Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

14 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Several new photos have been released with the all black uniforms. I wish we’d get another look at the black jersey with white pants.

I'm not entirely sure you'll ever get a look at the black jersey with white pants.  They seem to be really heavily leaning into the all-black, fire, pretend "cutting edge" thing. Considering the all-black is so obviously going to be the main look, they have that nasty gradient thing they'll have to wear at least once, and they have a somewhat popular throwback uniform that checks the black over white box, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they new uniform never shows up on he field in the black over white form.

That number font gets more atrocious every time I see it.  I think it's replaced the Buccaneers' outgoing font as the NFL worst.  

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That number font gets more atrocious every time I see it.  I think it's replaced the Buccaneers' outgoing font as the NFL worst.  

Agreed.. worst part of the new uniform in my opinion.. I know some folks had issues with their previous font, but in my opinion, it was one of the best in the league.. they've quickly plummeted to worst

2 hours ago, WavePunter said:

Agreed.. worst part of the new uniform in my opinion.. I know some folks had issues with their previous font, but in my opinion, it was one of the best in the league.. they've quickly plummeted to worst

There were issues with the previous one - the 'pause button' effect for one - but it's so much better than the complete mess they've gone with here.

Have we talked about how big the front numbers are?  Every combo but the white on white is a clown suit - even the black on white.  I can't even look at the black jersey because it looks like there's some weird effect on the numbers because of how the red and black meet - almost like when you're watching an old 3d movie without the glasses.

The organization should be ashamed about this.  I'm not sure if they're Bucs-level or Browns-level bad, but they're in that discussion - which says a lot.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 6/29/2020 at 9:33 PM, MJD7 said:

Yea, the Brewers and Padres are right there with the Chargers as teams who finally went back to the identities the fans have been clamoring for, for the most part. The Dolphins aren’t as clear-cut of a case for me personally, as if forced to choose I’d probably pick the current set over the throwbacks, showing just how subjective these opinions are. For them, I think a mix between the throwbacks and the modern set would be ideal.

The Dolphins are tricky because there’s little to no compatibility between their current look and their throwback. Like, can you imagine if they took colors and striping patterns from the throwbacks, but kept the current logo and team fonts? It would be a trainwreck!

I would be totally cool if they just kept the current designs and fonts, but gave their logo his helmet and face back, but in a more contemporary style. That would be a great compromise I think. 

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Have we talked about how big the front numbers are? 

We did! They are, in fact, normal size (~10 inches) and anyone who thinks they are larger than normal is imagining it. 😂

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Just now, andrewharrington said:

We did! They are, in fact, normal size (~10 inches) and anyone who thinks they are larger than normal is imagining it. 😂

It must be an illusion created by how far pushed down they are thanks to the oversized ATL, and the "squareness" of the font.  

I hate it when the numbers go across the belly like how a lot of today's uniforms are.  I'm not much of a "back in my day" kinda guy, but back in my day, the front number didn't go down too much further than the chest pad.  With these ever-growing chest wordmarks, it's almost like the back of the jersey is now the front.

e31c80d1ffc848158b6a88d4f50af592_front.j

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The Dolphins are tricky because there’s little to no compatibility between their current look and their throwback. Like, can you imagine if they took colors and striping patterns from the throwbacks, but kept the current logo and team fonts? It would be a trainwreck!

I would be totally cool if they just kept the current designs and fonts, but gave their logo his helmet and face back, but in a more contemporary style. That would be a great compromise I think. 

Yea, I don’t think simply combining the stripes of the throwbacks with the current logo is the answer. However, I think a simplified stripe design would work well to replace the repetitive logo on the primary sleeve. I think @BrandMooreArt had a perfect stripe pattern for the Dolphins in one of his concepts:

Bi9G5Wi.jpg

A simplified, modern take on a tradition-inspired design. This is more of the direction the Falcons should have gone in, in my opinion.

5 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I like the teal jerseys with just the simple orange trim. I prefer the throwback Dolphin logo with the "M" helmet. The current logo is elegantly well done. But with the nostalgia of classic logos being such a huge thing in sports nowadays, I wouldn't mind them joining the club and use an updated version of the 1997-2012 logo, drawn in the same style as current logo that invokes the Miami Beach area. The M Helmet Dolphin was around for 46 years. Agreed.

11 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Yea, I don’t think simply combining the stripes of the throwbacks with the current logo is the answer. However, I think a simplified stripe design would work well to replace the repetitive logo on the primary sleeve. I think @BrandMooreArt had a perfect stripe pattern for the Dolphins in one of his concepts:

Bi9G5Wi.jpg

A simplified, modern take on a tradition-inspired design. This is more of the direction the Falcons should have gone in, in my opinion.

Good uniform. I could do without the whale tail on the helmet. :)

My opinion of the Falcons uniform has completely flipped since I freaked out over the unveil. The gradient jersey, which will likely not look good in action, kind of slurped up all the attention and dragged down the unveil. It also didn't help that a bunch of staffers shaped like second basemen had to model them because of operational bumps from the pandemic. 

Now that I've seen the players sporting the primary uniform, I can't get enough of them. They definitely achieved what they needed to -- unify the brand (the old Reebok numbers were so generic and did not tie into the logo or wordmarks, and I love that they updated the wordmarks and leaned back into the ATL mark) and build out something modern that is complementary to Mercedes Benz Stadium (when I think of the Benz, I think of silver...and a lot of it). 

4 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

My opinion of the Falcons uniform has completely flipped since I freaked out over the unveil. The gradient jersey, which will likely not look good in action, kind of slurped up all the attention and dragged down the unveil. It also didn't help that a bunch of staffers shaped like second basemen had to model them because of operational bumps from the pandemic. 

Now that I've seen the players sporting the primary uniform, I can't get enough of them. They definitely achieved what they needed to -- unify the brand (the old Reebok numbers were so generic and did not tie into the logo or wordmarks, and I love that they updated the wordmarks and leaned back into the ATL mark) and build out something modern that is complementary to Mercedes Benz Stadium (when I think of the Benz, I think of silver...and a lot of it). 

The football in that picture hides the biggest flaw of that uniform. So, in that picture, it almost looks like a passable uniform.

2 hours ago, JayMac said:

The football in that picture hides the biggest flaw of that uniform. So, in that picture, it almost looks like a passable uniform.

It does and it doesn't. The numbers are still down by his balls in that photo. You can see a big swoosh of the jersey side stripe, but barely any of the pant.

And monochrome. And the shading on the shoulder numbers - egads they look like they might be upside down.

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

We saw Matt Ryan in the new uniforms at unveil and he looked like a huge dork.

On 8/14/2020 at 11:11 AM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Yeah, more silver would be nice.  As in silver pants.  And burn these black ones.

And shrink the ATL.

And fix that number font.

Archived