MJWalker45

2020 College Football

1 hour ago, rams80 said:

It's almost like this is a bad idea.

And it’s such a pointless season. UCF’s national title claim is a thousand times more legit than anybody masquerading as a champion this season.

Not just because of the shortened season, or because of all the postponements and cancellations, but because even the games that are played need asterisks. Georgia Southern played a game earlier where they were missing 30-something players. The last game Arkansas State played they were out 12. 

10 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

2 straight years, 2 straight upsets of Oklahoma by Kansas State.

I’ve changed my mind. This season has a point. That point being Arkansas State > Kansas State > Oklahoma

3 hours ago, ninersdd said:

2 straight years, 2 straight upsets of Oklahoma by Kansas State.

Texas Tech are getting in on the act too. Maybe UCF can make the playoffs this year.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Texas Tech are getting in on the act too. Maybe UCF can make the playoffs this year.

Texas survives and LSU lose at home. Bama's being Bama though.

2 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Mike Leach is scary. That is all.

Ain't that the truth. I know first hand how terrifying his Air Raid offense can be, but 623 passing yards against an SEC defense?!?

Defensive coordinators across the SEC probably need brown pants with them at all times right now.

An NC State has been down on the field for 20+ minutes... how long is it going to take for people to realize playing football in a pandemic is a bad idea. 

9 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

An NC State has been down on the field for 20+ minutes... how long is it going to take for people to realize playing football in a pandemic is a bad idea. 

Never. There's way too money at stake for these schools to NOT play. College football helps pay the bills for almost ALL athletic departments at colleges across this great land of ours.

There's no way they would think it's a bad idea unless the threat is that great.

23 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

Va Tech is playing with 23 kids in quarantine. Remember, NC State played Notre Dame in a literal hurricane because . . . ( Checking notes) .  . . Football is more important than life itself in the ACC.

3 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

Never. There's way too money at stake for these schools to NOT play. College football helps pay the bills for almost ALL athletic departments at colleges across this great land of ours.

There's no way they would think it's a bad idea unless the threat is that great.

I’d like to think some institutions place greater value on the well-being of their amateur student-athletes.

But who knows considering our heroes fighting tooth and nail for Alabama, Clemson and Ohio state to enlarge their trophy cabinet. 

Pretty happy with Florida. The defense looked awful but there's no real reason to think that won't get cleaned up. Kyle Trask had 6 TD's, 4 to TE Kyle Pitts.

MSU/LSU says more to me about LSU than it does about Leach or MSU. LSU lost way too much this offseason, and that was before losing Stingley. Wouldn't be surprised if they're unranked by season's end.

7 hours ago, See Red said:

Pretty happy with Florida. The defense looked awful but there's no real reason to think that won't get cleaned up. Kyle Trask had 6 TD's, 4 to TE Kyle Pitts.

MSU/LSU says more to me about LSU than it does about Leach or MSU. LSU lost way too much this offseason, and that was before losing Stingley. Wouldn't be surprised if they're unranked by season's end.

After watching Texas A&M struggle with Vanderbilt, Arkansas prove they're still Arkansas and a whole bunch of "blue bloods" getting beaten, I think this is a case of playing a team whose new system hasn't been put on film yet. Had this been any other year they'd have beaten Our Sisters of the Poor by 50 instead of playing a mid to high-level SEC team the first game out.

13 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

Ain't that the truth. I know first hand how terrifying his Air Raid offense can be, but 623 passing yards against an SEC defense?!?

Defensive coordinators across the SEC probably need brown pants with them at all times right now.

I think this will help sort out what schools are built to stop passing first teams in the SEC. Last year that would've been LSU and maybe Alabama. Georgia having to swap out QBs yesterday probably shows that there's a lot more moral issues there, both within the team as well as the campus and community,

than have been reported lately. 

18 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I’ve changed my mind. This season has a point. That point being Arkansas State > Kansas State > Oklahoma

Sun Belt > Big XII

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think this will help sort out what schools are built to stop passing first teams in the SEC. Last year that would've been LSU and maybe Alabama. Georgia having to swap out QBs yesterday probably shows that there's a lot more moral issues there, both within the team as well as the campus and community,

than have been reported lately.

Georgia was using their third and fourth choices at quarterback, so that may be the main issue.

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Sun Belt > Big XII

Now if only we could get their TV money.

Meanwhile, in Tallaha--you know what, just look at my avatar. Get the hint.

But this season really don't count, right?

RIGHT?!??

Yeah... The U decided to make a fine example of Florida State. That's a curb stomping right there.

Anyhow, teams from the leagues that are coming back are now eligible for the AP Poll, so that explains why Ohio State, Penn State and so forth are back in.

Really wish they would hold off on ranking Big Ten/PAC-12 teams until they actually play, purely for the potential of having 3-4 Sun Belt teams crack the Top 25. 

48 minutes ago, DScruggy729 said:

Really wish they would hold off on ranking Big Ten/PAC-12 teams until they actually play, purely for the potential of having 3-4 Sun Belt teams crack the Top 25. 

Hell yeah.

Granted that I'm obviously liking this post because Arkansas State > Kansas State > Oklahoma, but Arkansas State has had two weeks off due to COVID because this season is made of asterisks.

16 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

Yeah... The U decided to make a fine example of Florida State. That's a curb stomping right there.

Anyhow, teams from the leagues that are coming back are now eligible for the AP Poll, so that explains why Ohio State, Penn State and so forth are back in.

Interestingly, Brett McMurphy omitted Big Ten teams from his list this week, stating it was because they didn't play yet. However, he had them on his list LAST WEEK even though they hadn't played yet. I guess the guy just needs the attention. 

https://espn1420.com/brett-mcmurphy-ranks-ul-football-in-his-top-25/

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/article/Pac-12-Big-Ten-teams-join-Top-25-rankings-15602010.php

Also of note:

1- NC State player has no spinal damage and was to be released from the hospital

2- People (Georgia State) apparently don't know how to read lab results.

Arkansas State got whipped by a fellow destroyer of a Kansas school, Coastal Carolina so I'm pretty unhappy right now. Blake Anderson just refuses to win enough to get hired away. It's like somebody trying to lose weight who does a really good job for a while and then decides to splurge, thus ruining all of the progress they had made. Beats top-25 Troy in a landslide at Troy? Time to lose to the Cajuns so they can barely get bowl-eligible the very next week.

Regular Arkansas won which really calls into question just how truly wretched Chad Morris was as a head coach. Those two years were really fun though.