BlazerBlaze

Falcons New Unis 2020

Just now, Tracy Jordan said:

Awful. Just awful. All they had to do was make a few small tweaks to this...

usa_today_10443806.0.jpg

... and they'd be a hit. It's really not that hard, Falcons. Also, glossy helmets > matte helmets all day.

I mean... they arguably did make a few small tweaks to that...

Just now, DNAsports said:

I mean... they arguably did make a few small tweaks to that...

For all intents and purposes, the leaked look essentially is the simple throwback combined with the current set's most elaborate designs brought down to their simplest forms. Plus gradients.

I'm surprised the initial reaction is so negative, TBH.

2 hours ago, moratorias said:

These were seen on the Dirty Bird Nation Facebook group.

Helmet has a HUGE falcon with chrome face mask. Red jersey has a gradient to black on the bottom. Looks like there are only black and white pants options, maybe there’s a red? Helmet is still black, but looks matte instead of glossy.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Slightly better than what they have now, but absolute bottom feeding rubbish

Awful. 

Anything from 1966-2002 is better than this

I see there is a real Falcon logo on one of the jerseys. That's good at least

6 minutes ago, king_mahalo said:

I’m glad to see teams be creative and push some boundaries

Pushing boundaries is not a virtue in and of itself.

"exhale..."  Well, at least the 1960's/1990's Fauxback is staying. Huzzah?

But the rest? It's utter trash.

Here are my thoughts in Office Gifs

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I guess it depends on the rest of the number set, but I do like the font. (I mean I like a few numbers from the digital alarm clock font TB had). The front is still to be determined, but I do like the white and black jerseys. The side panels aren't great, and the gradient is awful. Like truly awful. I don't mind the oversized logo, it looks a little toned down like the Bucs new oversized logo, but the chrome facemask is a little out of place. I would like to see a chrome/silver facemask for someone. But neither team that (will) has used them, looked good. I mean even a team like Dallas, or the Patriots could pull it off a little better than the Falcons or the Bucs. It seems like they tried to shoehorn the color silver into the set, and it really doesn't fit...

I think it’s safe to say if left up to Nike they would never use normal pant stripes again.They either go with slashes or inserts or stripeless pants unless the team says we want traditional pants stripes. 

5 more years. We'll get a "we've listened to the fans" type press release somewhere around year 2 or 3 of this abomination

2025 the Falcons will have a Browns type epiphany and will go back to solid, traditional, and lasting. But rest assured these clownsuits, while not even formally introduced, are on the way out. And yes they're already prepping the "bUt ThEy'Re AlL sOlD oUt nEw UnI's aRe FyRe bRo!" bile. Right sure. The Sabres and Isles vomited up the same crap for their abominations

5 years and they're history

Someone in that Nike board room literally said:

hey

you know what'd be fire?

SIDE PANELS!

The more I look at them the more I’m getting Seahawks vibes i.e. they’re going to push the mono-color look hard. 

Honestly these aren't nearly as bad as what Nike and teams with poor taste are capable of producing (looking at you Titans, Jags, Bucs) but these will look extremely dated in less than 6 years

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaa.

This is my favorite day. 

One interesting observation is that both the Falcons and the Bucs have stuck with the Vapor Untouchable. I remember there was speculation over whether some of these teams would debut a new Nike template since we’ve seen several new templates appear in college practices.

These do come across as what should have been done in 2003 instead of the Reebok disaster we’ve had for the past 17 years. I’m counting this as a win.

Nike, seems to have a fascination with a Chrome Facemask...

26 minutes ago, king_mahalo said:

There’s real people wearing the uniforms. So do you think those are paid actors or someone is just incredible at photoshop? 

I actually like the gradient jersey. Then again I liked Jacksonville’s gradient helmets. I’m all about weird new designs. Not every team needs to revert to a throwback, I’m glad to see teams be creative and push some boundaries. My biggest gripe is with the number font. Too blocky, and doesn’t look good on the road uniform. 

I think it’s one of the earlier copies. And from Someone at Nike. I’d be shocked if these are the real ones. 

Just now, Carasik said:

I think it’s one of the earlier copies. And from Someone at Nike. I’d be shocked if these are the real ones. 

And I'd be shocked if they weren't.

42 minutes ago, Carasik said:

I don’t know how much I believe this “leak”

I wouldn't want to believe them either.