BlazerBlaze

Falcons New Unis 2020

Recommended Posts

I remember getting this NFL Encyclopedia book in the early 80s when I was a kid. I must have read it a hundred times. My favorite part was at the end of each team’s section and reading about the team colors. For years I was confused because they listed old gold as a Falcons team color. Pulling up pics on the internet wasn’t a thing so it was years later when I finally saw it.spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Adidas never outfitted the Jaguars. Wilson, Reebok and Nike have. The Vikings look better because of the quirks, like the sleeve stripes and pant stripes. The Jets would have looked better if the sleeve stripes stopped on the sleeve cap. 

I got the NFL and NBA contracts mixed up. But early reebok is what I meant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

I remember getting this NFL Encyclopedia book in the early 80s when I was a kid. I must have read it a hundred times. My favorite part was at the end of each team’s section and reading about the team colors. For years I was confused because they listed old gold as a Falcons team color. Pulling up pics on the internet wasn’t a thing so it was years later when I finally saw it.spacer.png


I love the simplicity of the old Falcons logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

I got the NFL and NBA contracts mixed up. But early reebok is what I meant.

Well that was a carry over from Nike, Reebok gave us the weird piping jerseys that was different on every player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 11:34 AM, Bucfan56 said:

 

They didn’t have any history of success, either. 

Coach McKay and Doug Williams would disagree with that. Granted, it isn’t like that success was long lived, but it did happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who kind of likes the Falcons current uniforms? They’re not perfect, but they’re also not the ugly monstrosity a lot of people make them out to be. They use some interesting piping designs, but they actually use it well unlike most teams who use piping. They’re EASILY the best of more modern designs put out by Reebok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I generally agree that the Falcons shouldn’t add gold (or add it back), I disagree with the argument that they can’t do it because their division rival Saints use gold. I mean they both already wear black and white.

 

By that logic, the Patriots should have never gone royal blue, since it was a Bills color. Later, the Bills also shouldn’t have added a navy blue, because by then it was an established Patriots color.

 

Wait, OMG, both teams currently use red, white, and blue colors and they are in the same division! Horrors! Three colors in common! How do we ever tell them apart?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

They’re EASILY the best of more modern designs put out by Reebok.

 

Best looking waitress at Denny's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, jws008 said:

While I generally agree that the Falcons shouldn’t add gold (or add it back), I disagree with the argument that they can’t do it because their division rival Saints use gold. I mean they both already wear black and white.

 

By that logic, the Patriots should have never gone royal blue, since it was a Bills color. Later, the Bills also shouldn’t have added a navy blue, because by then it was an established Patriots color.

 

Wait, OMG, both teams currently use red, white, and blue colors and they are in the same division! Horrors! Three colors in common! How do we ever tell them apart?

 

 

 

 

Not only that, but being rivals didn't stop Arthur Blank from accepting Mercedes Benz bid for the stadium naming rights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Best looking waitress at Denny's.

 

I dated a Denny’s waitress for almost a year, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Am I the only one who kind of likes the Falcons current uniforms? 


YES! Yes you are! There is nothing good about them, sir. NOTHING.

 

Piping is dumb, ugly, more dumb, and just really UGLY. Stoopid design. Piping is not...........interesting. EVER.

 

//End Rant...:boogie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

Am I the only one who kind of likes the Falcons current uniforms? 

I’ll agree that they’ve hated on too much, but are they good? I mean not really, they’re definitely not horrible though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brandon Moore likes them, and I don't hate them.. they catch a lot of hate for all the piping, but the sleeves are an interesting modern take that kinda works, and dropping a little piping to clean them up might save the core idea of the look.. the armpit inserts and side piping might be a bit much, but the number font is excellent and the "busy" sleeves aren't even close to the worst design element in the league..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WavePunter said:

Brandon Moore likes them, and I don't hate them.. they catch a lot of hate for all the piping, but the sleeves are an interesting modern take that kinda works, and dropping a little piping to clean them up might save the core idea of the look.. the armpit inserts and side piping might be a bit much, but the number font is excellent and the "busy" sleeves aren't even close to the worst design element in the league..

Sorry - any font where Julio Jones looks like he is wearing the 'pause' button isn't excellent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Sorry - any font where Julio Jones looks like he is wearing the 'pause' button isn't excellent

There is no button shape whatsoever.. a pause symbol maybe, but not a button.. 

if the lack of serifs on the 1, solely for the purpose of improving the #11 is the only issue anyone can find, I’d say it’s not a major problem.. i genuinely like the shape and construction of each digit in the set.. it’s in my top 3 number fonts.. sure, the 1 could be a tiny bit stronger, but it’s a great font 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Best looking waitress at Denny's.

 

9 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

 

I dated a Denny’s waitress for almost a year, so...

Well the Falcons might prefer a Waffle House girl, but might accept a Perkins waitress instead, like Tiger.

9Vz9K37.jpg

 

She, like TW, prefers red. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

There is no button shape whatsoever.. a pause symbol maybe, but not a button.. 

if the lack of serifs on the 1, solely for the purpose of improving the #11 is the only issue anyone can find, I’d say it’s not a major problem.. i genuinely like the shape and construction of each digit in the set.. it’s in my top 3 number fonts.. sure, the 1 could be a tiny bit stronger, but it’s a great font 

It's not the only issue I can find with the uniform. Your claim was that the font was excellent. I am saying that if the 11 looks like a pause symbol (apologies for using the wrong word), the font isn't excellent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RayFinkle said:

Wrong quote, man. I fricking hate the Falcons unis.

Nah the Falcons unis aren’t ugly, their just boring.  If I want to cure my insomnia, I’ll just watch an old Falcons football game with their current set, works all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.