Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Forcing any letterform into the shape of a mascot is bad in my book. I know many LOVE the Washington State logo with the crammed up WSU making a cougar head shape but I think it's   horrible. Forcing something almost never produces a superior design. 

So you say? You'll love this, then... let me take you on down to good ol' Pine Bluff, Arkansas, where THIS exists...

mMQUkaMVpE74g_j5WWwPhR6gMGBVovPQg8QAZV1n

18 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

You’d also run into the problem of flipping it. Assuming it’d be the helmet logo

Crazily enough...

uapb_logo.png

So there ya have it. Y'all can pack up now. 😁

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Buc said:

So you say? You'll love this, then... let me take you on down to good ol' Pine Bluff, Arkansas, where THIS exists...

mMQUkaMVpE74g_j5WWwPhR6gMGBVovPQg8QAZV1n

Crazily enough...

uapb_logo.png

So there ya have it. Y'all can pack up now. 😁

That’s actually pretty impressive. I never noticed, but we’re talking about the ATL in the falcon being flipped without a hitch which doesn’t seem very likely.

It's a clever logo, but clever-for-clever's-sake.  If you didn't tell me the name of the school, I'd've never been able to figure out what those letters were, and since the mane is obnoxiously large, it just looks like a wild-obnoxious mane until someone points out that it's letters.  Also the lion looks like it's on bath salts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Brett Jewkes has been the most active in respones to fans about the uniforms, but has been mostly quiet on the front. Has kind of joked back and forth with fans, and just Tweeted this: 

I've got a feeling something is about to come out from the Falcons -- either a reveal date, or the reveal itself 

These were seen on the Dirty Bird Nation Facebook group.

Helmet has a HUGE falcon with chrome face mask. Red jersey has a gradient to black on the bottom. Looks like there are only black and white pants options, maybe there’s a red? Helmet is still black, but looks matte instead of glossy.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

8 minutes ago, moratorias said:

Helmet has a HUGE falcon with chrome face mask. Red jersey has a gradient to black on the bottom. Looks like there are only black and white pants options, maybe there’s a red? Helmet is still black, but looks matte instead of glossy.

Standard black throwback in the middle on the rack

That looks pretty legit.

Hard to tell, but I don't think I hate it.  Sure, the side panel will never match up with the pants stripe, but at least it's consistently red so there won't need to be two white pants like before.

The gradient is certainly 'out there', but let's see it first before killing it.  It just doesn't look "professional" to me, but that doesn't necessarily mean it looks bad.

I really hate that font with the super jagged serif, but it's certainly legible, and the side shadow isn't the worst thing I've ever seen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

4 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Here to watch the pending message board train derailment ... 

I really thought that they would opt for more traditional based on their throwbacks/cr and current trends...but damn they took their current unis and turned them up to 11. Also love the homage to these:

spacer.png

Is Atlanta Falcons football considered an 'essential' or 'life sustaining' business?  Are they not enforcing social distancing in Atlanta?  Is there no 'stay at home' orders?

Someone said it before, but the SEC states are going to prolong this thing.

Not what I was hoping for, but honestly better than the garbage we’ve had for nearly two decades. This is similar to what I’ve heard in that the primary is black and the alternate had a color fade from red to black. As long as they don’t wear the red that much, I’m okay with it. The black and white and simple enough to not look ridiculous. It also looks like everything should mix and match because all components have a red stripe on the side. I’ll be curious to see a better glimpse at the stripe because it looks like the width tapers. Not sold on the number font but will have to see the whole set. It looks like there’s an offset shadow to the right of the numbers. I think the black jersey with white pants will be close enough to the throwbacks to be popular and I also like the black numbers on the white set. Don’t like seeing the black socks with black pants and white socks with white pants. I’ll be interested to see what the front of the jerseys look like (wordmark, collar, etc). Indifferent towards the silver facemask. It works with the color scheme.

5 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That looks pretty legit.

Hard to tell, but I don't think I hate it.  Sure, the side panel will never match up with the pants stripe, but at least it's consistently red so there won't need to be two white pants like before.

The gradient is certainly 'out there', but let's see it first before killing it.  It just doesn't look "professional" to me, but that doesn't necessarily mean it looks bad.

I really hate that font with the super jagged serif, but it's certainly legible, and the side shadow isn't the worst thing I've ever seen.

The number font is pretty on par with the wordmark, as there's a jagged edge or something of that effect in most of the letters, so at least it's on brand. Your thoughts are pretty much on par with mine though.

14 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

Please don't let those be true. Like them and Nike have to know how epically a gradient helmet failed in the NFL already. Do they really think a gradient Jersey is any better?

I think the gradient is their alternate.

16 minutes ago, moratorias said:

If these are legit. Things I like:

- Number font is fine, different enough to stand out but a good “evolution” of what they had

- Pants stripe isn’t completely wack

Things I don’t like and have questions about:

-If the red jersey has a gradient to it how does that look with white pants? Or do the red jerseys stay with the black pants at all times?

-Will black jerseys be the primary then? Or are they sticking with red as the primary?

-Is red their CR? Or is all black the CR look?

-Why the side striping/panels. It looks redundant.

-The back numbers look huge. But maybe that’s just me?

-Is the red set gonna change in 5 years because of the gradient/will it be worn because of the gradient? How does the gradient affect matchup questions for distinguishing teams?

Archived