Jump to content

Falcons New Unis 2020


BlazerBlaze

Recommended Posts

I have to admit it, I’ve gone from despising the Falcons uniforms to actually kind of liking them, at least the home jersey. Since the side stripe is so thin, it doesn’t appear to not line up as much as I would have expected, and the huge “ATL” isn’t as noticeable because it’s red. White pants would be nice to see with the home jersey. 
 

As long as they don’t go monochrome white on the road (which they probably will), the road set wouldn’t be bad at all either. Black pants or socks would really do wonders with that jersey.  
 

We’ll see how the gradient jersey actually turns out, though I’m not optimistic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After watching that game today, I can confidently state that I hate the Falcons uniforms even more than I did originally upon release. 
 

The number font with the lateral shadow is just awful. Flat out horrendous. The font is terrible AND the shadowing too. Pick a struggle Atlanta. The font would look better with a solid outline or the shadow would look better with a more traditional number font, but not with both. I still dislike the ATL on the uniform but it’s not as bad in action. However, the chrome facemask (which I originally really liked) just looks out of place on this set. Black facemasks would work far better. 
 

The only way this set would be redeemable would be if they wore their white pants with their black jerseys and refused to go all-black monochrome. The black/white/black combo is visually appealing despite the atrocious numbers and word mark. We haven’t seen the all-white combo or white jersey/black pants yet, but they’ll both look better than all-black. 
 

And incredibly the black monochrome isn’t even the worse set they’ll wear this season owing to that red gradient monstrosity has that yet to be worn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 4:46 AM, Rockstar Matt said:

After watching that game today, I can confidently state that I hate the Falcons uniforms even more than I did originally upon release. 
 

The number font with the lateral shadow is just awful. Flat out horrendous. The font is terrible AND the shadowing too. Pick a struggle Atlanta. The font would look better with a solid outline or the shadow would look better with a more traditional number font, but not with both. I still dislike the ATL on the uniform but it’s not as bad in action. However, the chrome facemask (which I originally really liked) just looks out of place on this set. Black facemasks would work far better. 
 

The only way this set would be redeemable would be if they wore their white pants with their black jerseys and refused to go all-black monochrome. The black/white/black combo is visually appealing despite the atrocious numbers and word mark. We haven’t seen the all-white combo or white jersey/black pants yet, but they’ll both look better than all-black. 
 

And incredibly the black monochrome isn’t even the worse set they’ll wear this season owing to that red gradient monstrosity has that yet to be worn.

 

I hate them worse seeing them in action, too.  They are incredibly BORING.  They look cheap like a high school or even middle school should wear.  God Awful.  And the whole mono-thing blows.  They have great potential with their color palette; UGA's new looks for 2020 run circles around this clown-car.

 

As bad as the Rams are...and they've destroyed their uniforms...at least they tried to look slick but failed.  I have no freaking idea what the Fal-can'ts had in mind when they went with this vomitous eyesore.  Maybe they wanted the uniforms to looks as bad as they play this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 5:26 PM, ~Bear said:

These jerseys looked very meh against Seattle. They weren't the worst things ever, but they already look very outdated, like they would've been uniforms 15-20 years ago. 

 

Maybe unpopular opinion, I really think Atlanta should've based their rebrand around their old Color Rush look. Brighten the red, keep red as the primary jersey color, make a black alternate that mirrors the design of the red, and have the array of black/red/white pants. These uniforms looked really good in real-time, and I bet they'd look better with some better accents so it's not just cherry red. Would've been a good idea to build off of regardless. 

spacer.png

Still not great, however, this would be a much better look than the current uniforms, which are the worst in the league. Without question the worst uniforms in the NFL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really didnt like the falcons uniforms when they were unveiled. However, that opinion hasn't changed. There are bright spots, Im okay with them embracing the black, but the Saints and Panthers are also very focused on wearing black, which kinda ruins that. The satin/matte helmet looks good, it matches the jersey well. But there needs to be more red, they were literally wearing red&white at home every week for the last few years, the seats in the stadium are red! They just look like a team from D-2 not an NFL franchise. I am a massive advocate of custom number fonts, but what they have right now is brutal. The chrome facemask is bad. I think there are ways to fix this current set, and keep the same general ideas. I just don't have what that looks like completely nailed just yet.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

I really didnt like the falcons uniforms when they were unveiled. However, that opinion hasn't changed. There are bright spots, Im okay with them embracing the black, but the Saints and Panthers are also very focused on wearing black, which kinda ruins that. The satin/matte helmet looks good, it matches the jersey well. But there needs to be more red, they were literally wearing red&white at home every week for the last few years, the seats in the stadium are red! They just look like a team from D-2 not an NFL franchise. I am a massive advocate of custom number fonts, but what they have right now is brutal. The chrome facemask is bad. I think there are ways to fix this current set, and keep the same general ideas. I just don't have what that looks like completely nailed just yet.

 

 

I hated the uniforms when they were unveiled and I hate them even more seeing them in games. Unlike you, I strongly dislike the satin/matte helmet they use. The logo is a mess and they need to return to the previous logo. I hate the number fonts, the "ATL" script, the striping, the gradient look, the monochromatic uniforms. What a mess. Nike came up with a dreadful design from top to bottom and the owner approved such an eyesore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Durden said:

 

I hated the uniforms when they were unveiled and I hate them even more seeing them in games. Unlike you, I strongly dislike the satin/matte helmet they use. The logo is a mess and they need to return to the previous logo. I hate the number fonts, the "ATL" script, the striping, the gradient look, the monochromatic uniforms. What a mess. Nike came up with a dreadful design from top to bottom and the owner approved such an eyesore.

 

Satin or matte black were cool for a minute or two just because they were different but as evidenced by the jags regaining their senses, a gloss black shell is the hands down superior look.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2020 at 10:56 AM, flyersfan said:

I really didnt like the falcons uniforms when they were unveiled. However, that opinion hasn't changed. There are bright spots, Im okay with them embracing the black, but the Saints and Panthers are also very focused on wearing black, which kinda ruins that. The satin/matte helmet looks good, it matches the jersey well. But there needs to be more red, they were literally wearing red&white at home every week for the last few years, the seats in the stadium are red! They just look like a team from D-2 not an NFL franchise. I am a massive advocate of custom number fonts, but what they have right now is brutal. The chrome facemask is bad. I think there are ways to fix this current set, and keep the same general ideas. I just don't have what that looks like completely nailed just yet.

 

There aren't any D2 looks that bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2020 at 2:59 PM, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

I think the Falcons' facemasks would work well with more Silver — particularly, as a base color for a pair of pants again — utilized throughout their uniforms.

Agreed. Coordinating their colors, rather than going for big blocks of black or white, would go a long way, and silver pants could help with that tremendously. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.