BlazerBlaze

Falcons New Unis 2020

I like helmets where the logo doesn't get lost, which is why I like red for the Falcons. Their logo is mostly black so putting it on a contrasting color helps make it more visible and stand out. It's the reason I don't like their black helmets from the 90's and the Texans' navy helmet, for that matter. You could make the argument that the outlines help, but they don't help enough IMO and still don't stand out as well as they would on a different colored helmet. The Bills' red helmets aren't as bad because their logo is mostly blue, but none of it's elements get lost when it's on a white lid.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:44 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I like helmets where the logo doesn't get lost, which is why I like red for the Falcons. Their logo is mostly black so putting it on a contrasting color helps make it more visible and stand out. It's the reason I don't like their black helmets from the 90's and the Texans' navy helmet, for that matter. You could make the argument that the outlines help, but they don't help enough IMO and still don't stand out as well as they would on a different colored helmet. The Bills' red helmets aren't as bad because their logo is mostly blue, but none of it's elements get lost when it's on a white lid.

I’ve been going to Texans games and watching them on TV since the beginning and not once has the logo been “lost” to me on the navy lid. Far superior to the conceptual white helmet they revealed before the navy one. Now they just need to wear the Battle red uniforms as primaries and go back to red socks on the road. 

I also prefer the red helmet for Atlanta, and could go either way for the Bills. But I don’t think those logos get lost either. 

The more I look at the Guardians of the XFL, the more I think they’re a good base of what the Falcons could do. With some alterations, of course.

Debating between black and red helmets, I think I'd greatly be satisfied if something like this came to fruition... The helmet below would look great, even with a white chinstrap. EOSxcGLXUAAE3X4.jpg5801061987_7bd73ecdfd_o.jpgXJtWXbweGVuAxaXY3bUXjTzDqjbmCxxNfSrniQt03841275838_0b4d5f210d_b.jpg

5 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

Red, yes. Chromed, not so much.

More so the effect it has of going to black, like the Jets helmet. 

14 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

EOSxcGLXUAAE3X4.jpg

Why did they feel the need to add another outline to that logo? It already has one too many.

But I could definitely get behind a red/black color shift helmet like the Jets.

14 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Debating between black and red helmets, I think I'd greatly be satisfied if something like this came to fruition...EOSxcGLXUAAE3X4.jpg

I’m normally a hater of chrome helmets...but that looks pretty slick.  

a red helmet would be a nice change of pace 

Jerry Glanville will be rolling over in his grave though

(apparently he's still alive)

His bed I mean. rolling over in his bed. 

On 2/11/2020 at 8:21 AM, mafiaman said:

I’m normally a hater of chrome helmets...but that looks pretty slick.  

standalone yeah it looks pretty nice, wonder if it'd look odd with the very matte uniforms.

1 hour ago, BrianLion said:

a red helmet would be a nice change of pace 

Jerry Glanville will be rolling over in his grave though

(apparently he's still alive)

His bed I mean. rolling over in his bed. 

He can't hear you because he has two headsets on.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

spacer.png

91PpiTotK1L._SX342_.jpg

3 hours ago, leopard88 said:

spacer.png

I've never been sure of whether or not I should be proud that he's from my hometown. This settles it.

14 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I've never been sure of whether or not I should be proud that he's from my hometown. This settles it.

giphy.gif

I'm really proud of you Jerry Glanville.

I grew up with the Falcons wearing black helmets, so I hope that continues to be the case with their new uniforms. I will say, however, I would be more than okay if they went with that color-shifting (New York Jets-style) shade of red — but with a black facemask. It's when you get into the plastic-looking red that I don't personally care for (a la the Georgia Bulldogs or Kansas City Chiefs).

58 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

It's when you get into the plastic-looking red that I don't personally care for (a la the Georgia Bulldogs or Kansas City Chiefs).

Exactly! I hate that dull, cheap plastic look. That's the reason I would like to see the Falcons in a SDSU, or Jets style helmet. That would kill two birds (no pun intended) by having a presence of both black, and red.

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

I grew up with the Falcons wearing black helmets, so I hope that continues to be the case with their new uniforms. I will say, however, I would be more than okay if they went with that color-shifting (New York Jets-style) shade of red — but with a black facemask. It's when you get into the plastic-looking red that I don't personally care for (a la the Georgia Bulldogs or Kansas City Chiefs).

Chiefs have a pretty amazing pearlescent finish on their helmets. 

I tend to prefer the Falcons' black helmets...but some of the red concepts I have seen look pretty sharp.  Add to that the fact that KC is the only red helmet in the league (unless you stretch to include Washington) and I think red makes sense.