Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

4 hours ago, daniel75 said:

Just don’t wear a teams jersey to a game they’re not even playing in. I’m only half joking cause what you wear doesn’t bother me, but at the same time it’s just strange imo.

3 hours ago, TornadoGTS said:

I never understood that as well. Like I guess they're supporting the sport/league but it looks odd either way. For example, I know a guy who's a hardcore Bears fan, but if he goes to a local Bucs game (and they're playing someone other than the Bears) he would wear Bucs gear. He's not going to wear his Bears jersey to a game they're not playing in, so he does it right in my book. I just dont understand the people that don't follow that logic lol.

Interesting. This happens a fair amount, but I always assumed these people were very casual fans who thought they were just wearing sport specific attire. As in "Oh I'm going to a football game, I'll wear my football Jersey" without much consideration for the actual teams playing because they dont get the typical etiquette of sporting events. Kind of like if you were to drag a friend to a Star Trek convention and he brought a lightsaber.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Interesting. This happens a fair amount, but I always assumed these people were very casual fans who thought they were just wearing sport specific attire. As in "Oh I'm going to a football game, I'll wear my football Jersey" without much consideration for the actual teams playing because they dont get the typical etiquette of sporting events. Kind of like if you were to drag a friend to a Star Trek convention and he brought a lightsaber.

He probably wouldn't make it out alive with those people if that happened 🙃

And I do get the casual fan aspect, but I feel like even some legitimate fans of the sport will wear non-playing team attire. Like their fanship is going to get revoked or that they have to defend their team against fans of teams that are actually playing.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I personally, have no problem with people wearing other team's apparel to games. They are clothes! People pay good money for clothes to support their team. Wearing them is not disrespectful, it doesn't hurt anyone, if anything-it just isolates the person wearing it, and if they don't care, why should you or anyone else? To play devil's advocate, why does it bother you all so much? Just clothes. 

Just now, tjs11 said:

I personally, have no problem with people wearing other team's apparel to games. They are clothes! People pay good money for clothes to support their team. Wearing them is not disrespectful, it doesn't hurt anyone, if anything-it just isolates the person wearing it, and if they don't care, why should you or anyone else? To play devil's advocate, why does it bother you all so much? Just clothes. 

I wouldn't say it bothers me, like I don't get frustrated by it when I see it. Just more of a personal musing/observation, like "eh he's wearing that? Wouldn't have gone that route" then that's it I never see him again the rest of the game. You gotta remember where we're at, this place is going to go into the minutiae of jerseys whether its on the field or in the stands 😉.

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I don't mind if it's a jersey from a team from the same city, like wearing a Blackhawks jersey to a Cubs game. However, if it's another team, I don't get bothered, more confused. If it's just a random jersey not at all related to the city or teams playing, then I'm just really confused. I went to a Hornets-Magic game last year and saw someone wearing a Nationals jersey. I just start to wonder why even bother wearing a sports jersey if it's so unrelated to the game at hand.

the user formerly known as cdclt

13 minutes ago, TornadoGTS said:

I wouldn't say it bothers me, like I don't get frustrated by it when I see it. Just more of a personal musing/observation, like "eh he's wearing that? Wouldn't have gone that route" then that's it I never see him again the rest of the game. You gotta remember where we're at, this place is going to go into the minutiae of jerseys whether its on the field or in the stands 😉.

Not criticizing you TornatoGTS-just my opinions on the matter: 

Most people probably have a reason for wearing those. Either a huge devotion to the team, a desire to fit into the NFL community, or a

personal connection.

sure let's talk about designs, and history, and rarities, but are we really gonna start criticizing and dictating what people wear to a football game? people might save up hundreds of dollars for a night out, and wear what they want to that game even though they aren't a fan of the team. 

It's a community of NFL fans right? People express themselves at a night out on the town.  Maybe the Bears fan was dragged to Lambeau by their Packers girlfriend. We all just love football! It's not worth getting in a bind about, just clothes :)

It's PERFECTLY okay to be confused and wonder "wonder why that person is wearing that??" but they probably have a reason and it's okay to criticize in your head, but I personally don't want this forum to become a breeding ground for "you can't wear that to the game!"

6 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

Not criticizing you TornatoGTS-just my opinions on the matter: 

Most people probably have a reason for wearing those. Either a huge devotion to the team, a desire to fit into the NFL community, or a

personal connection.

sure let's talk about designs, and history, and rarities, but are we really gonna start criticizing and dictating what people wear to a football game? people might save up hundreds of dollars for a night out, and wear what they want to that game even though they aren't a fan of the team. 

It's a community of NFL fans right? People express themselves at a night out on the town.  Maybe the Bears fan was dragged to Lambeau by their Packers girlfriend. We all just love football! It's not worth getting in a bind about, just clothes :)

It's PERFECTLY okay to be confused and wonder "wonder why that person is wearing that??" but they probably have a reason and it's okay to criticize in your head, but I personally don't want this forum to become a breeding ground for "you can't wear that to the game!"

And I agree with all that. Like I said I don't care what they wear. I may question it in my own way as being someone, like a lot of people here, who are really into the jerseys and teams and notice stuff like that, but at the end of the day I'm not criticizing them or holding it against them as a person. Like I said its just a passing thought/musing in the moment, nobody's going after them with pitchforks 😉

1 minute ago, TornadoGTS said:

And I agree with all that. Like I said I don't care what they wear. I may question it in my own way as being someone, like a lot of people here, who are really into the jerseys and teams and notice stuff like that, but at the end of the day I'm not criticizing them or holding it against them as a person. Like I said its just a passing thought/musing in the moment, nobody's going after them with pitchforks 😉

yep I agree with ya :)  It's all good.  I think it's kinda fun to see the variety of cities/fans at a pro-game. 

But **** people with inaccurate jerseys though right??? They are the devil ;) 

I wore a throwback White Sox hat when I went to a Packers scrimmage at Lambeau in 2013 because it was the closest thing to Wisconsin I had on my trip. I'm not even a fan of the White Sox or Packers, so it was a strange moment. If you're wondering why I was even there it's cause got family in Wisconsin and I just had to visit Lambeau as a football fan in general.

So yeah, I can understand why someone would wear merch that isn't of the home team. They may just be visiting and put on something to represent the sport in general.

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, tjs11 said:

No ones saying they can't. Just trying to understand why.

5 hours ago, Chromatic said:

No ones saying they can't. Just trying to understand why.

This is something I've done in the past.  Best explanation I can give is this,

I grew up in Chicago an Eagles fan (I was born in Philly, grew up near Chicago.  The only Chicago team I'm a fan of...well... pretty clear).  My father through his job would usually go to a Bears game or two per year and would invite me.  Especially in the early 00s, the Eagles and the Bears both had some decent seasons, even matching in the playoffs and I took a considerable amount at school (until the Eagles whooped the Bears.  Such a lovely day for a high schooler...).   I had zero love for the Bears because of it.  But I'm a sports fan, an NFL fan, and free box seats?  I'm of course going to the game.  I'm 15.  It's Sunday.  Not like I have a better option.

Regardless, I owned no Bears stuff.  And because the game was a random bears game, they'd be playing the Packers, or the Steelers or the Rams...I wasn't a fan of these teams.  But I'm an NFL fan and games are games.  So I'd wear an Eagles shirt.  Support my team while going to another.

Might be where the heads are at of others.  It's where mine was in the day.

12 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

That's definitely how it should be. Either wear a team that's playing or pull a Rob Lowe and wear an NFL shield hat.

One of the best tweets ever

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I once saw a 

35 minutes ago, chakfu said:

I once wore a Cavs jersey and Celtics hat to a Cavs Celtics game.  It wasn't well-received. Hey, they are my 2 favorite teams

At my old job as a teenager I saw a guy wearing a Red Sox coat and Yankees hat at the same time. I wanted to ask him about it, maybe he lost a bet or something, but I was working and it could have ended poorly.

There always seems to be a few LeBron and Curry jerseys at any game that I go to, no matter who the Magic are playing. It bothers me a bit at times, but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter. They’re watching the same game as everyone else in the arena.

ExJworW.png

Every time I've been to a Vikings game in Minnesota (I don't live there, so it's only been a handful) I see someone wearing a Packers jersey.  And I've never been to a Vikings/Packers game, so they're just doing it for some point. My assumption is they're just being tools, but whatever, I didn't give it too much thought.

Minnesotans are so polite, generally speaking. I'm trying to picture some random goofball showing up in Columbus at the horseshoe for, say, an Ohio State/Northwestern game wearing a Michigan jersey. He'd never be heard from again. 

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

One of the best tweets ever

I know that this has become a joke around these parts but if I was a fan of neither team, I'd too, wear something generic like an NFL hat.

I guess he could wear a Colts hat (I think I remember something about him being a Colts fan) but it is the ultimate display of indifference. 

On my one visit to the current Yankee Stadium (Yankees vs. Phillies), I wore my Twins hat.  Not to "wear a Twins hat to a Yankee game" but because it happened to be the hat I brought on the trip.  I was in the bleachers with some very good-nature ribbing between the fans of two teams and someone mentioned the silliness of wearing a different team's shirt.  I took off my hat, stuck it in the air, and said "yeah, that's lame." But it made me a bit self-conscious in that I was kinda being "that guy" by accident.

I think jerseys are kinda looked up as the thing someone wears to make an attempt to look like a "Huge Fan."  So if you wear a Twins jersey to a Yankee/Phillie game, you're trying to make some weird statement.  Twins T-shirt? Plausible accident, but you could have picked a different shirt.  Twins hat?  Probably can cut a guy some slack, as it may be his one and only hat that he wears every day. Or, we could just be less complicated about it and not worry about it.  That said, I would never wear a "third-party" jersey or even t-shirt to a game...it just seems weird. Not sure I'd even do so with a hat anymore...at least not in the same sport.  So I guess I buy in some.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived