2020 College Football

MJWalker45

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JayMac said:

Neither Harbaugh nor Franklin deserve a head coaching job anywhere in the Power 5 let alone the NFL.

Maybe there just aren't that many good coaches. I mean, Adam Gase is still working, Bill O'Brien got a head job for basically no reason, and same goes for Kingsbury.

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Maybe there just aren't that many good coaches. I mean, Adam Gase is still working, Bill O'Brien got a head job for basically no reason, and same goes for Kingsbury.

Gase only got the Jets job because of his relationship with Peyton Manning.

20 minutes ago, rainmaker17 said:

Every Notre Dame game feels rigged. This overtime has been ridiculous. Not a supporter of either team. 

The officiating was terrible all around. 

1 minute ago, FiddySicks said:

Cheer cheer, for old Notre Dame, grandma is dead, and that is so lame

They may have to forfeit the rest of the season, but at least they beat Clemson.

10 minutes ago, WJMorris3 said:

So how far do you move Clemson down after that, maybe 3 behind Alabama and Ohio State?

How do you keep them in front of the team that just beat them? I know you love to be pessimistic about Notre Dame, but come on.

spacer.png

My question though is Cincinnati. They benefit from Georgias loss but would have benefited more if the Irish lost too, and if Ohio State lost as well it could have been huge. Does Clemson stay in the Top 4? Does Cincinnati break into the top 4? Does Florida or Texas A&M leapfrog Cincinnati? Does Notre Dame leapfrog Ohio State?

My prediction

1. Alabama

2. Notre Dame

3. Ohio State

4. Cincinnati

5. Clemson

Signature intentionally left blank

1 hour ago, Dilbert said:

My question though is Cincinnati. They benefit from Georgias loss but would have benefited more if the Irish lost too, and if Ohio State lost as well it could have been huge. Does Clemson stay in the Top 4? Does Cincinnati break into the top 4? Does Florida or Texas A&M leapfrog Cincinnati? Does Notre Dame leapfrog Ohio State?

My prediction

1. Alabama

2. Notre Dame

3. Ohio State

4. Cincinnati

5. Clemson

Clemson lost in double overtime without their Heisman-worthy QB to the #4 team in the country, there is no way they're getting ranked below a G5 team

Virginia tech needs to stop giving out program-defining wins to every in-state school. 

And who the hell ices an fbs kicker on a 59 yard attempt? Fuente should’ve been canned after that. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Hot take -- Kyle Trask should be the Heisman front runner.  His numbers through five games are better than Mac Jones and Trevor Lawrence's numbers through six games.  His numbers through five games are comparable to Joe Burrow's 2019 numbers through five games without the benefit of non-conference games.

IUe6Hvh.png

Looking like LSU-Alabama may get postponed due to LSU having a little Covid outbreak. Interestingly, LSU already has a makeup game scheduled with Florida for the week before the SECCG.  I suspect the LSU-Alabama game would be the one that gets played as it's a divisional game. 

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, See Red said:

Looking like LSU-Alabama may get postponed due to LSU having a little Covid outbreak. Interestingly, LSU already has a makeup game scheduled with Florida for the week before the SECCG.  I suspect the LSU-Alabama game would be the one that gets played as it's a divisional game. 

If Florida were to lose once and Alabama were to win out, LSU-Florida would have SECCG implications, whereas Bama would've sewed up the West title.

4 hours ago, sportsfan7 said:

If Florida were to lose once and Alabama were to win out, LSU-Florida would have SECCG implications, whereas Bama would've sewed up the West title.

Florida-LSU is definitely more likely to matter, I just think they go with the divisional game. We'll see... hopefully it's not even an issue.

IUe6Hvh.png

On 11/8/2020 at 12:13 AM, burgundy said:

How do you keep them in front of the team that just beat them? I know you love to be pessimistic about Notre Dame, but come on.

Then how come you have people paid more than me to talk sports saying Clemson still is better positioned to make the CFP than Notre Dame is?

LvZYtbZ.png

1 hour ago, WJMorris3 said:

Then how come you have people paid more than me to talk sports saying Clemson still is better positioned to make the CFP than Notre Dame is?

Clemson will undoubtedly be favored in the ACC Championship game.  The real important thing is that it doesn't matter.  If Clemson wins the rematch -- Clemson is in.  If Notre Dame wins the rematch, Notre Dame is in and Clemson is out.  I imagine S&P+ or FPI would favor Notre Dame's playoff chances to Clemson's since ND can still get in with a loss.

edit: But who knows.  It feels like Bama, Clemson, and Georgia get a benefit of the doubt that's not afforded to other teams.

IUe6Hvh.png

On 11/7/2020 at 10:12 PM, GDAWG said:

Gase only got the Jets job because of his relationship with Peyton Manning.

Gase got the Dolphins head job because of his relationship with Peyton. He got the Jets job because they're incompetent.

6 hours ago, See Red said:

edit: But who knows.  It feels like Bama, Clemson, and Georgia get a benefit of the doubt that's not afforded to other teams.

Name programs with recent success that have played at least some games. This whole season is dumb and pointless anyway.

Archived