Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IceCap said:

There's absolutely no problem with wearing a jersey to a game. 

I'll silently judge you if you have your own name/number on it but I really don't care. 

I also don't have a problem with wearing jerseys out and about on game day. 

I used to wear jerseys a lot more than I do now. It wasn't a conscious decision on my part though, just evolving fashion. Still, if I saw someone wearing a jersey just out and about? I wouldn't judge them for it. If anything I'd go "oh cool" and move on with my life. 

Of all the things one could get judgemental over? Casting judgements on adults wearing jerseys is silly. 

This applies, with a more strenuous silent judgement, if the jersey has #69 and is clearly not a jersey representing a player that wore the number (e.g., Jarred Allen).  This often comes with a "pithy" name-on-back.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

13 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

This applies, with a more strenuous silent judgement, if the jersey has #69 and is clearly not a jersey representing a player that wore the number (e.g., Jarred Allen).  This often comes with a "pithy" name-on-back.

I was at a friend's house for his kid's second birthday party. One of the other guys there had a Seahawks jersey on... #69 and the NOB was "MYBAHLZICH". Needless to say, I didn't strike up a conversation with the guy.

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

So how about wearing a Packer baseball jersey to a game between Toronto and Seattle? It makes me easier to find 🙂
hCfXjxK.jpg

Meh.  I live in Wisconsin (not a native) and it’s a different universe here.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see our parish Catholic priest conduct Sunday services in Packer garb.  It’s just how it is here.

7 hours ago, JayMac said:

I know that this has become a joke around these parts but if I was a fan of neither team, I'd too, wear something generic like an NFL hat.

I guess he could wear a Colts hat (I think I remember something about him being a Colts fan) but it is the ultimate display of indifference. 

My eternal super bowl hat, perfect time to wear it.

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I’m definitely gonna give you a side eye if I see you walking around a sports event wearing a polo shirt. Even if it’s a team authentic one. Nobody needs to wear that crap except the coaches and front office staff.

I've always thought getting a team polo/sweatshirt is a good alternative to getting a jersey in case that player leaves. Or if you feel odd about being an adult wearing a jersey (though I don't, personally).

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

2 minutes ago, pluggerplugger1 said:

I've always thought getting a team polo/sweatshirt is a good alternative to getting a jersey in case that player leaves. Or if you feel odd about being an adult wearing a jersey (though I don't, personally).

My go-to has always been jersey or sweatshirt. Rain jackets are good alternatives. Team polos just don’t fit in with fan apparel.

There’s also a certain level of cringe when fans wear non-era-appropriate jerseys.

For example, at a Redskins game, there’s a high level of fans who wear Nike-Era Sean Taylor jerseys. It doesn’t sit right with me personally. Taylor never donned a Nike jersey. Only Reebok. The worst part about it? They aren’t custom. The team sells them.

5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

There’s also a certain level of cringe when fans wear non-era-appropriate jerseys.

For example, at a Redskins game, there’s a high level of fans who wear Nike-Era Sean Taylor jerseys. It doesn’t sit right with me personally. Taylor never donned a Nike jersey. Only Reebok. The worst part about it? They aren’t custom. The team sells them.

For me if, in this instance, if the design is correct, it’s not a big deal. When you see old players in New Jersey’s, that’s more of an issue for me. But, it’s your dollars. 

17 hours ago, the admiral said:

When stores open again, I'm gonna buy a grey sweatshirt and some puff paint, with which I'll write "PRO SPORTS: I'M IN FAVOR OF THEM!" Then I'll wear it to all the sporting events that still exist.

I think the "LOL SPORTSBALL" nerds have had enough wins lately, don't you?

12 hours ago, pluggerplugger1 said:

Sweatshirts are good, but a polo branded with a team logo is dork city. If the argument against jerseys is that they make a grown adult look like they're trying too hard to be a player, then a logo polo is what, makes you look like a trainer? 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Lets not forget there was a time what you wore everyday was what you normally wore to a game.

And before that you wore a suit and tie for pretty much any public gathering, including sporting events.

lnVuARN.jpg

Archived