Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

A few things to consider: There's a lot of speculation from Falcons fans about them just going back to the fauxbacks full time. That won't happen, because this is strictly a uniform revamp and there's no mention of a rebrand that would put the current logo in jeopardy. Heck, the actual stadium infrastructure includes a falcon wing modeled after the logo. The logo won't change. 

With that said, I want to see a revert to a traditional look with modern accents much like Minnesota went with. Go back to an aesthetic that looks classic at first glance, but has progressive elements. I've shared a few concepts over and over in the past so I will spare them here, but incorporating the edgy elements of the logo into some simple sleeve and pant stripes while keeping an aesthetic that looks like the Falcons will do the trick. I don't care the era … Atlanta has had a hand full of looks, all of which are very popular by certain segments of the fanbase. The only uniforms the fans don't like are the current ones, and rightfully so. 

Arthur Blank mentions in this press releases he had been listening to the fans, so I would be shocked if he takes a risk by doing anything too wonky or cutting edge, like Seattle (which I like) or Tampa's latest releases. I think there are some preconditions to this rebrand built over time between Blank and the fans that should lead to these being tastefully done. I'm excited to see what they come up with. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Generally speaking, do we wanna see a black or red helmet for them?

I prefer black myself. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

As a Falcons fan, hell yeah. Been waiting for this day for what feels like an eternity. I really want them to go with a slightly modernized version of the throwbacks. The proper throwbacks. Not the makeshift fauxbacks now with the blending of eras. I want the red lid, black jersey, and white pants.

I think we are looking at the “new” word mark which is basically the old one. But if you pay attention, there are obvious differences. The text has more balance to it. The old one was squat and wide. The new one looks more squared. A few of the letters have been designed to nest in with the one next to it. See the F (the middle cross on the F is now angled whereas before it was straight) and the second T in Atlanta (now straight whereas it was angled before). The notches inside the T and the O are also new. But overall, it’s much the same vibe.

Old:

spacer.png

New:

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Chawls said:

Generally speaking, do we wanna see a black or red helmet for them?

I prefer black myself. 

I'm fine with either. Personally, I want to see red helmets, red jerseys and white pants for home and red helmets, white jerseys, black pants for road. Then give us a black jersey and combinations. Also love the idea of silver pants as a changeup, kind of like how Seattle has their setup. 

17 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

As a Falcons fan, hell yeah. Been waiting for this day for what feels like an eternity. I really want them to go with a slightly modernized version of the throwbacks. The proper throwbacks. Not the makeshift fauxbacks now with the blending of eras. I want the red lid, black jersey, and white pants.

I think we are looking at the “new” word mark which is basically the old one. But if you pay attention, there are obvious differences. The text has more balance to it. The old one was squat and wide. The new one looks more squared. A few of the letters have been designed to nest in with the one next to it. See the F (the middle cross on the F is now angled whereas before it was straight) and the second T in Atlanta (now straight whereas it was angled before). The notches inside the T and the O are also new. But overall, it’s much the same vibe.

Old:

spacer.png

New:

spacer.png

thats likely one of those adjustments the NFL has been making. i dont think this is actually better though. it loses a sense of speed and lightness and feels less custom, more like an out of the box sports font; the variation in line weight was a nice touch that reflects the tapered lines that vary in weight in the primary logo. the new creates oddities like the points in the letters being too close to the next letter. im not feelin this at all 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

3 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

thats likely one of those adjustments the NFL has been making. i dont think this is actually better though. it loses a sense of speed and lightness and feels less custom, more like an out of the box sports font; the variation in line weight was a nice touch that reflects the tapered lines that vary in weight in the primary logo. the new creates oddities like the points in the letters being too close to the next letter. im not feelin this at all 

I agree with you. While I don’t think it’s make or break (a great new uniform and I’ll be won over), the original word mark was better with a clearer intention. This one looks like they felt obligated to change it enough to make it “new” but took away some of the features that made it worthwhile. I think it would still be decent if not for the weird notches in those couple letters. Those feel so 2013. Nonetheless, improve upon the current Arena league set and I’ll be a happy Atlantan.

2 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

The sleeve stripes are a tad thick...but ideally this is what we'd love to see...Falcons091117.gif

2 years later I'm not so sure about the red pants, but thanks for the kind words on the overall design!  I just felt it marries the past and the present without any silly Nike-ish to it.

43 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

Yeah...I feel like "Atlanta" looks better, but "Falcons" looks worse. I used to really like that wordmark but it's definitely dated at this point and the updates aren't even better. 

16 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

2 years later I'm not so sure about the red pants, but thanks for the kind words on the overall design!  I just felt it marries the past and the present without any silly Nike-ish to it.

It's tastefully simple, and original. Yeah, I'm not a fan of red pants, but nonetheless, it's a beautiful uniform. Good work!

5 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

TEAL WAS RIGHT

He had what, about a one in six or seven chance of getting it right? Those are pretty good odds. As @Ice_Cap pointed out, Teal's success rate hovers at around .500. Just for the sake of comparison, my cat Zookie's success rate picking NFL games for a stretch in our NFL pick 'em thread last season was significantly better than .500 and she had to pick 14-16 games per week. 😎

bu5SPdZ.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

39 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

He had what, about a one in six or seven chance of getting it right? Those are pretty good odds. As @Ice_Cap pointed out, Teal's success rate hovers at around .500. Just for the sake of comparison, my cat Zookie's success rate picking NFL games for a stretch in our NFL pick 'em thread last season was significantly better than .500 and she had to pick 14-16 games per week. 😎

bu5SPdZ.jpg

Can we please get Zookie's picks for this weekends conference championship games?

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Zookie was the greatest short-lived phenomenon since Linsanity and I miss them both. 

Lin eventually became an NBA Champion. Maybe Zookie could eventually become a Pick’em Champion, @infrared41.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Been a Falcons fan since ‘04, and as soon as I took an interest in sports uniforms I’ve been waiting for this day when they’d finally change. 

Still, part of me’s gonna be kinda sad to see the old set go. That’s all I’ve ever known them in, and seeing that every Sunday just felt right even with all their flaws. But with the laundry list of embarrassing losses associated with those jerseys, I’ll welcome this new set with open arms. 

All I ask is this

- Black home jerseys

- Black helmet, black facemask

- Socks never being the same color as pants

- Number font that’s not Tampa-bad

I don’t expect the Falcons to get it perfect, cause they rarely do with anything, but if all those are there I’ll be at peace watching them take the field. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Archived