2020 College Football

MJWalker45

5 hours ago, See Red said:

Ohio State-Illinois is in doubt due to a Covid breakout for OSU.  If the game gets cancelled, it's not unreasonable to think the Buckeyes won't meet the minimum games threshold to play in the Big Ten championship game because of the conference rules. 

Could Ohio State make the playoff playing just five games and no CCG?

I'm sure they could. I'm sure Fields could still win the Heisman as well.

spacer.png

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio State/Illinois has been cancelled.  One more cancelled game for Ohio State and they're ineligible for the Big Ten Championship game unless the conference has a lot more cancellations before the end of the season.

This is Michigan's shot to keep OSU from winning the Big Ten Championship.

IUe6Hvh.png

29 minutes ago, See Red said:

Ohio State/Illinois has been cancelled.  One more cancelled game for Ohio State and they're ineligible for the Big Ten Championship game unless the conference has a lot more cancellations before the end of the season.

The dream of an Indiana-Northwestern Big Ten Championship is alive!

5 hours ago, See Red said:

Harbaugh is going with the spread offense... 

I saw, I came, I left.

8 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

The dream of an Indiana-Northwestern Big Ten Championship is alive!

So is the nightmare of watching an undefeated Northwestern team get passed up for the CFP in favor of a 5-0 OSU. 

IUe6Hvh.png

50 minutes ago, See Red said:

So is the nightmare of watching an undefeated Northwestern team get passed up for the CFP in favor of a 5-0 OSU. 

There really should be a rule that only conference champions get to play in the playoff. Yeah, screw Notre Dame if they don't like it (in a normal year)

I saw, I came, I left.

4 hours ago, See Red said:

I know we're all cynical and stuff, but surely Northwestern would have to go in above Ohio State in such a hypothetical. Northwestern would have beaten Ohio State's best (and only good) win along with Wisconsin. Not that it really matters, because this whole season in an asterisk.

5 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I know we're all cynical and stuff, but surely Northwestern would have to go in above Ohio State in such a hypothetical. Northwestern would have beaten Ohio State's best (and only good) win along with Wisconsin. Not that it really matters, because this whole season in an asterisk.

Or Northwestern could just lose to Michigan State.

31 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Or Northwestern could just lose to Michigan State.

Well sure, but who could be so woeful to lose to Michigan State this year? Who else could do something so embarrassing? Probably nobody, I'm sure.

7 hours ago, DEAD! said:

Vanderbilt could use a running back... and a quarterback, and a wide receiver.... 

I think Vanderbilt needs a bit of EVERYTHING! Good for Sarah Fuller and for the school for being progressive. But the team is still a dang joke and it sad that she really didn't get to do anything other then be in uniform... Which is sad. 

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

I'll be honest, I would have assumed that a female had kicked at a P5 level at some point without me noticing. I know it's happened elsewhere. I think Arkansas State even played a school with a female kicker in the 90's or early aughts. Nice to see regardless. Sad that it had to be Vanderbilt that was the first to make it happen for the reasons already outlined. They are the team who I mostly remember from me turning on the TV at noon on a Saturday and somehow they were down 45-3 to Florida every single week.

Just now, Red Wolf said:

I'll be honest, I would have assumed that a female had kicked at a P5 level at some point without me noticing. I know it's happened elsewhere. I think Arkansas State even played a school with a female kicker in the 90's or early aughts. Nice to see regardless. Sad that it had to be Vanderbilt that was the first to make it happen for the reasons already outlined. They are the team who I mostly remember from me turning on the TV at noon on a Saturday and somehow they were down 45-3 to Florida every single week.

So question. Was Vanderbilt ever taken seriously as an SEC team? Or in Football for that matter? I think it similar to my issues with SFA, Good in Basketball and other sports, sucks at football. Only difference is that SFA is (For right now I think) is still in the FCS. What's Vanderbilt excuse?

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

Archived