Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

Just listened to an interview with the Falcons chief of marketing. She was vague ,but a few subtle details she shared were notable... She was directly asked if gold would be a new color, and only said the colors will be true to the soul of ATL/Falcons. Gold was in the original color scheme, so it's hard to get a read on that.

*1) This will be a significant redesign(Her words)

*2) The helmet and logo seems to be modified at the very least, possibly an all new logo

*3) There will be different pants options (black,white, Silver?)

*4) They searched the message boards and forums to get clues from fans, as far back as 2010, and had a team member designing with Nike. 

*5) There's simplicity, and she mentioned not wanting to overdo it. They know fans don't want overly flashy or outlandish, but there's also new elements that are unique to the Falcons.

*6) They keep mentioning it being "True to Atlanta"... And being a reflection of the unity of the city.

No definite clues or details were given. She could only give a vague idea to answer the questions. But these were the most notable details of the interview.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

Just listened to an interview with the Falcons chief of marketing. She was vague ,but a few subtle details she shared were notable... She was directly asked if gold would be a new color, and only said the colors will be true to the soul of ATL/Falcons. Gold was in the original color scheme, so it's hard to get a read on that.

*1) This will be a significant redesign(Her words)

*2) The helmet and logo seems to be modified at the very least, possibly an all new logo

*3) There will be different pants options (black,white, Silver?)

*4) They searched the message boards and forums to get clues from fans, as far back as 2010, and had a team member designing with Nike. 

*5) There's simplicity, and she mentioned not wanting to overdo it. But, there's also new elements that are unique to the Falcons.

*6) They keep mentioning it being "True to Atlanta"... And being a reflection of the unity of the city.

No clues were really given, no definite yes/no... So that's all we have to go off of for now.

* Hmmm.  You could have linked it.

8 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

I would have If I knew how. It was on "92.9 the game" ...But why listen to 7 minutes of a 35 min interview, when I could just tell you what she said? Seemed simpler.

It didn't take long for you to copy/paste. 

You're welcome.

I'm intrigued here. The Falcons have one of 3 directions they can go back to: 

1. Moderninzing the inaugural set of jerseys, which would be nice, but I always felt it was disjointed 

2. A new take on the 90's "Dirty Bird" set. Easily the most popular look by fans and one I could see coming out really nice, but.... the current fauxbacks are mostly based on this look, just without silver.... and like most, I don't see them taking such an easy route. 

3. What I want to see: A take on the '79 to '89 set..... rather than owning black, they embrace red & proudly so. 

buddy_curry_1981_11_01.jpg?w=545&h=328
1978.jpg

Look how pretty and distinct these guys are. It's a underrated look and one that stands out. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

4 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

1. Moderninzing the inaugural set of jerseys, which would be nice, but I always felt it was disjointed 

2. A new take on the 90's "Dirty Bird" set. Easily the most popular look by fans and one I could see coming out really nice, but.... the current fauxbacks are mostly based on this look, just without silver.... and like most, I don't see them taking such an easy route. 

3. What I want to see: A take on the '79 to '89 set..... rather than owning black, they embrace red & proudly so. 

1978.jpg

Look how pretty and distinct these guys are. It's a underrated look and one that stands out. 

It’d look better if the numbers and pants were white.

White stripes and a white facemask look odd with a jersey and pants that has little-to-no white. 

The helmet is cool, and Georgia knew that, too, in the late 90s. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Again, like I’ve posted before, the Falcons have a perfect set to base the new uniforms off of:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Throw in a white jersey with red numbers, and maybe black pants WITH stripes, you’ve got a timeless set that could rival the Vikings as being the best Nike rebrand.

Half this thread is people posting pics of  various old Falcon uniforms and saying "all they need to do is this"... including me, I think the red helmet/black jersey throwback is one of the best football uniforms ever.  However, it seems obvious at this point, there won't be any remake of old looks. This will probably reference one of the older uniforms, but I'm guessing it won't exactly look like any of them.

31 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

A red jersey with red pants and socks is not perfect in any way, shape, or form.  Yuck. 

You do realize jerseys, pants, and socks are interchangeable, right? Never said I liked the combination. Just saying it’s a good jumping off point.

5 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

1978.jpg

the-georgia-bulldogs-offense-huddles-dur

georgia-bulldogs-quarterback-jake-fromm-

Distinct?

13 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

You do realize jerseys, pants, and socks are interchangeable, right? Never said I liked the combination. Just saying it’s a good jumping off point.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Again, like I’ve posted before, the Falcons have a perfect set to base the new uniforms off of:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Throw in a white jersey with red numbers, and maybe black pants WITH stripes, you’ve got a timeless set that could rival the Vikings as being the best Nike rebrand.

You literally said “maybe” black pants, which certainly DID imply red jersey with red pants.  Black socks would not fix that Heinz Ketchup mess of a look.  Unless you were suggesting the white pants with the red jersey.

The Vikings went with purple helmets, purple jersey, purple pants, and purple socks two weeks ago.  I don’t know who on earth looks at clown suits like that and thinks, “Yea, that looks sick!” 

11 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

You literally said “maybe” black pants, which certainly DID imply red jersey with red pants.  Black socks would not fix that Heinz Ketchup mess of a look.  Unless you were suggesting the white pants with the red jersey.

The Vikings went with purple helmets, purple jersey, purple pants, and purple socks two weeks ago.  I don’t know who on earth looks at clown suits like that and thinks, “Yea, that looks sick!” 

That’s exactly what I was suggesting. The only team in the league that I truly believe can pull of the monochrome look and actually look good is Seattle. 

As far as pairing different socks with the red jersey and pants, I offered this alternate look during my failed “weekly fixes” thread. It’s by no means perfect, but it at least offered a break in the bottle:

spacer.png

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It’d look better if the numbers and pants were white.

White stripes and a white facemask look odd with a jersey and pants that has little-to-no white. 

The helmet is cool, and Georgia knew that, too, in the late 90s. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

da0Lbhs.png

26 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's my favorite look, honestly.  Would probably look better if the sleeve stripes weren't split...but still, it's really nice. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived