2020 College Football

MJWalker45

16 hours ago, WJMorris3 said:

Yeah, Notre Dame is in the same boat. They're not a good team but because the writers are enamored with the Notre Dame brand, they're always ranked higher than they really should be. I think they're at best - at BEST fifth, even if they run the table.

Who should be above them then? I’ll give you Ohio State, but still - what two teams *after* OSU should jump them?

ExJworW.png

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, WJMorris3 said:

Alabama, Cincinnati

Bama already is, so that means you have ND at #4. Cincinnati, I disagree but that's understandable. 

13 minutes ago, WJMorris3 said:

Clemson

It's crazy that Notre Dame joined the ACC this year but they didn't get to play Clemson. If only they could've, because then we would've known definitively who is better. Oh wait

ExJworW.png

15 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Bama already is, so that means you have them at 4. Cincinnati, I disagree but that's understandable. 

It's crazy that Notre Dame joined the ACC this year but they didn't get to play Clemson. If only they could've, because then we would've known definitively who is better. Oh wait

Do we? Clemson was missing a lot; I don't think it's unreasonable to still rank Clemson above Notre Dame.

LvZYtbZ.png

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

This is why I'll never really care about college football. It's the only sport where a win isn't a win.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm not normally one to defend Notre Dame since they refuse to join a conference and then cry when they don't get the benefit a conference championship game provides but this year, they did join one... even if it's a terrible conference that's only relevant because of the one elite team that steamrolls the rest of the teams.

The important thing here is that it doesn't matter.  Clemson and Notre Dame will most likely play again and the winner will be in the playoffs, the loser will most likely not.  If the ACC puts two in the playoffs... then complain.  Trevor Lawrence or not, Notre Dame knocked off the #4 team.  If Cincinnati goes undefeated, it will likely be without a top 25 win.  Same with BYU.  That said, I'd probably take undefeated Cincinnati over the Big XII or Pac 12 winner.

IUe6Hvh.png

I remember the Derrius Guice story coming up a few months back and here's a follow-up.  Warning, it's a difficult read.  Vile stuff.

Guice and Davis included, at least nine LSU football players have been reported to police for sexual misconduct and dating violence since coach Ed Orgeron took over the team four years ago, records show. But the details of how LSU handled complaints against the other seven, including two who played key roles on its 2020 national championship team, remain largely secret.

So... Oregon should be gone as should everybody else involved.  The below is not related to the athletic department, I don't believe, but still no less awful.

LSU in June 2019 found the frat member responsible for sexually assaulting both women, case records the women shared with USA TODAY show. At every stage of the appeal process, LSU upheld the guilty verdict.

Yet even after finding him responsible twice, LSU refused to switch him out of the classes that he and Andries were set to share during the upcoming, fall 2019 semester, emails show. Instead, Andries said she was told that she would have to be the one to switch, because she was “the uncomfortable one,” and he had the same rights as her. 

IUe6Hvh.png

Woof... that's some rough stuff there. The fact that this is popping up now is a big time albatross for LSU... But, something to think about here:

LSU is only 2-3, which isn't that bad. But, if they were 5-1 or even 6-0... what are the chances that this story doesn't appear anywhere? I'm not discounting the accusations, I'm just saying that winning covers up a LOT of things.

1 hour ago, See Red said:

I remember the Derrius Guice story coming up a few months back and here's a follow-up.  Warning, it's a difficult read.  Vile stuff.

So... Oregon should be gone as should everybody else involved.  The below is not related to the athletic department, I don't believe, but still no less awful.

Crap like this is why I get nervous people like Art Briles will get another chance at the Power 5 schools. This sounds like what happened at Baylor as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 hours ago, oddball said:

If Michigan loses to Ohio State this year, does Harbaugh get fired that night or the next day?

You're assuming he makes it to the game. He could easily get fired before then.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Scott Frost seems doomed. He was supposed to be the chosen one and Nebraska seems no better. Frost spent some time throwing his players under the bus though, which is always a good sign. 

Maybe Nebraska just doesn’t matter anymore. Alternatively, I just realized that Frost only has one winning season as a head coach and I doubt he gets one this year. 

Also want to give credit to Indiana. They lost, but they showed they were worthy when I was expecting them to lose by four scores. 

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Scott Frost seems doomed. He was supposed to be the chosen one and Nebraska seems no better. Frost spent some time throwing his players under the bus though, which is always a good sign. 

Maybe Nebraska just doesn’t matter anymore. Alternatively, I just realized that Frost only has one winning season as a head coach and I doubt he gets one this year. 

Also want to give credit to Indiana. They lost, but they showed they were worthy when I was expecting them to lose by four scores. 

Ohio State fans are freaking out, but it's important to know that Ohio State held Indiana to -1 rushing, but gave up over 500 yards passing AND held Indiana to 0 points off turnovers today. That's saying something about Indiana's ability to stay in games this year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 11/21/2020 at 7:04 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Ohio State fans are freaking out, but it's important to know that Ohio State held Indiana to -1 rushing, but gave up over 500 yards passing AND held Indiana to 0 points off turnovers today. That's saying something about Indiana's ability to stay in games this year. 

Yeah, very impressive result for Ohio State over the best team in the state of Indiana.

LvZYtbZ.png

Dabo Swinney's nice guy, "aww shucks" veneer sure has worn off lately. It was inevitable just because it's impossible to like somebody who kicks everybody's asses for long. Just didn't think it would take the form of being such a belligerent prick. The idea that Florida State cancelled because they were scared of being embarrassed is so stupid. Florida State has been getting embarrassed for quite a while now, I'm sure being railed by one of the best teams in the country would be less embarrassing for them than losing to Georgia Tech.

6 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Dabo Swinney's nice guy, "aww shucks" veneer sure has worn off lately. It was inevitable just because it's impossible to like somebody who kicks everybody's asses for long. Just didn't think it would take the form of being such a belligerent prick. The idea that Florida State cancelled because they were scared of being embarrassed is so stupid. Florida State has been getting embarrassed for quite a while now, I'm sure being railed by one of the best teams in the country would be less embarrassing for them than losing to Georgia Tech.

He also came off as a blowhard who's more worried about winning games than understanding that you put people at risk by bringing potentially positive, then actually positive players to the game.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yeah, I can't stand Dabo. That's one program I'd love to see the NCAA come down hard on if they actually gave a damn about recruiting violations.

On another note, the CFP rankings came out. Cincy at #7 is noteworthy as it gives them a legit way in if Alabama beats Florida (likely).  If Notre Dame beats Clemson, it opens up the fourth spot. Unfortunately if Clemson wins i have zero faith the committee leaves ND out.  Georgia at #9 is a joke and just another example of that program getting respect it doesn't earn on the field. 

IUe6Hvh.png

16 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Yeah, if I can ignore all the more important stuff for a moment, I feel like the thing that bugs me the most about Dabo's nonsense here is that he's making me take Florida State's side in this argument, and taking Florida State's side on, quite literally, anything is something that doesn't sit well with me. But you're going to have one of your players show a positive test the day of the game and blame them for why the game got postponed? FOH.

spacer.png

Ohio State-Illinois is in doubt due to a Covid breakout for OSU.  If the game gets cancelled, it's not unreasonable to think the Buckeyes won't meet the minimum games threshold to play in the Big Ten championship game because of the conference rules. 

Could Ohio State make the playoff playing just five games and no CCG?

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived