BlazerBlaze

Falcons New Unis 2020

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

If the Falcons get gray pants, red helmets are a must for me. It just balances the whole look.624382948-louisiana-lafayette-v-georgia.

Remember that they don't want to alienate Tech fans. Can't look too similar to Georgia even though they already share the same colors. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back a touch of gold (matches the soccer team colors too: red, black, gold,  which shares the stadium).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mafiaman said:

That Georgia look is simply the equivalent of Playboy for NCAA Football Uniforms for me.  

Gorgeous in every way possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Remember that they don't want to alienate Tech fans. Can't look too similar to Georgia even though they already share the same colors. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back a touch of gold (matches the soccer team colors too: red, black, gold,  which shares the stadium).

I would love a touch of gold. But the tech inclusion stopped in the 70s. I don't think the Falcons too much care about that issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mafiaman said:

That Georgia look is simply the equivalent of Playboy for NCAA Football Uniforms for me.  

You like them for the articles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, heavybass said:

I feel that they are going to :censored: up their redesign.

No offense, but in every other uniform thread, you're very pessimistic about the Falcons uniforms. No team has went to an exact throwback, so we can eliminate that option. All I want is red helmet, black jersey, and white pants as the default home set. But why exactly do you think the Falcons will mess up? Every uniform in our history was widely accepted at the time of it's release. The current set became outdated around 2010, so that's the only blip on the radar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

No offense, but in every other uniform thread, you're very pessimistic about the Falcons uniforms. No team has went to an exact throwback, so we can eliminate that option. All I want is red helmet, black jersey, and white pants as the default home set. But why exactly do you think the Falcons will mess up? Every uniform in our history was widely accepted at the time of it's release. The current set became outdated around 2010, so that's the only blip on the radar. 


If we're following the leaks that were here before then yes that's where my doubts lie.... and so far it's 1-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, heavybass said:


If we're following the leaks that were here before then yes that's where my doubts lie.... and so far it's 1-1

I got u... But to be fair, there hasn't been anything leaked regarding the Falcons uniforms. Just a whole lot of Reddit junkies spewing out bad info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 7:59 PM, L10nheart404 said:

Thats the concept that J'Ville did. Would look a lot better with a red helmet. 

 

7mVyNUs.jpg

 

I absolutely love this concept.  The numbers would be larger in real life and likely custom/stylized a little but if they did these, they'd be a top NFL uniform.  I really dig that sleeve stripe and of course, the matching socks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Remember that they don't want to alienate Tech fans. Can't look too similar to Georgia even though they already share the same colors. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back a touch of gold (matches the soccer team colors too: red, black, gold,  which shares the stadium).

Let’s not get crazy here and add gold to the mix - red, black, and white is the ONLY way to go for the Falcons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mafiaman said:

Let’s not get crazy here and add gold to the mix - red, black, and white is the ONLY way to go for the Falcons.

They did that the first few years and limited it to helmet stripes. There's no need to try to do that again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

They did that the first few years and limited it to helmet stripes. There's no need to try to do that again. 

Exactly.  If the Detroit Lions switched their colors to maize and blue and promptly rattled off five straight Super Bowl titles, even the biggest Michigan State Spartan fan would be wearing the new Lions gear.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Every uniform in our history was widely accepted at the time of it's release.

I was posting here when the current set was unveiled. Reactions were mixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2020 at 8:25 PM, WavePunter said:

Agreed.. a side panel than runs into pants of the same color are less atrocious than random color blocked side panels

Or a pants stripe of the same color. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Or a pants stripe of the same color. 

That's a bit more iffy in my book, but it works fine for the Broncos

 

Edit: but yes, still better than just random color block side panels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

That's a bit more iffy in my book, but it works fine for the Broncos

 

Edit: but yes, still better than just random color block side panels

Yeah, the Broncos were who I was thinking of mainly. When the jersey and pants are properly aligned that big long stripe looks awesome...dated, but still awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IceCap said:

I was posting here when the current set was unveiled. Reactions were mixed.

I'm not talking about a thread full of detail junkies (I'm one myself)... Just from the public perspective. Of course, not everyone will be on the same page, that's just how the world works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://twitter.com/BJewkes/status/1243235267940700162


I feel like we're going to get a stripped down set like what the Bucs leak looked like but in Black/White/Red with Black as primary and pants with the old helmet stripe (without the gold) in Black/white/grey. 

Just my guess of what the fan feedback would lead the design team to do. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

https://twitter.com/BJewkes/status/1243235267940700162


I feel like we're going to get a stripped down set like what the Bucs leak looked like but in Black/White/Red with Black as primary and pants with the old helmet stripe (without the gold) in Black/white/grey. 

Just my guess of what the fan feedback would lead the design team to do. 

 

Yeah, everyone who's officially a part of the Falcons uniform change, has said it meets fans desire for simplicity, but it does have a couple of new elements that's unique to only Atlanta. Ever since 2012, fans have been clamoring for a red helmet, black jersey combo, myself included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 2:31 PM, heavybass said:


If we're following the leaks that were here before then yes that's where my doubts lie.... and so far it's 1-1

What leaks? Nothings been posted yet that could be considered a leak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

https://twitter.com/BJewkes/status/1243235267940700162


I feel like we're going to get a stripped down set like what the Bucs leak looked like but in Black/White/Red with Black as primary and pants with the old helmet stripe (without the gold) in Black/white/grey. 

Just my guess of what the fan feedback would lead the design team to do. 

 

I don't agree with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.