2020 College Football

MJWalker45

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, Red Wolf said:

Because of positive COVID tests from Louisiana Tech (players got displaced by the hurricane, so I'm not going to totally blame them or anything), Arkansas State's embarrassment to Kansas State will be in the noon slot on Fox which is pretty neat. Unless I'm right about getting housed.

Good prediction, dumbass. 

2 hours ago, WJMorris3 said:

Notre Dame struggling in their first conference game ever, at home versus Duke. This is why you take independent teams' records with a grain of salt.

I saw somewhere that this season gave both pro- and anti-Notre Dame's Independence people what they wanted. Notre Dame fans could point out that there schedule got easier by dropping USC, Stanford, and Wisconsin, while Notre Dame opposers could point out that their path to the playoff got harder by likely having to beat Clemson twice to get in (If all P5 conferences were playing).

I'm really enjoying these COVID outbreak previews on TV today. Seriously, watching the Georgia Southern game they had some graphic about masks being required and the camera was staring down like 15 people clustered together with maybe one of them wearing a mask. Same thing for the crowd I saw at Kansas State. Not to mention that college kids are gonna be dumbasses, like the players from Memphis that hopped on a party bus and now their team's games are postponed.

5 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Iowa State makes fun of Iowa for not playing, forgets to play in the second half. 

embarrassing. stopped watching at half to go golfing cause I figured ISU would get it done. Now I feel like an idiot for thinking my alma matter actually had a shot at the XII title this year.

But curious-how did ISU make fun on UI for not playing?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/11/us/college-campus-outbreak-covid.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

I hope everyone enjoyed a week of college football. It really shouldn't be happening.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, WJMorris3 said:

Notre Dame struggling in their first conference game ever, at home versus Duke. This is why you take independent teams' records with a grain of salt.

They always struggle at the start of the season under Kelly. He loves playing it safe. Their mediocre performance today had nothing to do with being a conference game. You have to be the most pessimistic ND I know of, haha. I like to complain about Kelly, but damn, you've gotta have some hope.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, tjs11 said:

embarrassing. stopped watching at half to go golfing cause I figured ISU would get it done. Now I feel like an idiot for thinking my alma matter actually had a shot at the XII title this year.

But curious-how did ISU make fun on UI for not playing?

The fans have been. Mostly Twitter-fighting.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The fans have been. Mostly Twitter-fighting.

Florida State fans did the same when the SEC put the kibosh on playing OOC rivalries.

And today, of course, Florida State lost to a Georgia Tech team that was picked to finish last in the ACC.  Beaten by a true freshman QB that was committed to FSU until they fired Taggart. 

IUe6Hvh.png

I give UL-Lafayette credit for showing up and basically punching Iowa State in the yap.

In fact, the Sun Belt is 2-0 against the Big 12 today with Coastal Carolina at Kansas still to play (Why that game started at 7 PM my time is beyond me..)

What's the worst week a major conference has ever had on the field? The Big XII is looking to go 0-3 vs. the Sun Belt (Coastal up 21-0 on KU as I type this), and Texas Tech is only up 8 against Houston Baptist late. HBU is an FCS school that has literally never had a winning record. The Southland Conference normally plays nine conference games, but one team plays eight. They award this to the crap teams, with HBU and Incarnate Word being the ones that typically get that honor.

3 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I'm really enjoying these COVID outbreak previews on TV today. Seriously, watching the Georgia Southern game they had some graphic about masks being required and the camera was staring down like 15 people clustered together with maybe one of them wearing a mask. Same thing for the crowd I saw at Kansas State. Not to mention that college kids are gonna be dumbasses, like the players from Memphis that hopped on a party bus and now their team's games are postponed.

The Florida State game with ESPN's always-excessive overuse of crowd shots also bore this out. It was actually embarrassing to see how few people were wearing any kind of mouth-protection, and the only thing keeping me from chirping about it is that I know it's going to be just as bad at the Gators first home game in a few weeks. We're talking 18-22-year-olds in Florida. It's the perfect combination for people who will absolutely refuse to follow proper health guidelines and protocols.

spacer.png

9 hours ago, See Red said:

And today, of course, Florida State lost to a Georgia Tech team that was picked to finish last in the ACC.  Beaten by a true freshman QB that was committed to FSU until they fired Taggart. 

And thus, Chief Osceola will remain flipped upside down until they give Buc a reason to flip it back right side up.

(This aside from the above-named poster's aversion to the season even playing in the first place, but...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

8 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

, We're talking 18-22-year-olds in Florida. It's the perfect combination for people who will absolutely refuse to follow proper health guidelines and protocols.

If the men are not going to wear a condom, why you expect them to wear a mask?

I saw, I came, I left.

The new AP poll comes out... 10 new teams enter the ranks, lead by Memphis at 16th. UL-Lafayette is in for the first time since 1943, while BYU gets in despite losing their game with Army this week thanks to COVID-19.

NU President Ted Carter was caught on a hot mic saying that a Big Ten announcement would come tonight.

Hot take - this wasn't an accident.  As vocal as Nebraska has been about wanting to play, this is absolutely a moment of thunder-stealing on behalf of NU to the Big Ten.  Kevin Warren has fallen all over himself sideways and backwards to try and block a football season, and now that it appears imminent, I highly suspect this was Carter dropping some social gamesmanship to remind Warren that the commissioner of the league serves at the pleasure of the constituent members, not the other way around.

https://www.ketv.com/article/heard-on-hot-mic-university-of-nebraska-president-says-big-ten-announcement-comes-tonight/34027172?fbclid=IwAR2_vWOSOiV9RjZfzIt5sQ5RUu00H2BFSEhA7ow69QZzbBClCVKapnVOKvU#

Additionally, according to some beat writers in Michigan, it appears that the conference might move ahead with a schedule that does not include UM/MSU.  I won't get political here, but obviously there's a lot swirling around Michigan and Governor Whitmer's executive orders.  Seems like the B1G may have contingency plans for the inclusion/exclusion of the Wolverines and Sparty, depending on what shakes out politically in the Mitten State.

https://www.radio.com/971theticket/sports/university-of-michigan/big-ten-expected-to-proceed-without-michigan-michigan-state

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived