BlazerBlaze

Falcons New Unis 2020

Well, the Saints and Bucs do have one thing the Falcons can't get...

Granted, that was 2002 and 2009. That's ancient history by some standards. 

Apologies for Saints-jacking this thread again, but I’d love to see the Saints adopt the darker, brassier gold of the Color Rush to their helmets.

If I may:

q7cRJjz.jpg

Even better, with gold pants:

wIh3jaU.jpg

This would be a perfect Saints uniform, in my opinion.

Even though New Orleans is my sworn rival, that is a gorgeous look right there. Makes the Falcons' jerseys look even worse in comparison.

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Apologies for Saints-jacking this thread again, but I’d love to see the Saints adopt the darker, brassier gold of the Color Rush to their helmets.

If I may:

q7cRJjz.jpg

Even better, with gold pants:

wIh3jaU.jpg

This would be a perfect Saints uniform, in my opinion.

Just go with a bigger FDL on the helmet, minus an outline or two. That shade of gold is perfect.

8 hours ago, QCS said:

Even though New Orleans is my sworn rival, that is a gorgeous look right there. Makes the Falcons' jerseys look even worse in comparison.

As long as we(Falcons) still wear the fauxback uniforms, that satisfies my need for a traditional uniform.

Needs Stripes™ on the socks, especially the white ones, but absolutely, that looks outstanding.

11 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Clearly an unpopular opinion here, but I much prefer the current shade of gold. 

Which one?  The current uniform has about four.

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Vegas gold

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Vegas gold, but you already knew that. And that same issue plagued uniforms long ago (see the old Saints photos on the previous page) and still continue to plague uniforms today because of the different materials used for helmet, jersey, pants and socks. Some colors and shades just hide it better than others.

Some teams have their best jersey as an alternate. Steelers(CR), Giants(CR), Saints(CR), Falcons (Throwback), Dolphins (Throwback), Broncos(CR)...  I particularly put the Steelers and Giants color rush uniforms in my top 5 of all time, along with the Falcons uniforms, the Warren Moon Oilers, and the navy LT  Chargers uniforms.san-diego-chargers-running-back-ladainiamoon89pf-1_large.jpg?v=1496265847usa_today_10416982.0.jpgusatsi_97639651.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=11063326794.jpg.jpg

41 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If your alternate uniform is your best uniform, then your team is run by idiots.

Wear your best uniform.

While I agree with your overall sentiment that teams should look their best for as many games as possible, I can definitely see the appeal of reserving an alternate for special occasions, even if it may be your “best” uniform.

A perfect example for me would be the Buccaneers, if they brought back the creamsicle uniforms. While it would probably become my favorite of the Bucs’ uniforms, I no longer want them to base the whole set around the creamsicle, the away option wouldn’t work nearly as well as the home, in my opinion. 

Sometimes, reserving those iconic uniforms for only a few games keeps them feeling special. Other times, its best to go all-in on that look that is most iconic (the Chargers being a perfect example, with powder blue.)