Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Absolutely. What’s the logic behind that anyway?

Color-matching chinstraps would look so much better, but they can blend in with the colors of the helmet and facemask. The white chinstraps allow the ref to quickly identify if a player is fully strapped up or not. Ultimately, I believe it is a safety/legal issue and therefore I would not expect it to be changed. Along the same line of thinking as the league's one-helmet rule, the league is able to say they are following all safety precautions to do everything they can to prevent trauma to the head/neck area of their players in the event that the inevitable happens.

Regarding the helmets, I came across this posted on a fan forum. We know to take message boards (ours included) with a few grains of salt, but thought it was worth sharing since we are still in the conjecture stage. This may put a damper on those hoping for red helmets. 

If it's truly a matte black helmet, it would be a huge step in the wrong direction. Following trends that are in the "Laggard" phase of the adoption cycle is not a good look for an established NFL franchise. Surely the matte finish is being confused with satin here. Also, oversized silver logos? Chrome facemasks? If there is any truth to this, it sounds like it would be a rather polarizing set for us to discuss later this spring. :)

EDIT: Added spoiler tag to hide large and potentially misleading screenshots. 

Spoiler

i0xYRNj.png

skvRPLX.png

26 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

Regarding the helmets, I came across this posted on a fan forum. We know to take message boards (ours included) with a few grains of salt, but thought it was worth sharing since we are still in the conjecture stage. This may put a damper on those hoping for red helmets. 

If it's truly a matte black helmet, it would be a huge step in the wrong direction. Following trends that are in the "Laggard" phase of the adoption cycle is not a good look for an established NFL franchise. Surely the matte finish is being confused with satin here. Also, oversized silver logos? Chrome facemasks? If there is any truth to this, it sounds like it would be a rather polarizing set for us to discuss later this spring. :)

i0xYRNj.png

skvRPLX.png

Ehh...the Chief of marketing, who had a hand in creating the new uniforms, said they're not over the top. In her words "We're not trying to be like the college teams. Nothing outlandish. It's a significant redesign, but it's a level of simplicity to the design that our fans will like"

37 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Chrome facemask: YAY!!!

Side Panels: BOO!!!

I thought we had all evolved to the understanding that side panels were bad design. Then I see them all over the XFL. Concerns me is that pandora's box is being reopened in the NFL. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. Every time there is a new uniform announced, someone pretends to be an insider and just starts saying things to get clout and the boards fired up. Nothing in that explainer matches up with any of the directions the few details we have so far would indicate. Still thinking these are going to be simple, but edgy -- kind of more along the lines of the Lions and Vikings redesigns. 

59 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Still thinking these are going to be simple, but edgy -- kind of more along the lines of the Lions and Vikings redesigns. 

That's what I'm thinking. Everything I've read and heard, points to them being simple, yet having enough flair to be modern.