2020 College Football

MJWalker45

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, See Red said:

The conference receives $6.4m for a team playing in a NY6.

Then send another team. Florida has the ability to say, "We're short and we don't see a benefit of playing". Unfortunately it's still about the money and not the players. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

38 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Then send another team. Florida has the ability to say, "We're short and we don't see a benefit of playing". Unfortunately it's still about the money and not the players. 

They could have but Mullen said his players wanted to play still so he made it happen

43 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

How is it not about the players?  You're the one arguing they shouldn't have been able to spend the holidays with their family.

And there was no other SEC team in a position to replace Florida.

IUe6Hvh.png

3 minutes ago, See Red said:

How is it not about the players?  You're the one arguing they shouldn't have been able to spend the holidays with their family.

I'm saying they made a commitment and should see it out. Would they have normally been at home? That's usually not the case.  And if the coaches felt truly believed it, they still should have planned more than 3 practices

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

24 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm saying they made a commitment and should see it out. Would they have normally been at home? That's usually not the case.  And if the coaches felt truly believed it, they still should have planned more than 3 practices

There's usually, like, three weeks between games, so I imagine they get time.  They've also had a game every week since Halloween.

Just now, Red Wolf said:

They just didn't want to be there.

Doesn't really work for the team that didn't have six starters opt out.

IUe6Hvh.png

Just now, See Red said:

Doesn't really work for the team that didn't have six starters opt out.

It only works if you have an SEC patch on your jersey, actually. It's why it's become such a meme. SEC winning bowls proves they're the best, but losing them means that bowls are just exhibitions and don't actually matter.

2 hours ago, See Red said:

The head coach himself said they were treating it like a scrimmage and trying to get young guys game reps.  After the Alabama game he said as far as he was concerned, the 2020 Gators played their last game against Alabama.  It's an exhibition game.

This is a bit of a long-winded, "they didn't want to be there," argument. Nobody can ever beat an SEC team fairly. It was the other team's Super Bowl or something, and therefore it's their fault for trying harder. Shame on them.

35 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

It only works if you have an SEC patch on your jersey, actually. It's why it's become such a meme. SEC winning bowls proves they're the best, but losing them means that bowls are just exhibitions and don't actually matter.

This is a bit of a long-winded, "they didn't want to be there," argument. Nobody can ever beat an SEC team fairly. It was the other team's Super Bowl or something, and therefore it's their fault for trying harder. Shame on them.

Yeah, the gameplan was to let the backup QB play half the game and rotate in third stringers but they were totally treating it like every other game. That doesn't sound the least bit silly to you?

They wanted it so badly they took the week off instead of practicing.  The head coach told us what he was doing a week before the game and you're insisting that wasn't the case. 

IUe6Hvh.png

Why do college QBs do the hand-clap thing to get the snap from the center?  Is that like a silent count?  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Why do college QBs do the hand-clap thing to get the snap from the center?  Is that like a silent count?  

I think the clapping sound cuts through the crowd noise better and is easier to hear. 

IUe6Hvh.png

16 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Yeah I agree but I'm talking about this season. Coastal Carolina had ther greatest year in program history and still lost to unranked Liberty when it mattered most. SJSU lost to Ball State. If these schools can't win low tier bowl games against unranked opponents then why should they have been competing for the natty this year? They aren't good enough.

Maybe a factor in it is that teams who had really good seasons are demotivated by playing in some mid-tier bowl no one gives a rats ass about, whilst the teams they're playing are hyper-motivated to go out and beat a team who, according to some, should have been in National Championship discussion?

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

21 minutes ago, See Red said:

I think the clapping sound cuts through the crowd noise better and is easier to hear. 

I'd think that defensive players could just clap too or there could be other claps.  Wonder why I've not noticed it in the NFL.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

I'd think that defensive players could just clap too or there could be other claps.  Wonder why I've not noticed it in the NFL.

I'm not certain, but I think its unsportsmanlike conduct for a defensive player to clap.

52 minutes ago, See Red said:

Yeah, the gameplan was to let the backup QB play half the game and rotate in third stringers but they were totally treating it like every other game. That doesn't sound the least bit silly to you?

They wanted it so badly they took the week off instead of practicing.  The head coach told us what he was doing a week before the game and you're insisting that wasn't the case. 

Not as silly as deciding to dick around for a nationally televised game.

14 minutes ago, BBTV said:

12 minutes ago, sportsfan7 said:

I'm not certain, but I think its unsportsmanlike conduct for a defensive player to clap.

Yup, if a defender claps or mimics the quarterback's play calling it's unsportsmanlike conduct. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 hours ago, See Red said:

If 94 was ejected like he should have been, BYU wins that game.

BYU is the very last team that gets to complain about cheap shots, just tossing that out there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

4 hours ago, See Red said:

The head coach himself said they were treating it like a scrimmage and trying to get young guys game reps.  After the Alabama game he said as far as he was concerned, the 2020 Gators played their last game against Alabama.  It's an exhibition game.

Oklahoma only practiced a handful of days themselves, but Oklahoma wasn't starting scout teamers.  You're not going to develop chemistry between WRs and a QB in a week... so why not let the kids see their families for the holidays?

I dunno, Indiana got exiled to Tampa so Florida could get their reps in this very high value "exhibition".  They can piss off.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived