Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

9 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

Wait guys that’s every feature of this new uniform...🤔

Well, the helmet's not absolutely horrible. I mean, sure, oversized helmet logos are silly and will look outdated by next week, but the new facemask works (assuming it's more metallic silver and less chrome silver).  The problem is that mask, plus the silver outline on the logo just make the rest of the uniform's lack of silver (ok, Nike, dull gray) more glaring. They needed to drop the silver from the helmet, or (better solution!) Add it to the rest of the set. Specifically the pants. And get rid of the black and red ones.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would definitely say the new set has grown on me a bit. It's still has a bunch of dumb stuff, but at the very least all the gimmicky elements are consistent and compliment each other well. The monochrome is awful but the B/B/W and B/W/B combos look okay. Still bottom 6 or 7 in the league, but not the disaster it was to me when it was unveiled. I think the Rams new set made the Falcons look miles better just by sheer comparison.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

On 8/15/2020 at 7:11 AM, SCL said:

The IATA code on an NFL uniform might be the most rediculous element in the entire league.

But cool, “hip” people in Atlanta called it “ATL” in the mid-00s so it must still be cool and dope, my fellow kids. (Insert fire emoji) 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

10 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

But cool, “hip” people in Atlanta called it “ATL” in the mid-00s so it must still be cool and dope, my fellow kids. (Insert fire emoji) 

Nah, I've heard it called ATL my entire life, it's a more than acceptable alternative for "Atlanta". 

It's not like it says "The A" or "Hotlanta"

spacer.png

On 8/16/2020 at 10:24 AM, TenaciousG said:

Kinfolk...

atliens.jpg?w=953

...and that was released in 1996. "ATL" was a common colloquialism well before even then'zLord knows I heard it all the time growing up in the 80s and 90s.

Now, to be clear, I've no issue with them using "ATL" on their jerseys...but making them the bastard kin of Ohio State's TV numbers from the same aforementioned early-to-mid 90s is something else. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Another problem I have with "ATL" is that it only saves four letters and it's in an area where there's plenty of room for the whole name.  There's no reason to abbreviate anything there.  Now if they wanted to work it into a patch or into a small space in a logo or on a sleeve, then ATL would make sense.  As it stands, it's dumbbbbbbbb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Another problem I have with "ATL" is that it only saves four letters and it's in an area where there's plenty of room for the whole name.  There's no reason to abbreviate anything there.  Now if they wanted to work it into a patch or into a small space in a logo or on a sleeve, then ATL would make sense.  As it stands, it's dumbbbbbbbb.

You mean DMB

It's where I sit.

• 5 weeks later...

These jerseys looked very meh against Seattle. They weren't the worst things ever, but they already look very outdated, like they would've been uniforms 15-20 years ago. 

Maybe unpopular opinion, I really think Atlanta should've based their rebrand around their old Color Rush look. Brighten the red, keep red as the primary jersey color, make a black alternate that mirrors the design of the red, and have the array of black/red/white pants. These uniforms looked really good in real-time, and I bet they'd look better with some better accents so it's not just cherry red. Would've been a good idea to build off of regardless. 

spacer.png

55 minutes ago, ~Bear said:

These jerseys looked very meh against Seattle. They weren't the worst things ever, but they already look very outdated, like they would've been uniforms 15-20 years ago. 

Maybe unpopular opinion, I really think Atlanta should've based their rebrand around their old Color Rush look. Brighten the red, keep red as the primary jersey color, make a black alternate that mirrors the design of the red, and have the array of black/red/white pants. These uniforms looked really good in real-time, and I bet they'd look better with some better accents so it's not just cherry red. Would've been a good idea to build off of regardless. 

spacer.png

I think this way too. Even if you didn’t want the all red look, you could use the throwback socks and wouldn’t skip a beat.

As far as the “ATL” discussion, it’s probably better than referring to it as “A-Town” which is a popular alternative.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

I think this way too. Even if you didn’t want the all red look, you could use the throwback socks and wouldn’t skip a beat.

As far as the “ATL” discussion, it’s probably better than referring to it as “A-Town” which is a popular alternative.

Popular to who?

I'm going to be honest, I've been so confused by the ATL discussion. I've heard that abbreviation pretty commonly, especially in music, and I'm not from anywhere near there. I didn't realize this was something that was even up for debate. I don't know if it belongs on a football jersey, but it's absolutely a valid nickname for the city. 

As for the new uniforms, they're just not good at all. The Falcons have great colors and so many different ways they can look good, and yet we're on year 18 now of them messing it up. I don't care if red or black is the primary color, I don't care if they use silver or not, they can look good regardless of the answers to those questions and yet they refuse to. It's infuriating. 

37 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I'm suprised the Falcons didn't add a Titans-like red (swoop?) on the helmet. 

But falcons can’t possibly hold a sword much less use them (not sure if Titans did either, I figured they used more forces of nature like lightning bolts and tidal waves, but that’s for a different debate)

Archived