Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Can't wait to see these in action.xmff9kor43751.jpgolbtw4bqxq551.jpg

The helmet is such a massive downgrade. It really brings down the whole set. I'm also not a big fan of the mono-black look. The Falcons desperately need to wear white pants at home. 

10 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Ehh...what can you do at this point? Lol

I'll jump in with my two cents on it.  If you disagree, please try to use adult words and not resort to calling me an idiot and other names again.  These conversations work better when we all at least try to act like grown ups.

Side panels rarely line up, and look stupid when they don't.  Since they usually don't, they just look stupid.

Why do you seem to be personally offended when anyone criticizes these uniforms?  Did you design them personally or something?  

I'm glad you like them.  They were obviously designed for people with your tastes.  But come on - stop fighting every time someone posts a valid criticim.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I still think these look terrible and that they should scrap much of it and focus just on the throwback, which is almost perfect.

But it's amazing how much less I dislike these after seeing what the Rams revealed. #perspective.

Totally off to the side, but man, how did we go from this...

nfl_i_williams12_576.jpg

91f0084a-fe30-498c-b730-e22efc6cd825-020

...to this??? 

16 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Saints to wear black jerseys and gold pants in Week 12 vs. RamsScramble: Look What You Made Us Do | Football Outsiders

I dont even know what to call that shade at this point...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

49 minutes ago, Buc said:

nfl_i_williams12_576.jpg

...to this??? 

It's called khaki. It's normally seen on formal shorts, but rarley seen in the NFL before this.

(I guess they were too light, 'cuz they got rid of em)

1 hour ago, Buc said:

nfl_i_williams12_576.jpg

...to this??? 

The NFL went with a uniform distributor who decided that making fabric colors we had all previously seen with our own eyes is now impossible.

Have we ever done NFNS -- Nike for Nike's sake? Because that's the underpinning of most of their design and textile decisions, it feels like.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Since this thread is getting Saints-jacked ... 

I was on YouTube the other night watching part of a 1977 matchup between the Falcons and the Saints (a pandemic-induced viewing habit) and it was glorious to behold. It was that brief white-facemask period for the Falcons, between the original gray and the switch to black in the mid-80s. But the Saints were really a thing of beauty. They embraced black and white; as the road team in this game, they wore white with black pants.  Their home uniforms back then were black jerseys with white pants. In my opinion, it's the best they ever looked.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

They embraced black and white; as the road team in this game, they wore white with black pants.  Their home uniforms back then were black jerseys with white pants. In my opinion, it's the best they ever looked.

spacer.png

spacer.png

As much as I hate the Saints, this set is flawless.

6 hours ago, Buc said:

nfl_i_williams12_576.jpg

...to this??? 

Nike. The shade problem was probably why the Saints dropped the gold pants. Thanks for monochrome, Nike. Rat bastards. 

13 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Nike. The shade problem was probably why the Saints dropped the gold pants. Thanks for monochrome, Nike. Rat bastards. 

That's not why. Fire emojis from fans on Twitter and players believing the only thing you can wear is monochrome is the reason why.

@BucI mean... seeing your avatar reminds me of another team with the same problem.  When did FSU's pants go from metallic to matte?  2013?  

4 hours ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

I like the Nike Saints uniforms better than the five different shades of gold prior

I thought I liked the color rush because on TV it seems to match better - but now that I image search it's not great either.  Maybe it's just less obvious when it isn't as large of an area as the gold pants.  The Saints website does have a pretty cool timeline of many photos: https://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/history/uniform-history 

And I think it's fitting to talk about the Saints in this thread because they were one of the first (if not THE first?) to do the monochrome leotard look that inspired Atlanta's new look.  I'm not a fan but at least the red side panels break up the monochrome a little.

16 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Why do you seem to be personally offended when anyone criticizes these uniforms?  Did you design them personally or something?  

Where did I get offended? To recap: I post a few photoshopped pics that are obviously to my liking, someone said they hate the stripes and all black home uni, and I say "ehh.. What can you do at this point?" ... That's not a valid post? There's literally nothing anyone can do for at least 5 years lol.. people love to call others offended or salty over the internet. I promise I'm sleeping good, enjoying my lady, and trying to live life despite someone not liking the Falcons uniforms lol. I swear it's not that deep at all.

Not crazy about the black-and-white-heavy Saints set pictured above. I don't like black pants with black socks, especially with gold helmets and white jerseys. It's an odd color distribution to me.

The Saints should build around [what was] their unique shade of dark metallic gold, with helmets, numbers, and pants all in matching gold home and away. HDTV can handle dark gold numbers on white with even just moderately thick black outlines. I'm not breaking new ground here, but I think that's the way to go. It's the San Jose Sharks principle of a conservative design with a signature color.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived