2020 College Football

MJWalker45

While Im disappointed that Cincinnati got snubbed I more upset that Notre Dame and Ohio State are in the playoff. They have no business being there. I can understand A&M getting snubbed since they werent in the conference championship, but I still dont get how Florida, despite losing by a shoe last week and losing in the conference championship to Alabama still has them above Cincinnati.

Signature intentionally left blank

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

While Im disappointed that Cincinnati got snubbed I more upset that Notre Dame and Ohio State are in the playoff. They have no business being there. I can understand A&M getting snubbed since they werent in the conference championship, but I still dont get how Florida, despite losing by a shoe last week and losing in the conference championship to Alabama still has them above Cincinnati.

As much as I wished Cincy would get a berth, they sort of blew it when they needed a last second field goal to beat Tulsa. I still have no idea how the Gators have dropped 1 spot over the last 2 weeks despite going 0-2.

Um.. I know the NCAA relaxed the rules for getting into a bowl game this year, but seeing a 2-8 team in South Carolina get in and a 3-7 teams in Mississippi State, Arkansas and Tennessee get in is a little.. Oh, I don't know, :censored: ridiculous?!?

4 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

there in because they will draw people to watch.

Which gets back to Infrared41's point...and gives me a reason to post this:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 minutes ago, dont care said:

This whole season has been a total farce. In Cincinnati wants to claim they are the FBS Champions they could because nothing matters this year. Rules were just made on the fly together the big schools and conferences the best bowl games.

Like UCF?

UCF national title claim: Everything involved with the Knights championship  - SBNation.com

so long and thanks for all the fish.

1 minute ago, dont care said:

Ucf is a completely different story. They lost their chance by only scheduling cupcake out of conference games. Cincinnati is the product of B.S. rules created by the pandemic and the NCAA’s pandering to the power 5 schools

they did get the National Championship from Colley Matrix in 2017. 

I'm a Cincinnati fan and I've watched all their games this year. And I don't think they're one of the best four teams in the country.

But we didn't need to play the games to tell you that the four best teams in the country are Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and Notre Dame.

I get that the AAC isn't on the same level of any P5 conference, but Cincinnati really has no choice in how good the teams in their conference are. They can only play who they play.

If the Playoff Committee isn't going to take these teams seriously then it's time, and I never thought I'd say this, to separate the Power 5 from everyone else. Not only should the Group of 5 make their own playoff, they should stop playing the P5. If you want to prove how tough your schedule is, don't play the Tulsas of the world since they're so beneath you.

I also think we shouldn't be ranking the teams until like Week 5.

2 minutes ago, floydnimrod said:

I'm a Cincinnati fan and I've watched all their games this year. And I don't think they're one of the best four teams in the country.

But we didn't need to play the games to tell you that the four best teams in the country are Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and Notre Dame.

I get that the AAC isn't on the same level of any P5 conference, but Cincinnati really has no choice in how good the teams in their conference are. They can only play who they play.

If the Playoff Committee isn't going to take these teams seriously then it's time, and I never thought I'd say this, to separate the Power 5 from everyone else. Not only should the Group of 5 make their own playoff, they should stop playing the P5. If you want to prove how tough your schedule is, don't play the Tulsas of the world since they're so beneath you.

I also think we shouldn't be ranking the teams until like Week 5.

i have said that to people i know at work (maybe ESPN can release it before the MNF game on Columbus Day 2020)

4 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

they did get the National Championship from Colley Matrix in 2017. 

1 matrix out of 40 that the NCAA uses. Also it’s probably the dumbest one there is because it’s only inputs are wins and losses, that’s it. No points differential, no strength of schedule. Nothing.

Just now, dont care said:

1 matrix out of 40 that the NCAA uses. Also it’s probably the dumbest one there is because it’s only inputs are wins and losses, that’s it. No points differential, no strength of schedule. Nothing.

I know.  

Archived