Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

Okay, buddy. You must be high if you think a 54-year-old franchise that had a consistent color scheme for 40+ of those 54 years, will add --not only--the color of a hated rival, but the color of a franchise in it's infancy that won a title in the F---ING MLS! THE MLS!!!!!!!! No way.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Okay, buddy. You must be high if you think a 54-year-old franchise that had a consistent color scheme for 40+ of those 54 years, will add --not only--the color of a hated rival, but the color of a franchise in it's infancy that won a title in the F---ING MLS! THE MLS!!!!!!!! No way.

What don't you understand? The uniforms are done. Nobody said they would add gold, just that it would make sense and look good. No one's anticipating anything specific. In Atlanta, the soccer team is a huge success, drawing the most fans in MLS history on multiple occasions, so Blank definitely cares. But it's all discussions, why are you so amped over someones simple idea?

My thoughts ...

1) If gold was added it'd mainly be Blank tying in the franchises he owns. Do I think they will? No. Would I be against it? No.

2) I think the discussion we should have is how close Atlanta is to having all four franchises share the same color scheme of red and black. Would we be up in arms if the Braves went with black and red?

3) I'm curious to know what color the helmet will be. I'm betting black. But, I think red helmet with black home jersey would be the best look. 

4) Praying for nothing too extreme.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Y'all are all smoking crack if you think the falcons are adding gold to the color scheme. 1) The saints are gold. We hate the Saints. 2) ATLUTD has gold accents, so it would look like they're trying to copy little brother. 

It ain't happening. 

1) ATL UTD Would be why. Blank would be marrying the two franchises

42 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Or, I just have an understanding of how Arthur Blank operates and how he'd want to tie his teams together with the same accent color.

21 minutes ago, kimball said:

My thoughts ...

1) If gold was added it'd mainly be Blank tying in the franchises he owns. Do I think they will? No. Would I be against it? No.

2) I think the discussion we should have is how close Atlanta is to having all four franchises share the same color scheme of red and black. Would we be up in arms if the Braves went with black and red?

3) I'm curious to know what color the helmet will be. I'm betting black. But, I think red helmet with black home jersey would be the best look. 

4) Praying for nothing too extreme.

1) exactly. 

2) I wouldn't mind the Braves switching to a black and Red scheme, tbh.

3) I'm hoping for a red one. but you're right in that it's probably black

4) In 2003, the current were considered extreme. Now, they're just meh.

16 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

No love for red/black/white, with no silver?

I got you. This should be the falcons jersey (with a logo somewhere in between the current and old).

spacer.png

Make the road white with red letters, and we’ve got perfection (I’d be okay with red or black pants instead of white).

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Would Blank be dumb enough to add an unnecessary accent color from the other franchise he owns, just because he wants to? I honestly doubt that if fans saw gold on the Falcons uniforms, they would think ATL-UTD(unless you happen to live in Atlanta, GA).

As @L10nheart404 mentioned, we should calm down over simple speculation

2 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Would Blank be dumb enough to add an unnecessary accent color from the other franchise he owns, just because he wants to? I honestly doubt that if fans saw gold on the Falcons uniforms, they would think ATL-UTD(unless you happen to live in Atlanta, GA).

So what if he does?  He's the owner.  If he wants his brands to be cohesive he can.

Do I like that idea in this circumstance, no. We all can have an opinion, but yes Blank can do it if he wants.

13 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Who are the target market, are they not? If they think tying colors in with Atlanta United would be a success for the Falcons, then that's what they'll do. Who cares about the thoughts of people around the rest of the country who aren't buying Falcons merch anyway?

I'd guess gold wouldn't happen, but it makes some amount of sense if it does.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

An NFL team taking cues from an MLS team would be a real turning point, wouldn't it?

Maybe, but I also can't think of any other market besides Atlanta where it would make even a little bit of sense.

56 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

So what if he does?  He's the owner.  If he wants his brands to be cohesive he can.

Do I like that idea in this circumstance, no. We all can have an opinion, but yes Blank can do it if he wants.

So what we really should be expecting is a total switch of color scheme to orange and white to match the Home Depot, right? 

(Sarcasm, just in case that wasn’t clear)

2 hours ago, heavybassX said:

My reason for why I did this for my Falcons look.... was mainly to get away from the uniform that choked a Super Bowl.

yCiDlYcerYxLuEYp6OTPyCdiT1lSZK8ME3qGg5Sr

Sorry sir, but yuck lol... Not going to rag on the concept, but that does absolutely nothing to alleviate the current uniform mess.

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Portland MLB, if it happens?

maybe but the Blazers’ scheme is equally Portland-y, IMO. And it’s hard to say where green and gold came from since it’s also in the Portland flag? Whereas the hypothetical we’re discussing vis a vis Falcons gold has a more clear lineage.

Archived