Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

28 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

That's my favorite look, honestly.  Would probably look better if the sleeve stripes weren't split...but still, it's really nice. 

Agree.  Get rid of the silver pants and go with this.  Black alternate jersey too.  Done.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I'm intrigued here. The Falcons have one of 3 directions they can go back to: 

1. Moderninzing the inaugural set of jerseys, which would be nice, but I always felt it was disjointed 

2. A new take on the 90's "Dirty Bird" set. Easily the most popular look by fans and one I could see coming out really nice, but.... the current fauxbacks are mostly based on this look, just without silver.... and like most, I don't see them taking such an easy route. 

3. What I want to see: A take on the '79 to '89 set..... rather than owning black, they embrace red & proudly so. 

buddy_curry_1981_11_01.jpg?w=545&h=328
1978.jpg

Look how pretty and distinct these guys are. It's a underrated look and one that stands out. 

Georgia does it better imo. Stick with the black helmets and black primaries. A good red alt would look really nice. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

That’s exactly what I was suggesting. The only team in the league that I truly believe can pull of the monochrome look and actually look good is Seattle. 

As far as pairing different socks with the red jersey and pants, I offered this alternate look during my failed “weekly fixes” thread. It’s by no means perfect, but it at least offered a break in the bottle:

spacer.png

And it looks awful like most of your “fixes” in that threado

On 1/14/2020 at 6:34 PM, simtek34 said:

EDIT: Also, Cardinals and Bengals, please send in your Uniform Change forms before the 2021 window closes for all our sake. We might finally kill off the Reebok Piping era!

Bengals fan here, and I sincerely hope they fix the uniforms before they go to and/or win a Super Bowl.  (Okay, stop snickering.  I mean, in the off chance that they were to go to and/or win a Super Bowl, as remote as that chance seems right now.)  If they ever actually win something in the costumes, I'm afraid we'd be stuck with them several more years.  Come to think of it, we may be anyway.  :( 

On 1/19/2020 at 4:27 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

I'm intrigued here. The Falcons have one of 3 directions they can go back to: 

1. Moderninzing the inaugural set of jerseys, which would be nice, but I always felt it was disjointed 

2. A new take on the 90's "Dirty Bird" set. Easily the most popular look by fans and one I could see coming out really nice, but.... the current fauxbacks are mostly based on this look, just without silver.... and like most, I don't see them taking such an easy route. 

3. What I want to see: A take on the '79 to '89 set..... rather than owning black, they embrace red & proudly so. 

1978.jpg

Look how pretty and distinct these guys are. It's a underrated look and one that stands out. 

I've always been partial to the Dirty Birds look (particularly the white jersey with red numbers), but this does look really nice.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 1/19/2020 at 2:27 AM, KittSmith_95 said:

On 1/19/2020 at 7:53 AM, Volt said:

georgia-bulldogs-quarterback-jake-fromm-

Looking through the pictures in this thread, it really solidifies my positioning that silver isn't a substitute for white/can't be used as white. I think silver is enough of a colour on its own that it looks out of place unless the team has silver as one of its colours. I've always thought Georgia looks weird and disjointed with the silver pants and then no silver anywhere else.

Teams can get away with the white pants and/or white helmet because white is a blank and a neutral colour that all teams use, but I don't think silver works in that way.

(I also think the Carolina Panthers also fall victim to this a bit too and I would like to see what they would look like dropping all silver).

IbjBaeE.png

53 minutes ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

Trying to understand wtf 71 on the falcons is doing

Is it targeting if you're on the same team?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

5 hours ago, colortv said:

Falcons need a new logo...that thing looks bush league in this day and age.

I'm almost sure there will at least be a tweak or two for the logo. The helmet seems to be different, judging by the comments of people closely in touch with the new uniforms. So we'll see what they came up with. 

7 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Looking through the pictures in this thread, it really solidifies my positioning that silver isn't a substitute for white/can't be used as white. I think silver is enough of a colour on its own that it looks out of place unless the team has silver as one of its colours. I've always thought Georgia looks weird and disjointed with the silver pants and then no silver anywhere else.

Teams can get away with the white pants and/or white helmet because white is a blank and a neutral colour that all teams use, but I don't think silver works in that way.

(I also think the Carolina Panthers also fall victim to this a bit too and I would like to see what they would look like dropping all silver).

The Panthers have silver helmets and silver in their striping.. they don't fit into this category at all..

8 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

The Panthers have silver helmets and silver in their striping.. they don't fit into this category at all..

Helmets are an extension of my original point too, though I should have specified that in my post.

They have the little silver striping and that's it though, it's also not on their white set anywhere. That's why I said Carolina is like this a bit too, I didn't mean to say they are an major example, more of a lesser one I've always thought of like that because I've always found the Panthers silver unnecessary.

IbjBaeE.png

On 1/18/2020 at 11:23 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

It's not the only issue I can find with the uniform. Your claim was that the font was excellent. I am saying that if the 11 looks like a pause symbol (apologies for using the wrong word), the font isn't excellent. 

I never suggested it's the only issue you can find with the uniform.. I suggested that if the #11 is the only number from 1-99 that you have an issue with, it's a small issue with the font.. all other numbers containing a 1 look fine.. the "pause symbol" complaint gets thrown around like it's a detriment to the entire uniform.. it's a tiny flaw in an otherwise strong number font.. like slightly over 1% if you want to quantify the amount of a problem it is, since only one number "looks like a pause symbol".. even though it ALSO looks like an 11.. It's not my favorite font, but it's bold and relatively simple/blocky, and an overall excellent font in my opinion.. Plus it's not an issue exclusive to the falcons.. other teams with pause symbols include the Jets & Bears, which I don't hear much hate for.. 

23 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Helmets are an extension of my original point too, though I should have specified that in my post.

They have the little silver striping and that's it though, it's also not on their white set anywhere. That's why I said Carolina is like this a bit too, I didn't mean to say they are an major example, more of a lesser one I've always thought of like that because I've always found the Panthers silver unnecessary.

Most would argue that the real issue is that they don't just wear the silver pants all the time.. the fact that they water down their identity and introduce issues with their color palette by wearing white pants with their white jerseys is the primary problem. Nobody has a problem with Ohio State or the Raiders, because they wear silver pants at all times.. 

6 hours ago, WavePunter said:

I never suggested it's the only issue you can find with the uniform.. I suggested that if the #11 is the only number from 1-99 that you have an issue with, it's a small issue with the font.. all other numbers containing a 1 look fine.. the "pause symbol" complaint gets thrown around like it's a detriment to the entire uniform.. it's a tiny flaw in an otherwise strong number font.. like slightly over 1% if you want to quantify the amount of a problem it is, since only one number "looks like a pause symbol".. even though it ALSO looks like an 11.. It's not my favorite font, but it's bold and relatively simple/blocky, and an overall excellent font in my opinion.. Plus it's not an issue exclusive to the falcons.. other teams with pause symbols include the Jets & Bears, which I don't hear much hate for.. 

just with the jets someone tried saying it was bad because it looked like the twin towers and we couldn’t have that for a NY team. I thought it was ridiculous as the pause button critique 

On 1/18/2020 at 8:23 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

It's not the only issue I can find with the uniform. Your claim was that the font was excellent. I am saying that if the 11 looks like a pause symbol (apologies for using the wrong word), the font isn't excellent. 

Why does it matter that it looks like a “pause” symbol if it clearly communicates what it’s supposed to? A zero looks like an O, but no one mistakes it for that on a jersey, just as no one mistakes a plain 1 for anything but a 1.

spacer.png

Now, I do believe whoever sews the numbers on the Falcons’ jerseys sets Julio’s 1s too close together, but that’s a correctable human error, not an inherent problem with the typeface.

You can tell the Bears really know what they’re doing in this regard.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived