2020 College Football

MJWalker45

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Sarkisian to Texas for some reason. 

Because Urban Meyer wasn't taking the job. As far as his interaction with boosters, Meyer is more like Charlie Strong and nothing like Mack Brown. Part of the issues Texas boosters had with Strong was that he wasn't as willing to make time for boosters like Brown did. When you don't do that and you're not winning as much as they prefer, it's not going to work. I still hope Meyer stays at Fox. I can't see the Chargers or Jaguars helping his health, even if he's made GM too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Bowl Games I’ve found myself more invested in than the CFB Playoffs:

Oklahoma (6) - Florida (7)

Georgia (9) - Cincinnati (8)

NC State (23) - Kentucky

Oregon (25) - Iowa State (10)

and also presumably

Texas A&M (5) - North Carolina (13)

14 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

That would be great news... for Ohio State fans  right?

It would!  Ohio State fans are having quite the weekend.  Although apparently Harbaugh and Dan Mullen are coaches the Jets have interest in to fill their new vacancy.

IUe6Hvh.png

On 1/1/2021 at 11:42 PM, JerseyJimmy said:

...man, Texas A&M really deserved to be in Notre Dame's spot. hell, I'd take Indiana over ND.

I stand very firmly behind the first part of this statement. as for the second part, well, uh, you see, about that,

53Ocz8U.png

18 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Because Urban Meyer wasn't taking the job. As far as his interaction with boosters, Meyer is more like Charlie Strong and nothing like Mack Brown. Part of the issues Texas boosters had with Strong was that he wasn't as willing to make time for boosters like Brown did. When you don't do that and you're not winning as much as they prefer, it's not going to work. I still hope Meyer stays at Fox. I can't see the Chargers or Jaguars helping his health, even if he's made GM too.

But they could have just not fired Herman if they didn't have a suitable replacement in mind. I guess if they weren't going to make another hilariously failed run at Saban, may as well get somebody that works for him.

1 minute ago, Red Wolf said:

But they could have just not fired Herman if they didn't have a suitable replacement in mind. I guess if they weren't going to make another hilariously failed run at Saban, may as well get somebody that works for him.

I think they look at how Sark's offense ran this year and that's what they want at Texas. It may have been a case of being told know in December but him changing his mind later on. I wonder if this is something that keeps Ehlinger there, though I think they need to move on from him. The freshman did a great job picking apart Colorado. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

What's Sark's record of getting plastered at booster events at Alabama? Because that's how he spent a lot of his time at Washington.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

What's Sark's record of getting plastered at booster events at Alabama? Because that's how he spent a lot of his time at Washington.

Supposedly he's good these days. He has to work under Saban so I'm inclined to believe it. I would still be concerned about it regardless. Being placed into the head job at a place even more stressful than Washington or USC seems like a bad idea for somebody that had substance issues, but here's hoping he'll be okay.

8 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Once rumors got out that the 'Horns were trying to make a run at Meyer, Herman's days were over. No kid would commit to a coach whose AD was actively courting a potential replacement. As an aside, Sark is from CA and has no connections to Texas, so he should fit right in in Austin.

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I hope Tom Herman finds a great job. He may have been 4-0 in bowl games, but unfortunately with circumstances around winning in college football, he suffered 18 too many loses in 4 seasons.

I'd be surprised if he's not employed somewhere this off-season. Maybe he qualifies for the Alabama coach reclamation program.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Well deserved.  Trevor Lawrence as the runner up is a complete joke, though.

I wonder how Pitts would have done if a dirty hit by Georgia didn't keep him out three games or so.  He finished 10th as it is.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived