Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/2/2020 at 4:48 PM, j'villejags said:

Regarding the helmets, I came across this posted on a fan forum. We know to take message boards (ours included) with a few grains of salt, but thought it was worth sharing since we are still in the conjecture stage. This may put a damper on those hoping for red helmets. 

If it's truly a matte black helmet, it would be a huge step in the wrong direction. Following trends that are in the "Laggard" phase of the adoption cycle is not a good look for an established NFL franchise. Surely the matte finish is being confused with satin here. Also, oversized silver logos? Chrome facemasks? If there is any truth to this, it sounds like it would be a rather polarizing set for us to discuss later this spring. :)

i0xYRNj.png
skvRPLX.png

Wow. So I guess this info was actually real. Who would've thought? 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

22 minutes ago, MDGP said:

It's like the Falcons decided to take the worst of 90s design and combine it with the worst of modern font design and minimalism to make these.

That's dead on. 

It's like someone tried to recreate the same process that gave us the Broncos and yet somehow the experiment went horribly awry. Like how Abomination was created from an attempt to replicate the Hulk. 

3 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

This set is gonna be worse than the browns set, than the jags set, than the set they're replacing and all the 2000's pipping looks. It doesn't matter if it's just the red uniform, one bad apple ruins the bunch.

The gradient doesn’t encompass the whole set though. It’s just an unfortunate misstep in the design process of an otherwise decent minimization of its predecessor.

4 minutes ago, bowld said:

Why do I feel like this is an upgrade?? I actually really like the White and Black version. The red gradient one though is horrendous 

I’ll wait for the full reveal but I kinda agree with you.  I’m intrigued by the red gradient jersey but skeptical about it too.

4 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Literally my least favorite college football uniform in history and we copied it fml

Lol.. Copied? That's over the top. Please see the entire set first, with their designated combinations. I personally think the black over white is the default Home, and it definitely is an upgrade. We're in the 2020s now, everyone can't just revert back to their 60s uniforms. 

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

The gradient doesn’t encompass the whole set though. It’s just an unfortunate misstep in the design process of an otherwise decent minimization of its predecessor.

The rest of the set still includes, under arm stripes, a downgrade of a font, dropshadows, and an oversized helmet decal with apparently a chrome facemask.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, moratorias said:

These were seen on the Dirty Bird Nation Facebook group.

Helmet has a HUGE falcon with chrome face mask. Red jersey has a gradient to black on the bottom. Looks like there are only black and white pants options, maybe there’s a red? Helmet is still black, but looks matte instead of glossy.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

So we finally get rid of the Bucs digital clock numerals and the Falcons give us these? I guess it's a net positive but clean, regular block numerals without drop/side shadows would have been SO much better. 

I would be far less offended by these new uniforms if they had contrasting socks. I mean, Id still be offended but just to a lesser degree. Geezus I hate that effing trend...

Also, I’m so tired of trendy helmet finishes. I thought the Falcons had a great helmet with the classic glossy finish and now it looks like they’ve jumped on the satin train. At least this experiment has a shelf life and we’ll see something different in 5 years.

2 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

The rest of the set still includes, under arm stripes, a downgrade of a font, dropshadows, and an oversized helmet decal with apparently a chrome facemask.

If they were under arm stripes, they’d be protruding from the arm pit. Not from the waist.

I’ll agree with the downgraded font. Should’ve kept the previous.

Helmet decal size isn’t all that ridiculous 

I’d be willing to say the face mask is silver, not chrome.

If they were under arm stripes, they’d be protruding from the arm pit. Not from the waist.

It's the only place besides the logos that you'll find silver.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I personally think it's chrome. Zooming in on the helmet on the table shows that the decal is, at the very least, a very reflective silver around the outline. Willing to bet that the face mask is reflective like that.

The same people bellyaching, will be the ones saying that "it's grown on me

Just now, DNAsports said:

Yeah, I'm not sure why everyone thinks that decal is so big. The facemask isn't chrome,as you pointed out, it's closer to a glossy silver, not the shiny chrome people want it to be. The numbers aren't that bad to me. They do look like the belong on a Titans jersey, but nonetheless, this isn't a bad set by any means. As long as they don't wear the gradient red jersey often, everything else is clean.

Archived