Jump to content

Falcons New Unis 2020


BlazerBlaze

Recommended Posts

I like helmets where the logo doesn't get lost, which is why I like red for the Falcons. Their logo is mostly black so putting it on a contrasting color helps make it more visible and stand out. It's the reason I don't like their black helmets from the 90's and the Texans' navy helmet, for that matter. You could make the argument that the outlines help, but they don't help enough IMO and still don't stand out as well as they would on a different colored helmet. The Bills' red helmets aren't as bad because their logo is mostly blue, but none of it's elements get lost when it's on a white lid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/7/2020 at 2:44 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I like helmets where the logo doesn't get lost, which is why I like red for the Falcons. Their logo is mostly black so putting it on a contrasting color helps make it more visible and stand out. It's the reason I don't like their black helmets from the 90's and the Texans' navy helmet, for that matter. You could make the argument that the outlines help, but they don't help enough IMO and still don't stand out as well as they would on a different colored helmet. The Bills' red helmets aren't as bad because their logo is mostly blue, but none of it's elements get lost when it's on a white lid.


I’ve been going to Texans games and watching them on TV since the beginning and not once has the logo been “lost” to me on the navy lid. Far superior to the conceptual white helmet they revealed before the navy one. Now they just need to wear the Battle red uniforms as primaries and go back to red socks on the road. 
 

I also prefer the red helmet for Atlanta, and could go either way for the Bills. But I don’t think those logos get lost either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BrianLion said:

a red helmet would be a nice change of pace 

 

Jerry Glanville will be rolling over in his grave though

 

(apparently he's still alive)

 

His bed I mean. rolling over in his bed. 

 

He can't hear you because he has two headsets on.

 

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I grew up with the Falcons wearing black helmets, so I hope that continues to be the case with their new uniforms. I will say, however, I would be more than okay if they went with that color-shifting (New York Jets-style) shade of red — but with a black facemask. It's when you get into the plastic-looking red that I don't personally care for (a la the Georgia Bulldogs or Kansas City Chiefs).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

It's when you get into the plastic-looking red that I don't personally care for (a la the Georgia Bulldogs or Kansas City Chiefs).

Exactly! I hate that dull, cheap plastic look. That's the reason I would like to see the Falcons in a SDSU, or Jets style helmet. That would kill two birds (no pun intended) by having a presence of both black, and red.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

I grew up with the Falcons wearing black helmets, so I hope that continues to be the case with their new uniforms. I will say, however, I would be more than okay if they went with that color-shifting (New York Jets-style) shade of red — but with a black facemask. It's when you get into the plastic-looking red that I don't personally care for (a la the Georgia Bulldogs or Kansas City Chiefs).

 

Chiefs have a pretty amazing pearlescent finish on their helmets. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I tend to prefer the Falcons' black helmets...but some of the red concepts I have seen look pretty sharp.  Add to that the fact that KC is the only red helmet in the league (unless you stretch to include Washington) and I think red makes sense.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.