BlazerBlaze

Falcons New Unis 2020

Recommended Posts

Atlanta Falcons Head Coach Dan Quinn Discusses New Uniforms

February 21, 2020 - 15:53 PM

The Atlanta Falcons are one of four NFL teams set to debut new uniforms next season, joining the Cleveland Browns, Los Angeles Rams and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And while we have to wait until April for the official unveiling, head […]

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW he was a massive fan of Seattle’s new uniforms too. Doesn’t mean that’s the direction they’re going but he really liked them and kept calling them cool and fast too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

FWIW he was a massive fan of Seattle’s new uniforms too. Doesn’t mean that’s the direction they’re going but he really liked them and kept calling them cool and fast too.

 

If that could lend to one thing: white pants, black pants, grey pants ... kind of like how Seattle has dark blue, white, grey 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

 

If that could lend to one thing: white pants, black pants, grey pants ... kind of like how Seattle has dark blue, white, grey 

That's what I'm thinking. Red throwback to go along with with the gray. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Volt said:

Hope the Falcons do something like this, swapping the Gold for Red:

 

spacer.png

So like this?

spacer.png

I used a different set of numbers (both from what they wear now and what Colorado uses), and I used the original falcon simply because it reminded me more of the two-color treatment that Colorado gives its buffalo.

 

When I read this suggestion, I thought I wouldn't like it. But now that I've seen it, I'd say it's a fairly solid look. I don't think it would go over too well with Tampa Bay being in the same division, especially if Tampa keeps the pewter helmet and pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

So like this?

spacer.png

I used a different set of numbers (both from what they wear now and what Colorado uses), and I used the original falcon simply because it reminded me more of the two-color treatment that Colorado gives its buffalo.

 

When I read this suggestion, I thought I wouldn't like it. But now that I've seen it, I'd say it's a fairly solid look. I don't think it would go over too well with Tampa Bay being in the same division, especially if Tampa keeps the pewter helmet and pants.

 

Now we're cooking with gas.


I think the Falcons keep their current logo, but ditch their wordmarks and fonts.  Their current logo on that Colorado grey helmet (must have a Black facemask) would be beautiful.

 

I also think that logo works better with jersey numbers that have straight, pointed edges - so while nothing hokey, something less curved.  
 

If they could modernize the 80's-early 90's Deion Sanders sets like this, with the new logo and that Colorado grey....it would be beautiful.  I'd leave stripes out of it this time.  Would love to see this mocked-up on a newer Nike template.  Anyone have a good Vapor Untouchable + Riddell Speedflex PSD they want to share?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some ridiculous predictions in here: 

 

For one, we know the wordmark isn't being ditched -- there's an updated version of it that has been released already. 

 

Two, why would the Falcons go to a grey helmet and black jerseys with the Raiders in the league? 

 

Yes -- Quinn wanted new uniforms, but sure made it sound like the idea was to have a cleaner and sleeker look. But, the Falcons have also said they listened to fans during this process. I promise most Falcons fans either endorse a black or red helmet, not any drastic changes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

There are some ridiculous predictions in here: 

 

For one, we know the wordmark isn't being ditched -- there's an updated version of it that has been released already. 

 

Two, why would the Falcons go to a grey helmet and black jerseys with the Raiders in the league? 

 

Yes -- Quinn wanted new uniforms, but sure made it sound like the idea was to have a cleaner and sleeker look. But, the Falcons have also said they listened to fans during this process. I promise most Falcons fans either endorse a black or red helmet, not any drastic changes. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

There are some ridiculous predictions in here: 

 

For one, we know the wordmark isn't being ditched -- there's an updated version of it that has been released already. 

 

Two, why would the Falcons go to a grey helmet and black jerseys with the Raiders in the league? 

 

Yes -- Quinn wanted new uniforms, but sure made it sound like the idea was to have a cleaner and sleeker look. But, the Falcons have also said they listened to fans during this process. I promise most Falcons fans either endorse a black or red helmet, not any drastic changes. 


These aren't predictions or speculation; they're simply my opinion of what I feel would look best for their brand.  

Where is the updated version of the wordmark?  That would be news.

 

Why would the Falcons go red jerseys and red helmets with the Chiefs in the league?

Why would the Falcons go black helmets and black jerseys with the Steelers and Jaguars and Ravens in the league?

The more valid reason to not go with silver helmet with a black mask is because they're in the same division as the Panthers.  However, the silver I suggested is not the same silver.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Falcons fans will revolt if they go with silver helmets. Also, the new wordmark was on the announcement graphic that the comms team sent season ticket holders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll repost the information I posted about the word mark from page 3 of this thread.

 

———

 

I think we are looking at the “new” word mark which is basically the old one. But if you pay attention, there are obvious differences. The text has more balance to it. The old one was squat and wide. The new one looks more squared. A few of the letters have been designed to nest in with the one next to it. See the F (the middle cross on the F is now angled whereas before it was straight) and the second T in Atlanta (now straight whereas it was angled before). The notches inside the T and the O are also new. But overall, it’s much the same vibe.

 

Old:

spacer.png

 

New:

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I’ll repost the information I posted about the word mark from page 3 of this thread.

 

———

 

I think we are looking at the “new” word mark which is basically the old one. But if you pay attention, there are obvious differences. The text has more balance to it. The old one was squat and wide. The new one looks more squared. A few of the letters have been designed to nest in with the one next to it. See the F (the middle cross on the F is now angled whereas before it was straight) and the second T in Atlanta (now straight whereas it was angled before). The notches inside the T and the O are also new. But overall, it’s much the same vibe.

 

Old:

spacer.png

 

New:

spacer.png

 

Thank you, I missed this.  If this is the new wordmark, it would be disappointing, although an improvement.  I doubt most people would ever notice the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 10:39 PM, Ted Cunningham said:

So like this?

spacer.png

I used a different set of numbers (both from what they wear now and what Colorado uses), and I used the original falcon simply because it reminded me more of the two-color treatment that Colorado gives its buffalo.

 

When I read this suggestion, I thought I wouldn't like it. But now that I've seen it, I'd say it's a fairly solid look. I don't think it would go over too well with Tampa Bay being in the same division, especially if Tampa keeps the pewter helmet and pants.

I didn't expect to like this design as much as I do, but something about the silver helmet/silver pants red and black looks really good to me. It kind of reminds me of the Georgia Bulldogs but more subdued. I would embrace this if they went with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, O.C.D said:

I didn't expect to like this design as much as I do, but something about the silver helmet/silver pants red and black looks really good to me. It kind of reminds me of the Georgia Bulldogs but more subdued. I would embrace this if they went with it

 

Replace the Gold with Red, simplify, add the NFL Shield at the front neck and the Falcons logo on the darker Grey helmet:

 

UCF vs ECU

 

DSC_1680.jpg

 

DSC_1897.jpg

 

NFL's rule about front & back helmet bumpers being white would take away from the great look of this helmet but it'd still be a great look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably unpopular around here. The NFL needs to ditch the "white helmet accessories" rule for bumpers, straps, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Probably unpopular around here. The NFL needs to ditch the "white helmet accessories" rule for bumpers, straps, etc. 

Absolutely. What’s the logic behind that anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yeah, the Raiders think so, too.

 

Yeah, they are still pissed at the Carolina Panthers...and those pesky Dallas Cowboys have some nerve also wearing a Silver helmet with Grey facemask, too...

 

We won't even discuss the audacity of those rotten New England Patriots switching to Silver helmets back in the 90's.

 

Raiders ought to sue everyone who plays football anywhere on the planet who dares to wear a Silver helmet, huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Probably unpopular around here. The NFL needs to ditch the "white helmet accessories" rule for bumpers, straps, etc. 

 

I agree, to an extent.  For some teams, it would change something that is iconic, not make sense, and open the door for nonsense like team color bumpers, which will probably come one day at the lower levels.

 

Perhaps the rule could be changed to say that if you go through a rebrand and are changing the helmet color, stripe, or logo, you'd be permitted to use Black bumpers. 

 

Example 1:  some would say to absolute use Black bumpers on Raiders helmets.  But it changes something that is iconic and lessens the brand imagery.  (Or maybe it would look great, who knows.)

 

Example 2:  Falcons rebrand and choose a Dark Silver helmet, like UCF or Colorado's.  Since it's an entirely new look, they'd be permitted to do it if they wanted.

 

I don't want to see the Packers or Cowboys or Chiefs or Giants, etc., with Black helmet bumpers.  Bucs rebrand?  Falcons rebrand?  Sure.  

 

They also tend to look best on White or Grey/Silver helmets.  When put on a Black helmet, for example, it can be too much Black...you need contrast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Probably unpopular around here. The NFL needs to ditch the "white helmet accessories" rule for bumpers, straps, etc. 

 

I have appreciated the intentionality of the chinstrap colors in the XFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.