Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Did anyone see the owner and his kid or grandkid wearing these ridiculous jerseys?  I think it's silly for adults to wear jerseys in the first place, but it looks absolutely absurd on a... "mature" individual.  Hell - it even looked absurd on the kid.

Adult who is proud to wear jerseys and collect jerseys. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/23/2020 at 7:51 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Anyone know whether the line widths for the numbers are consistent? 

It's hard to tell with the side shadow. Non-cursive numerals with thicker verticals than horizontals tend to bug me. 

The verticals are thicker than the horizontals, and it’s exaggerated by the side shadow (because it adds weight to only the verticals).

You should reconsider your position on thicker verticals, though; that’s the proper way to proportion type and 99% of letterforms are built that way even if it’s not as noticeable as it is on Atlanta’s type.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

7 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Speaking of that, what was with the goofball in the superhero costume at the Titan's feed?

Even worse, there's a guy sitting on the toilet in the background on that Titans feed.

6 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

The verticals are thicker than the horizontals, and it’s exaggerated by the side shadow (because it adds weight to only the verticals).

You should reconsider your position on thicker verticals, though; that’s the proper way to proportion type and 99% of letterforms are built that way even if it’s not as noticeable as it is on Atlanta’s type.

Difference between type and jersey font though. 

On type it’s supposed to resemble the quill nib. To my eyes it just doesn’t look right on a jersey, especially since players often lean forward which Compresses the numbers vertically and accentuates the different widths. 

24 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Difference between type and jersey font though. 

On type it’s supposed to resemble the quill nib. To my eyes it just doesn’t look right on a jersey, especially since players often lean forward which Compresses the numbers vertically and accentuates the different widths. 

I’m not talking just handwriting-inspired type. I’m talking all type, even type that’s designed to look uniform, geometric, or monoweight has thicker verticals, including many block uniform numbers.

The science behind it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

I’m not talking just handwriting-inspired type. I’m talking all type, even type that’s designed to look uniform, geometric, or monoweight has thicker verticals, including many block uniform numbers.

The science behind it.

Interesting article. 

Numbering like the Falcons and Patriots (old) still look bad to me. 

Maybe those fonts are overcorrecting? 

The fonts in the article had very subtle differences in length. The goal seems to be a font that looks even on all sides. 

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Did anyone see the owner and his kid or grandkid wearing these ridiculous jerseys?  I think it's silly for adults to wear jerseys in the first place, but it looks absolutely absurd on a... "mature" individual.  Hell - it even looked absurd on the kid

The "adults shouldn't wear jerseys" idea never made any sense to me. You're watching other people play a kids game, you're not even playing it yourself. But somehow wearing the shirt of the team you like is crossing the line. 

2 hours ago, Chromatic said:

The "adults shouldn't wear jerseys" idea never made any sense to me. You're watching other people play a kids game, you're not even playing it yourself. But somehow wearing the shirt of the team you like is crossing the line. 

Yeah, that's asinine at best. People can wear and like what they please. I don't get why that bothers some people so much more than others.

On 4/24/2020 at 2:28 PM, Chromatic said:

Minecraft is a kids game. The NFL is a violent, dangerous, and entertaining billion dollar gladiator sport. 

6 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Minecraft is a kids game. The NFL is a violent, dangerous, and entertaining billion dollar gladiator sport. 

Right so the REAL big tough men are the ones who go to witness the most bloodshed and pain possible, and naturally those alpha males are going to laugh at the manbabies who follow teams and care about the result.

On 4/24/2020 at 1:28 PM, Chromatic said:

Tuck that authentic NFL jersey into your jeans though...I’ll mock you every time.  

Sorry not sorry.  

47 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

What if they're jorts though?

I saw someone wearing a baseball jersey tucked into jorts once. Best part? It was a St. Louis Cardinals jersey. 

In Kitchener, Ontario of all places. 

On 4/24/2020 at 1:28 PM, Chromatic said:

I think most of the "no jerseys for adults" crowd supports a team hat, t-shirt, etc. but mocks the idea of the jersey because "you look like you think you play for the team."

I'm all for "wear what you want."  I did sort of drift away from wearing jerseys as I started navigating adulthood, but I tend to wear them to games of my teams.  I don't see anything wrong with that (or wearing them to the grocery store, if that's your thing). Jerseys (more than logos) are the primary reason I'm here.  And I have a couple that I consider to be the best garments I own...No it doesn't mean I'll wear one, instead of a suit, to a funeral, but to wear my Wild jersey to a Wild game? I do that with no shame.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, daniel75 said:

Just don’t wear a teams jersey to a game they’re not even playing in. I’m only half joking cause what you wear doesn’t bother me, but at the same time it’s just strange imo.

I never understood that as well. Like I guess they're supporting the sport/league but it looks odd either way. For example, I know a guy who's a hardcore Bears fan, but if he goes to a local Bucs game (and they're playing someone other than the Bears) he would wear Bucs gear. He's not going to wear his Bears jersey to a game they're not playing in, so he does it right in my book. I just dont understand the people that don't follow that logic lol.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

1 hour ago, TornadoGTS said:

I never understood that as well. Like I guess they're supporting the sport/league but it looks odd either way. For example, I know a guy who's a hardcore Bears fan, but if he goes to a local Bucs game (and they're playing someone other than the Bears) he would wear Bucs gear. He's not going to wear his Bears jersey to a game they're not playing in, so he does it right in my book. I just dont understand the people that don't follow that logic lol.

That's definitely how it should be. Either wear a team that's playing or pull a Rob Lowe and wear an NFL shield hat.

Archived