Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

13 minutes ago, bowld said:

Nike loves using anthracite/dark grey. Would not be the least bit surprised to see it used here. Black, red, grey and white is my guess 

And I'm here for it.  They need to use Grey again, dark or light.  It just makes the Black & Red work so much better by providing that mid-tone for contrast.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t see any way how this isn’t one of the flashiest uniforms in the NFL. Arthur Blank has always had a thing for flashy and modern, just look at the stadium he just built! 

combining his taste with Nike trends, here’s my prediction: red helmets with a new wing pattern on the helmet in a mix of black and silver, black jerseys with some new material shiny crazy silver numbers, the same material in some wing pattern on the shoulder. Red pants probably with ATL on the side of the legs. All red option, all black option. I can even see them try to pull off silver numbers on the white jerseys. 

this won’t be a classic update. You know this to be true.

7 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

I don’t see any way how this isn’t one of the flashiest uniforms in the NFL. Arthur Blank has always had a thing for flashy and modern, just look at the stadium he just built! 

combining his taste with Nike trends, here’s my prediction: red helmets with a new wing pattern on the helmet in a mix of black and silver, black jerseys with some new material shiny crazy silver numbers, the same material in some wing pattern on the shoulder. Red pants probably with ATL on the side of the legs. All red option, all black option. I can even see them try to pull off silver numbers on the white jerseys. 

this won’t be a classic update. You know this to be true.

MOD EDIT 

Does anyone know how the process starts?

- Do the Falcons go to Nike and say we need new uniforms

- Does Nike go to them and say your uniforms are a little dated, look at these proposals

- Does the NFL say, hey ATL your jersey sales are a little flat go talk to Nike

Im just curious what the first step is, I’ve never really heard  

90758391980.gif

One thing Nike has done a few times recently is long narrow triangles. Jets, 2016 Pro Bowl, Jags, and Bucs all come to mind. The same type of triangles that are used in the Falcon's logo as the red wing highlights. Wouldn't be too surprised to see that somewhere.

I hope they just clean it up because the bones of it are fine. The sleeves are too busy and the side stripes are too minimal. Red can be very garish, so I hope they don't use it for the pants or become UGA clones with a red helmet/red jersey. Just because of what the other NFCS teams wear, I hope they don't go with a black jersey either.

Considering Arthur Blank's other (far more successful) team, I wouldn't be surprised if gold makes a reappearance, however minimal. 

PJU85JF.png

4 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

- Does Nike go to them and say your uniforms are a little dated, look at these proposals

I recall agessssss ago when Nike became the outfitter Pete Carrol said they had designs in place for all 32 teams to start at if they wanted a switch up and that Seattle was the only one to take them up on it initially, I also recall another team, Minnesota maybe, confirming that they started with that initial design that Nike offered them, so all 32 teams have an idea of what they could form into, but that was 8 years ago, so maybe they occasionally just shoot those designs out to teams every three years or so?

5 minutes ago, Sabres7200 said:

One thing Nike has done a few times recently is long narrow triangles. Jets, 2016 Pro Bowl, Jags, and Bucs all come to mind. The same type of triangles that are used in the Falcon's logo as the red wing highlights. Wouldn't be too surprised to see that somewhere.

oh my God you’re right. 

That’s a dead on assessment of Nike’s style trends. 

Falcon fan here, best news of the week!  Majority of the concepts here  I could go with

Shows how bad the uniform is...if they just removed the sleeve  design  they'd  be kinda ok.

Maybe this  makes up for retaining dq and dimitroff...😀

39 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

mostly, its teams reaching out to Nike or NFL about any major uni or logo changes. sometimes the NFL will make minor adjustments to a logo and say “heres your 2020 logo sheet”. or as case with Color Rush, it was a Nike initiative pitched to NFL that teams had to sign off on.

with the Dolphins, the reason for reaching out to Nike was the creative team and Garfinkel worked on new designs internally. then pulled it back to the point where “heres what we think we can get Ross to sign off on” and had great reasons for each decision. pushing it closer to the throwbacks or “the real Dolphins” also carried some fan satisfaction with it. simultaneously, Nike did some more mock ups on their templates and explored the same brief while also helping us with some new color options. this included CR options but in the end, Nike was interested in just executing whatever the team wanted. 

we tried to get the white throwback 2 years ago and make it a surprise on gameday. “we just need 54 jerseys can we do that?”. for apparel sales reasons, Nike was wasn’t so into that and wanted to wait til they had the retail options ready

with ATL it seems to be a tight relationship between ownership and Nike / NFL. ive talked to 2 other teams about possible uniform updates and how the creative teams might be involved (like with Miami) and that seemed like a completely crazy concept to them, lol 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'm guessing this was in the works around the time of the new stadium opening. When new uniforms weren't announced during that time, I just assumed Blank was content with the Reebok uniforms.

I can't imagine the logo changing too much.

It's good they're changing them. The current set is among the worst in the NFL with its dating piping and panels. They're also associated with electrocuted dogs and the biggest collapse in Super Bowl history. So it's nice to see them moving on.

I have issues with the logo too, but I suppose it can be salvaged with a redesigned uniform.

It sounds like it's just new uniforms and not a new logo. I'd like to see some tweaks to the logo, but I guess it's not the worst logo in the league.

really hope Nike and the Falcons go the Vikings/Lions route and not the Buccaneers/Titans route. Just bring back the red helmets, get rid of the piping, and add a more traditional sleeve/pants stripe. I imagine they'll change the font, but it's not that bad in my opinion. 

As long as they don't stick any abbreviations or team names on the stripes or use a god-awful font and hopefully this is a positive upgrade, but knowing Nike's track record, I'm moving forward with trepidation. 

Archived