BlazerBlaze

Falcons New Unis 2020

On 10/25/2020 at 4:21 PM, ManillaToad said:

:lol: and they also forgot the "28-3" patch on the front of the jersey that the Rams have

This isn’t saying very much, but the gradients are the best set they have. 

15 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

This isn’t saying very much, but the gradients are the best set they have. 

Not true, they have a throwback uniform

4 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Not true, they have a throwback uniform

True, the throwbacks are great. Let me clarify, the gradients are the best part of their current primary look. I know it’s in the regular rotation for them, but I kinda stash throwbacks in a separate category. 

I like it better than the all-white, but man, the Falcons really picked the worst possible time to bring out the black pants on the road, matched up against the Panthers wearing all-black. The black socks don’t help either. 

I’ve given up on the Falcons wearing the right combo on the road. Here’s to hoping they try the white pants with the regular home jersey at least once, but I can’t say I’m optimistic.

I thought the Falcons looked good tonight. They could’ve used white socks, but aside from that this is the best use of their new set.

Hopefully the next time they wear the black jersey they wear white pants, and black socks. These should be their default home and away sets.

I thought they still looked like garbage because of the black socks. For whatever reason, that pants design, white or black, looks particularly bad to me with the full matching color socks. My personal preference would be for a road uniform of white jerseys and pants with black socks. (I don't know why, but I really can't think of a use of black pants in football that works for me.) My home preference would be black jersey, white pants, black socks.

Regardless of what I or anyone else prefers, I think it's obvious that the Falcons intend on wearing the same color socks with whatever pants they wear (excluding throwbacks) all season long. That seems to be an intended and defining feature of this new uniform. I'd be willing bet a decent amount of money that we won't see the new uniforms in any iteration that doesn't include the matching socks, period. The fruitless weekly posts saying "if they,d just contrast the socks" will continue I'm sure, but will be pointless.

Somehow I dislike the black pants with the white jersey even more than the all white uniform.

Side panels never line up properly, but it's even worse now when every player has a long tshirt hanging out under their jersey. That's the worst new trend in sports. Tuck your shirts in!

Red socks would've looked decent with last night's set as well.

Even with black socks, white over black is much better than white over white IMO. It's a shame that they finally brought it out on the worst possible week, though.

8 hours ago, Sport said:

Somehow I dislike the black pants with the white jersey even more than the all white uniform.

Side panels never line up properly, but it's even worse now when every player has a long tshirt hanging out under their jersey. That's the worst new trend in sports. Tuck your shirts in!

I don't care what color any of it its... these uniforms are brutal. Between them and the Rams, somehow they made me not dislike the Cardinals and Broncos as much.

13 hours ago, Sport said:

it's even worse now when every player has a long tshirt hanging out under their jersey. That's the worst new trend in sports. Tuck your shirts in!

They really do look like complete morons.  I'm glad someone finally pointed that out

On 10/30/2020 at 8:23 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

I thought they still looked like garbage because of the black socks. For whatever reason, that pants design, white or black, looks particularly bad to me with the full matching color socks. My personal preference would be for a road uniform of white jerseys and pants with black socks. (I don't know why, but I really can't think of a use of black pants in football that works for me.) My home preference would be black jersey, white pants, black socks.

Regardless of what I or anyone else prefers, I think it's obvious that the Falcons intend on wearing the same color socks with whatever pants they wear (excluding throwbacks) all season long. That seems to be an intended and defining feature of this new uniform. I'd be willing bet a decent amount of money that we won't see the new uniforms in any iteration that doesn't include the matching socks, period. The fruitless weekly posts saying "if they,d just contrast the socks" will continue I'm sure, but will be pointless.

Why are contrasting socks seemingly so unpopular right now? I genuinely don’t understand that. 

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Why are contrasting socks seemingly so unpopular right now? I genuinely don’t understand that. 

Because, they looks like they’re wearing yoga pants while they wearing same colour for the socks and pants. Also, the contrasting socks made the uniforms feeling a unbalanced colour scheme. (Ex. Falcons’ too much black and small bits of red and white.) If they want wearing monochrome, they should wear different colour socks to balance the colour scheme. And it’s looks better.

I think that’s why the contrasting socks are unpopular.

Edited by Eastport76
Grammar correction

42 minutes ago, Eastport76 said:

Because, they looks like they’re wearing yoga pants while they wearing same colour for the socks and pants. Also, the contrasting socks made the uniforms feeling a unbalanced colour scheme. (Ex. Falcons’ too much black and small bits of red and white.) If they want wearing monochrome, they should wear different colour socks to balance the colour scheme. And it’s looks better.

By contrasting, I mean the socks and pants are different colors. It’s what I prefer and what you prefer and what most people here prefer but it’s been happening less and less in practice. I don’t understand that. I don’t get why they want to look like they’re wearing yoga pants. 

On 10/30/2020 at 5:29 PM, PlayGloria said:

I don't care what color any of it its... these uniforms are brutal. Between them and the Rams, somehow they made me not dislike the Cardinals and Broncos as much.

I’d take the Falcons’ current look over Arizona’s any day of the week. Wish they’d burn the white socks though. In fact, I wish the NFL would outlaw plain white socks. 

13 hours ago, Eastport76 said:

I don’t think you know what contrasting means

On 10/30/2020 at 12:41 AM, JLJ said:

I thought the Falcons looked good tonight. They could’ve used white socks, but aside from that this is the best use of their new set.

Hopefully the next time they wear the black jersey they wear white pants, and black socks. These should be their default home and away sets.

On 10/30/2020 at 8:23 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

For whatever reason, that pants design, white or black, looks particularly bad to me with the full matching color socks. My personal preference would be for a road uniform of white jerseys and pants with black socks. My home preference would be black jersey, white pants, black socks.

Regardless of what I or anyone else prefers, I think it's obvious that the Falcons intend on wearing the same color socks with whatever pants they wear (excluding throwbacks) all season long. That seems to be an intended and defining feature of this new uniform. I'd be willing bet a decent amount of money that we won't see the new uniforms in any iteration that doesn't include the matching socks, period. The fruitless weekly posts saying "if they’d just contrast the socks" will continue I'm sure, but will be pointless.

On 10/30/2020 at 11:36 AM, Magic Dynasty said:

Even with black socks, white over black is much better than white over white IMO. It's a shame that they finally brought it out on the worst possible week, though.

I agree with all of this. I like white over black in principle, but it could really use white socks, which I doubt they’ll ever do. Similarly, the white over white look would significantly improve with black socks. But it seems like they’re set on using neither of those looks, as neither of those combos were part of the initial reveal.