Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

The problem with the red jersey is that, because of the gradient, it can only be worn with black pants. At least with the cohesive red side stripe on the black and white jerseys, The black and white pants can be switched out. So we can see black jersey/black pants, black jersey/white pants, white jersey/white pants, white jersey/black pants.

I do look forward to seeing the black jersey/white pants combo again. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall, lateral move IMO. I thought the Falcons looked fine but could see the argument for the piping being dated and they've had other solid looks in the past. This also seems fine and not nearly the offense some are making it out to be (I might prefer this red alt to whatever that pewter jersey is supposed to be in Tampa).

Things I like:

-Didn't bring back silver, which would have muddled things

-Simple and consistent look

-I think big logos on helmets RULE

-Number font works, including the side shadow

Thing I dislike:

-Boring crappy socks, because Nike is obsessed with making every team in every sport look like they are in a :censored:-ass unitard (not blaming the Falcons, but it's a shame they didn't try for something better)

Things I'm not sure about:

-Not a fan of the gradient, but I'm willing to give it a chance in part because it's a clever way to make the side panel consistent between the looks (also, assuming it's an alt we hopefully don't see it too much if they truly suck)

-I don't overreact to facemasks, but IDK if chrome works (didn't bother me nor add anything to the Bucs look previously)

-Matte finish on the helmet (assuming that's confirmed), not sure it's a look I want to make the norm in the NFL

EDIT: I'll add the side panel extending onto the jersey as a "we'll see"

1 hour ago, moratorias said:

These were seen on the Dirty Bird Nation Facebook group.

Helmet has a HUGE falcon with chrome face mask. Red jersey has a gradient to black on the bottom. Looks like there are only black and white pants options, maybe there’s a red? Helmet is still black, but looks matte instead of glossy.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

So are there 2 black jerseys with one with old logo or is that just the throwback from the previous set?

#DTWD #GoJaguars

6 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I would be far less offended by these new uniforms if they had contrasting socks. I mean, Id still be offended but just to a lesser degree. Geezus I hate that effing trend...

Also, I’m so tired of trendy helmet finishes. I thought the Falcons had a great helmet with the classic glossy finish and now it looks like they’ve jumped on the satin train. At least this experiment has a shelf life and we’ll see something different in 5 years.

I agree it’s a never a good look for an NFL helmet to look like it has a shelf life. While I do believe a satin finish can work for teams like the Seahawks and Vikings, it looks especially bad on black, resembling a giant ball of charcoal. 

Midway.png

3 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

So are there 2 black jerseys with one with old logo or is that just the throwback from the previous set?

One's a throwback. I'm assuming we're still rolling with the current throwbacks with these new uniforms.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is Atlanta Falcons football considered an 'essential' or 'life sustaining' business?  Are they not enforcing social distancing in Atlanta?  Is there no 'stay at home' orders?

Someone said it before, but the SEC states are going to prolong this thing.

🙄

There are plenty of examples where social distancing still isn’t happening in non-SEC states. 

So many “geniuses” in DC yet...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/dc-closes-the-wharf-after-large-crowds-gather-despite-stay-at-home-order/2264826/%3famp

And then in New York:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/03/30/crowds-ignore-social-distancing-rules-to-watch-usns-comfort/amp/

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Atlanta Falcons To Unveil New Uniforms On April 14

April 7, 2020 - 22:39 PM

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers aren’t the only NFC South team unveiling new uniforms this month, as the Atlanta Falcons announced on Tuesday evening they’ll follow suit on April 14. “It’s the first time in 17 years that we’re changing them, […]

Read More...

2 of the jerseys are standard color.

1 of them (red) is a gradient.

It truly seems like they're just testing the waters out. They could have made the decision to make both colored jerseys have gradients, or even worse, all 3 jerseys have gradients. Gradient doesn't really work on white, it would most likely look hideous. Any of those decisions would have been poorly received.

The more simplified look with reduced piping looks refreshing. The font is different, not terrible but not great either.

Could have been better. But it also could have been worse.

13 minutes ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Atlanta takes the L 

Yet again. As a Panthers fan, I'm happy because it gives me yet another reason to laugh at the Falcons, but as a sports design fan, I'm violently throwing up on the inside because Jesus Christ did the Falcons screw up. Oversimplification with the striping yet a stupid gradient, a massive helmet decal (and just when Tampa got rid of those), and a strange number font that looks good and bad at the same time while being huge. Good God, Atlanta, what have you done?

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is Atlanta Falcons football considered an 'essential' or 'life sustaining' business?  Are they not enforcing social distancing in Atlanta?  Is there no 'stay at home' orders?

Someone said it before, but the SEC states are going to prolong this thing.

That was me!

I love these new Falcons uniforms. Simple and bold and gradients are sometimes awesome when done right. These are done right. I also really miss the Falcons black pants and are happy to see they've returned!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived