• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

K.I.S.S.

Keep

It

Simple,

Stupid.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

12 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

mostly, its teams reaching out to Nike or NFL about any major uni or logo changes. sometimes the NFL will make minor adjustments to a logo and say “heres your 2020 logo sheet”. or as case with Color Rush, it was a Nike initiative pitched to NFL that teams had to sign off on.

with the Dolphins, the reason for reaching out to Nike was the creative team and Garfinkel worked on new designs internally. then pulled it back to the point where “heres what we think we can get Ross to sign off on” and had great reasons for each decision. pushing it closer to the throwbacks or “the real Dolphins” also carried some fan satisfaction with it. simultaneously, Nike did some more mock ups on their templates and explored the same brief while also helping us with some new color options. this included CR options but in the end, Nike was interested in just executing whatever the team wanted. 

we tried to get the white throwback 2 years ago and make it a surprise on gameday. “we just need 54 jerseys can we do that?”. for apparel sales reasons, Nike was wasn’t so into that and wanted to wait til they had the retail options ready

with ATL it seems to be a tight relationship between ownership and Nike / NFL. ive talked to 2 other teams about possible uniform updates and how the creative teams might be involved (like with Miami) and that seemed like a completely crazy concept to them, lol 

So I think our creative team was highly involved here in ATL. 

Really excited to see what she came up with.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

So a few things. First, I don't think that the logo is safe. I think its changing. Brett, Arthur's SVP and CCO for the ownership group, seem to imply that they're changing the logos too.

As far as the jerseys, and I don't even know if the NFL would allow this, but I think we're going soccer style with a 3rd that isn't just a recolor of the home/away. @BrandMooreArt might be able to share some insight on if this would even be possible. 

Personally I think the home/away are going to be something modern looking with the 3rd being a fauxback. 

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

I don't think Brett is directly talking about logos in that reply -- I think he is just in a reply-storm on Twitter and he is talking about the uniforms there, without reading. Again, we've already seen an updated font that doesn't differentiate from the brand. I don't see the logo going anywhere, especially considering they literally built it into the east-end stands. 

10 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

Funny the amount of mental gymnastics people will use to continue to not give credit to Teal. I'm looking forward to seeing what the design looks like. 

We give him credit. The issue was all of the cryptic speak, and basically him having to be told to say who the mystery team was, that annoyed everyone. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

36 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

So a few things. First, I don't think that the logo is safe. I think its changing. Brett, Arthur's SVP and CCO for the ownership group, seem to imply that they're changing the logos too.

As far as the jerseys, and I don't even know if the NFL would allow this, but I think we're going soccer style with a 3rd that isn't just a recolor of the home/away. @BrandMooreArt might be able to share some insight on if this would even be possible. 

Personally I think the home/away are going to be something modern looking with the 3rd being a fauxback. 

I think team colors are still required but the third jersey doesn't have to be a recolor of the home or away jersey.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

holy crap I'm so sick of coming into this thread or the NFL 2020 thread and hearing about Teal.

Great.  He eventually came out with a team that he said he had info about a change.  The issue isn't whether he was correct or not.  The overall issue was his attitude towards EVERYONE who tried to engage him about it to not play mindgames.  And randomly now we have Teal defenders coming in and trying to derail this thread with it.

Good for him.  Kudos.  a Million Internet Points to him.

Are we done now?  Cool

I feel like anyone who brings him up anymore in this thread to derail it or defend him for no other reason should get a warning.  Myself included at this point because I'm doing the same thing because I'm SICK of seeing cool ideas about the Falcons and then "duhh, Teal wuz rite. u guys mean!".  Enough please!

Now on track.  I'm THRILLED one of the piping nightmares of the early 2000s is going away.  I hope they keep the logo as I felt it was a dynamic upgrade from the static Bird and helps sell the "F" that it was supposed to be.  Taking inspiration from the classic sets and a red helmet would look great I think with a modern take on it.  I can't wait to see it

I'm just shocked that it took the Falcons this long since you'd think they'd have burned the current set as soon as Vick was led away in handcuffs.

All they need to do is slightly update the Dirty Bird era look.  And, with them now having red in the actual logo, the glaring problem with that look has been fixed.

VmWIn6B.png

16 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Listen Falcons, Blanks, and Nike...

This...

This is it:

spacer.png

EDIT: Also, Cardinals and Bengals, please send in your Uniform Change forms before the 2021 window closes for all our sake. We might finally kill off the Reebok Piping era!

Reebok piping era was the worst in pro sports history.  They even ruined the NHL for a while.  Throw in the Broncos too while you are at it.  

4 minutes ago, LMU said:

I'm just shocked that it took the Falcons this long since you'd think they'd have burned the current set as soon as Vick was led away in handcuffs.

It's amazing that these "companies" are owned by billionaire businessmen with highly-adept marketing, branding, and communications professionals yet it takes some teams this long to realize that their product physically looks like :censored:.

Very glad the Falcons are finally changing.  Let's hope the Cardinals, Eagles, Broncos and Bengals follow suit.  Anxious to see what the Browns and potentially the Bucs & Panthers unveil this offseason.

2 minutes ago, Dodgeryaqui8016 said:

Reebok piping era was the worst in pro sports history.  They even ruined the NHL for a while.  Throw in the Broncos too while you are at it.  

That was Nike's first step outside the box that led to BYU's bibs before a semblence of sanity returned to uniforms. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

A few things to consider: There's a lot of speculation from Falcons fans about them just going back to the fauxbacks full time. That won't happen, because this is strictly a uniform revamp and there's no mention of a rebrand that would put the current logo in jeopardy. Heck, the actual stadium infrastructure includes a falcon wing modeled after the logo. The logo won't change. 

With that said, I want to see a revert to a traditional look with modern accents much like Minnesota went with. Go back to an aesthetic that looks classic at first glance, but has progressive elements. I've shared a few concepts over and over in the past so I will spare them here, but incorporating the edgy elements of the logo into some simple sleeve and pant stripes while keeping an aesthetic that looks like the Falcons will do the trick. I don't care the era … Atlanta has had a hand full of looks, all of which are very popular by certain segments of the fanbase. The only uniforms the fans don't like are the current ones, and rightfully so. 

Arthur Blank mentions in this press releases he had been listening to the fans, so I would be shocked if he takes a risk by doing anything too wonky or cutting edge, like Seattle (which I like) or Tampa's latest releases. I think there are some preconditions to this rebrand built over time between Blank and the fans that should lead to these being tastefully done. I'm excited to see what they come up with. 

Now this I can get behind. Good point on stadium infrastructure.

15 minutes ago, FALCON6 said:

Now this I can get behind. Good point on stadium infrastructure.

Image result for oregon mariota

Related image

Something like this, but put that yoke pattern on the sleeves, is something I think would look great for Atlanta. Just use that wing pattern from the logo and you're good to go. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Atlanta Falcons To Unveil New Uniforms In April

January 15, 2020 - 17:04 PM

After 17 seasons in their current set, the Atlanta Falcons announced on Tuesday night they’ll unveil new uniforms in April. Team owner and CEO Arthur Blank sent a letter to season ticket holders informing them of the looming changes. “Time […]

Read More...

Archived