Neo's 40 Team Alternate Universe NHL (Charlotte Checkers)

neo_prankster

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Black Dragon said:

Why ducks doesn't really fit Orlando In my opinion 

15 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Disneyland is located in Anaheim, which is likely why the Ducks were placed there to begin with, and Disney World is located in Orlando.

Yes, Orlando still makes sense for a Disney-backed sports team.

Sometimes I wonder if Disney placing the Ducks in Anaheim kinda slammed the door on San Diego getting an NHL team in real life.

21 minutes ago, PowderedWater said:

If anything, Orlando makes more sense as that is where Wide World of Sports is now located. (I think that’s what it’s called, at least.)

Also, Wide World could be a good place to hold training camp or practice while sharing the Amway Arena(s) with the Magic for actual games.

Anyone else like "Roadrunners" for Phoenix? Those guys will be next as soon as I figure out which direction I wanna go.

8 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Also, Wide World could be a good place to hold training camp or practice while sharing the Amway Arena(s) with the Magic for actual games.

Anyone else like "Roadrunners" for Phoenix? Those guys will be next as soon as I figure out which direction I wanna go.

For Phoenix anything desert related 

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

Phoenix Roadrunners would be an outstanding identity.

Truth be told, the Coyotes name still hasn't surpassed the Roadrunners identity in terms of longevity for usage by pro hockey teams in the Phoenix market. The Phoenix/Arizona Coyotes are currently contesting their 23rd NHL season. Five incarnations of the Phoenix Roadrunners played a combined 24 seasons in the Western Hockey League, World Hockey Association, Pacific Hockey League, International Hockey League, and ECHL.   

3 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Personally, I'd just stick with "Coyotes" for Phoenix, because it's culturally relevant to the state. Coyotes are commonly found in Arizona, and Coyote is one of the most important characters in Navajo mythology, so it makes sense. The fact that it won a public vote doesn't hurt it's case; I'd argue that, like with the Mighty Ducks, the name would still be the Phoenix Coyotes in any scenario; the other incarnations of the Roadrunners didn't seem to majorly influence the NHL club's name as it stands.

I'd lean into the Kachina design with any team name you do, though; it's a gorgeously Southwestern aesthetic that I've never liked got replaced by a more typically "sports" logo.

52 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Personally, I'd just stick with "Coyotes" for Phoenix, because it's culturally relevant to the state. Coyotes are commonly found in Arizona, and Coyote is one of the most important characters in Navajo mythology, so it makes sense. The fact that it won a public vote doesn't hurt it's case; I'd argue that, like with the Mighty Ducks, the name would still be the Phoenix Coyotes in any scenario; the other incarnations of the Roadrunners didn't seem to majorly influence the NHL club's name as it stands.

I'd lean into the Kachina design with any team name you do, though; it's a gorgeously Southwestern aesthetic that I've never liked got replaced by a more typically "sports" logo.

Alright. For comparison, here is the Coyotes' Kachina logo:

86liul9vxxfapth3dt9z3cx6b.png

And here's the Kachina fauxback used by the Tucson Roadrunners

4gNIRyO.png

15 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I wouldn’t touched the Coyotes identity at all, the teal doesn’t work near as well as the original color scheme imo. 
The ducks are a big improvement to the originals however!

The Yotes in the original Kachina colors. Wasn't sure how to really apply said colors without using black, so here's a rough idea.

YbUebXv.png

C&C Welcome.

Archived