Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I’m glad the Falcons stuck with a black helmet with this year’s uniform update, but after seeing this photo while scrolling through Instagram today, I’m really hoping the NFL relaxes its helmet rule sooner than later so that we can get his beautiful uniform in its entirety (even if the helmet is matte red instead):

I never understood why more teams dont have sleeve stripes with a logo on top. I think a new saints look would really be solidified with putting the fleur de lis on top of the color rush stripes and possibly choosing one shade of gold. Same goes with the dolphins current throwbacks.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Did you think it was a real photo?

Yes - I thought maybe they wore that before the one-helmet rule.  I didn't think to question it's authenticity.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I never understood why more teams dont have sleeve stripes with a logo on top. I think a new saints look would really be solidified with putting the fleur de lis on top of the color rush stripes and possibly choosing one shade of gold. Same goes with the dolphins current throwbacks.

Generally, I think that a logo on top of a sleeve stripe somehow cheapens the look; doing that makes it look like a retail/for-fans replica jersey. I feel like for a while, the NFL was selling replica shirts/jerseys that were made out of jersey-style material, but only featured a player's name and number (in the appropriate fonts) with the team's logo on the sleeves instead of striping and/or TV numbers. I think that, coupled with the over-designed feel of the Cowboys' blue jersey (which features their star logo over the stripes on the sleeves), has turned me off to the whole idea of combining sleeve stripes and logos.

3 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I created a photo thread on Twitter that breaks down how many tired and failed Nike elements are in these uniforms, for those here who I know are more interested than my Twitter followers lol

I think that the idea on "recycling" elements is a pretty interesting observation and definitely a valid one when looking at the bigger wordmark, number style, and leotard style combos, but I feel like it's a bit of a stretch to claim things like a gradient or a angular forms as reused. That'd be like saying that any team using stripes is copying them from somebody else. 

I also feel like the chrome facemask, while maybe not entirely original, fits really well with the Falcons' shiny chrome stadium and giant titanium bird. That said, it would look infinitely better with a silver pants option to balance it out more. 

spacer.png

"I also feel like the chrome facemask, while maybe not entirely original, fits really well with the Falcons' shiny chrome stadium and giant titanium bird. That said, it would look infinitely better with a silver pants option to balance it out more. "

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

"I also feel like the chrome facemask, while maybe not entirely original, fits really well with the Falcons' shiny chrome stadium and giant titanium bird. That said, it would look infinitely better with a silver pants option to balance it out more. "

Spot on.

My bad, I must have missed that portion 🤦‍♂️

tenor.gif

spacer.png

1 hour ago, henburg said:

I think that the idea on "recycling" elements is a pretty interesting observation and definitely a valid one when looking at the bigger wordmark, number style, and leotard style combos, but I feel like it's a bit of a stretch to claim things like a gradient or a angular forms as reused. That'd be like saying that any team using stripes is copying them from somebody else. 

I also feel like the chrome facemask, while maybe not entirely original, fits really well with the Falcons' shiny chrome stadium and giant titanium bird. That said, it would look infinitely better with a silver pants option to balance it out more. 

I think he's spot on with the recycling elements. Especially the idea of filling space with pointy inserts.

Also the shiny silver facemask was also reused on the Lions and the Titans.

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I created a photo thread on Twitter that breaks down how many tired and failed Nike elements are in these uniforms, for those here who I know are more interested than my Twitter followers lol

Well-said and laid out nicely. I didn't realize how frequently Nike's inserted those triangular stripes into uniforms this past decade.

sport-scarf_vikes_zps08004021.png

It's a nice thread and I see where you're coming from.

I still think it's a nice look though. ATL = A-okay to me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, kutztown said:

I may have missed this at some point, but I just saw the 6 that ATL is using for the first time when they posted a pic of the Dante Fowler jersey, and OMG it's ugggggly.  Looks like a G. 

Probably the worst number... Looks like 4G, 5G...etc

On 5/12/2020 at 10:48 AM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

LMAO. I didn't realize you were Foster.

The Falcons uniforms are now the worst in the league. There's nothing here to praise. Matte helmets not only look like garbage, but they are also passe. The logo is awful and it's oversized just to remind you how bad of a logo it is.

As for the jerseys - the font,"ATL" and striping are crap, crap, crap. The striping on the pants looks terrible and I don't like the socks not having stripes.

How could Nike design such crap and then have the Falcons think that's a good look? It's baffling to me.

The next good re-design that NIke does will be the first. These Falcons uniforms are an atrocity and an embarrassment.

34 minutes ago, Durden said:

The Falcons uniforms are now the worst in the league. There's nothing here to praise. Matte helmets not only look like garbage, but they are also passe. The logo is awful and it's oversized just to remind you how bad of a logo it is.

As for the jerseys - the font,"ATL" and striping are crap, crap, crap. The striping on the pants looks terrible and I don't like the socks not having stripes.

How could Nike design such crap and then have the Falcons think that's a good look? It's baffling to me.

The next good re-design that NIke does will be the first. These Falcons uniforms are an atrocity and an embarrassment.

As bad as the Falcons new uniforms might be, they're still better than the Rams new duds, which got the colors right and not really a whole lot else. 

the Rams couldn't even keep their uniforms consistent from Home to Away. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

2 hours ago, Durden said:

Matte helmets not only look like garbage, but they are also passe.

It isn't matte. It's Satin. Different types of sheen. Won't change your opinion, but the fact remains...it's satin, not matte. For example: DcJlCVsWAAAJ9Hp.jpgone is clearly different than the other... 

Archived