Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Every time I've been to a Vikings game in Minnesota (I don't live there, so it's only been a handful) I see someone wearing a Packers jersey.  And I've never been to a Vikings/Packers game, so they're just doing it for some point. My assumption is they're just being tools, but whatever, I didn't give it too much thought.

Minnesotans are so polite, generally speaking. I'm trying to picture some random goofball showing up in Columbus at the horseshoe for, say, an Ohio State/Northwestern game wearing a Michigan jersey. He'd never be heard from again. 

I have a strange view of Minnesota/Wisconsin in that I am a fan of each (Minnesota pro; University of Wisconsin).  Minnesota fans have gotten very, very surely over the last decade or so.  I honestly think the firm spot atop the list of losingest (relative to championships) four-team cities is getting to us. I went to a couple of Vikings games last year and don't really remember Packer jerseys or much happening, but I even see it at Twins games with the Brewers are in town...much of the frustration is aimed at Wisconsin because of 1) the Packers and 2) the Badgers.  Anyway, that politeness is kinda going away.

Of course, the Packer fans in the Twin Cities insist on wearing their Packer stuff everywhere (the only thing I'm saying on this tangent that closely relates to your post). Any given trip to the grocery store in the spring is a guaranteed siting of Packer gear (and not a guaranteed siting of Viking gear).  Also, I was on a guys Twins road trip for three years to Wrigley, Philly, and Milwaukee.  Brewer fans were the worst to us.  And it wasn't even close (unlike the 1980s when my dad and I went to Milwaukee every year to see the Twins play outside and everything was good-natured.)

In short, I see the worst in both sides and I think it points to sports fans...at least a loud minority...being insufferable.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean I wore a Jags hat to yankees stadium and Citi Field. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

We will see a variety of different jerseys at Jags games, even the different eras of Jags jerseys a well lol, It's the pitfalls of being a navy town with a mediocre franchise.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I count wearing a team from another sport as neutral. 

For example, on those days I find myself at Wrigley Field for a Cubs game, I typically wear a Blackhawks or Bears cap.

Wearing another teams jersey seems a lot less practical. A cap has the function of keeping the sun out of your eyes, a jersey has less practicality. Unless said team is playing in a playoff game (a lot of Blackhawks sweaters at Sox games when the team is in the playoffs). 

10 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

For example, on those days I find myself at Wrigley Field for a Cubs game, I typically wear a Blackhawks or Bears cap.

Wearing another teams jersey seems a lot less practical. A cap has the function of keeping the sun out of your eyes, a jersey has less practicality. Unless said team is playing in a playoff game (a lot of Blackhawks sweaters at Sox games when the team is in the playoffs). 

Agreed.  If I see a Mariners hat a Timberwolves/Heat game, I don't even give it a second thought. If I see a Lakers hat, I might take note for a second.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I agree 100% on caps. Wear whatever hat you want. I don't notice it.

Jerseys, though, are a different beast. People throw on hats reflexively. Wearing a jersey is a far more intentional action. 

I'm not particularly bothered by any of this -- like i said, wear what you like -- but I'll admit to being curious as to the thought process behind wearing, say, a hockey jersey to a baseball game. That's pretty common here in St. Louis. Is the logic that, being at a sporting event one must wear sporting apparel, no matter if it doesn't match? 

I'm convinced this is the reason baseball teams began producing sports crossover giveaway jerseys: Cardinals hockey jerseys, soccer jerseys etc. 

11 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

So how about wearing a Packer baseball jersey to a game between Toronto and Seattle? It makes me easier to find 🙂
hCfXjxK.jpg

At least it was a Packers baseball jersey and not a football jersey. I don't mind when other people wear jerseys (it's their decision, not mine — though I stopped wearing them in college), but wearing a football jersey at a baseball or basketball game or visa versa is one of my biggest pet peeves. You found a gray area. 

9 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm not particularly bothered by any of this -- like i said, wear what you like -- but I'll admit to being curious as to the thought process behind wearing, say, a hockey jersey to a baseball game. That's pretty common here in St. Louis. Is the logic that, being at a sporting event one must wear sporting apparel, not matter if it doesn't match?

I feel there can be a few factors:

1. Is the team playing that day? If your team is in a playoff game that day, I think it's definitely an fun way to support that club even if you're attending another game. Given that football only plays 16 regular season games, its probably also acceptable to wear a football jersey on a Sunday. 

2. Weather. Hockey sweaters are great to wear on cooler days for outdoor sports. On an extreme hot day, basketball jerseys are popular with the younger crowd. 

On 4/27/2020 at 9:47 AM, OnWis97 said:

I think most of the "no jerseys for adults" crowd supports a team hat, t-shirt, etc. but mocks the idea of the jersey because "you look like you think you play for the team."

I'm all for "wear what you want."  I did sort of drift away from wearing jerseys as I started navigating adulthood, but I tend to wear them to games of my teams.  I don't see anything wrong with that (or wearing them to the grocery store, if that's your thing). Jerseys (more than logos) are the primary reason I'm here.  And I have a couple that I consider to be the best garments I own...No it doesn't mean I'll wear one, instead of a suit, to a funeral, but to wear my Wild jersey to a Wild game? I do that with no shame.

I have a handful of jerseys, be they soccer, basketball, football or hockey.

Without fail, I get the most amount of unsolicited comments about what I'm wearing if it's a hockey jersey.

Also, of all the sports I've attended, hockey (which is WHL in Seattle, so there's a giant asterisk there) has the highest percentage of fans who wear jerseys of teams other than the two playing. A WHL game feels like an AHL/NHL/WHL catalogue far moreso than Mariners or Sounders games (I can't afford Seahawks games).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I have a handful of jerseys, be they soccer, basketball, football or hockey.

Without fail, I get the most amount of unsolicited comments about what I'm wearing if it's a hockey jersey.

Also, of all the sports I've attended, hockey (which is WHL in Seattle, so there's a giant asterisk there) has the highest percentage of fans who wear jerseys of teams other than the two playing. A WHL game feels like an AHL/NHL/WHL catalogue far moreso than Mariners or Sounders games (I can't afford Seahawks games).

That's been my observation as well.  People tend to wear NHL jerseys to college games, Lemiuex/Gretzky/etc. jerseys to Wild/Sharks, games, etc.  Hockey fans either like jerseys more than other fans or maybe they embrace the sport's role as a fringe sport and wear random jerseys to almost be part of a "club."  I enjoy that about hockey games...you'll see on old Nordiques jersey, Whalers, etc., often with quality customizations.  I enjoy that.

POTD (Shared)

Soccer jersey wearing at games is really something else. Probably because, more than other sports, people are supporters of multiple teams -- a handful of club teams in different leagues plus one or two international teams to boot. So I'm guessing fans might own more shirts, in general, and then in America there's also the inferiority complex at work, e.g. "I'm at this MLS game because it's local but I'm really a fan of Liverpool/Barcelona/AC Milan/etc."

Of course a lot of diehards are also bothered by this kind of thing and have the attitude of wearing the jersey of the team at home, or don't wear a jersey.

It's weird because there are just a lot of extra dynamics at play, and that's before even getting into international games and wearing a men's team jersey to a women's team game or vice-versa and all kinds of other things.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

27 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Blows my mind the amount of people that wear Penguins jerseys to Erie Otters OHL games. I could see wearing an "alumni" Conor McDavid, Debrincat or Ryan O'Reilly NHL jersey. But a blank Penguins jersey makes no sense. 

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Every time I've been to a Vikings game in Minnesota (I don't live there, so it's only been a handful) I see someone wearing a Packers jersey.  And I've never been to a Vikings/Packers game, so they're just doing it for some point. My assumption is they're just being tools, but whatever, I didn't give it too much thought.

Minnesotans are so polite, generally speaking. I'm trying to picture some random goofball showing up in Columbus at the horseshoe for, say, an Ohio State/Northwestern game wearing a Michigan jersey. He'd never be heard from again. 

I attended a St. Cloud State-Minnesota hockey game at Mariucci one time, and during all the student chants against St. Cloud, a kid at the top of the student section took off a sweatshirt or something, and was wearing a North Dakota Fighting Sioux t-shirt on underneath. The whole student section turned and yelled "Sioux's a girls name". I thought that was pretty funny that they mocked the kid for wearing a different team shirt. (Especially a bitter rival). But the Minnesotans probably let them live lol.

49 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

2. Weather. Hockey sweaters are great to wear on cooler days for outdoor sports. On an extreme hot day, basketball jerseys are popular with the younger crowd. 

Most of the people I have seen who wear basketball jerseys, except for when they're playing, are often wearing like a long sleeve t-shirt, or a sweatshirt underneath. But I am also from Minnesota, and you'd kinda have to if you wanna wear a jersey from October to April...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

There's absolutely no problem with wearing a jersey to a game. 

I'll silently judge you if you have your own name/number on it but I really don't care. 

I also don't have a problem with wearing jerseys out and about on game day. 

I used to wear jerseys a lot more than I do now. It wasn't a conscious decision on my part though, just evolving fashion. Still, if I saw someone wearing a jersey just out and about? I wouldn't judge them for it. If anything I'd go "oh cool" and move on with my life. 

Of all the things one could get judgemental over? Casting judgements on adults wearing jerseys is silly. 

I Like wearing my bruins sweaters to games where neither of my teams are playing, especially if it’s indoors, or cold weather. Gives me something fairly light to wear and keeps me from worrying about the sweaty fat people around rubbing their nasty sweat on me.

When stores open again, I'm gonna buy a grey sweatshirt and some puff paint, with which I'll write "PRO SPORTS: I'M IN FAVOR OF THEM!" Then I'll wear it to all the sporting events that still exist.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

When stores open again, I'm gonna buy a grey sweatshirt and some puff paint, with which I'll write "PRO SPORTS: I'M IN FAVOR OF THEM!" Then I'll wear it to all the sporting events that still exist.

I'm wearing a fursuit when sporting events with people resume. Let's see how many people judge me when I try to recreate the legendary Carpet Sample suit.

yh1ocq0wiag41.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I'd also suggest wearing a Kero the Wolf-style suit, but furries in the know will probably attack you.

15 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm wearing a fursuit when sporting events with people resume. Let's see how many people judge me when I try to recreate the legendary Carpet Sample suit.

yh1ocq0wiag41.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

In order of how I’d rank these:

1.  Falcons black jersey

2.  Carpet sample jersey

3.  Falcons white jersey

4.  Falcons red gradient jersey

Archived