Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

3 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

So I think our creative team was highly involved here in ATL. 

Really excited to see what she came up with.

she's a VP / CMO so... i wouldnt quite say she's part of the Creative Team. the C-Suite and ownership is who you expect to be involved in most of these things. add in fan and player input, this seems pretty standard process to me. which is frightening! LOL, but again, im trying to stay positive . let's hope for the best.

3 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

So a few things. First, I don't think that the logo is safe. I think its changing. Brett, Arthur's SVP and CCO for the ownership group, seem to imply that they're changing the logos too.

As far as the jerseys, and I don't even know if the NFL would allow this, but I think we're going soccer style with a 3rd that isn't just a recolor of the home/away. @BrandMooreArt might be able to share some insight on if this would even be possible. 

Personally I think the home/away are going to be something modern looking with the 3rd being a fauxback. 

i was thinking about this too, what will the alternate jersey look like? if it were me, i would start talking about what that alternate jersey should be early. do we go back to a black primary? then does that mean we go with a red helmet? so does that make our alternate the 60's throwback? 

they can go a lot of ways here and don't put it past Nike to introduce the unexpected. a silver helmet or something, you know? i wouldn't even make an attempt at guessing what they'll do here, i just hope they don't go backwards for the primarys; evolve the great primary uniform they already have :)

5 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

Is it me, or does the new one look like it uses a darker red? 

It does look like that.

37 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

she's a VP / CMO so... i wouldnt quite say she's part of the Creative Team. the C-Suite and ownership is who you expect to be involved in most of these things. add in fan and player input, this seems pretty standard process to me. which is frightening! LOL, but again, im trying to stay positive . let's hope for the best.

i was thinking about this too, what will the alternate jersey look like? if it were me, i would start talking about what that alternate jersey should be early. do we go back to a black primary? then does that mean we go with a red helmet? so does that make our alternate the 60's throwback? 

they can go a lot of ways here and don't put it past Nike to introduce the unexpected. a silver helmet or something, you know? i wouldn't even make an attempt at guessing what they'll do here, i just hope they don't go backwards for the primarys; evolve the great primary uniform they already have :)

Based on the wordmark alone, if it's the one going forward, I think that means a return to an earlier design as the primary look is out. 

Falcons design questions based on their history:

Helmet: Red or Black

Helmet: Stripe or Blank

Facemask: Black or White

Home Jersey: Red or Black

Road Numbers: Red or Black

Pants: White or Silver

Personally, I'd opt for plain-black helmet, white facemask, black home jersey, black road numbers, and white pants. 

14 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

Can we please get Zookie's picks for this weekends conference championship games?

I'll give it a try but Zookie is not the easiest prognosticator to work with. Last season, instead of picking just one treat which picked the game, she started using her paw to swipe both treats off the iPad. That's why she stopped making picks in the thread. I need to work with a cat who is not smarter than I am. I'll let you know as soon as I find one. Anyway, if I can get her to make single picks again, I'll post the results. 

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It does look like that.

Based on the wordmark alone, if it's the one going forward, I think that means a return to an earlier design as the primary look is out. 

what makes you think that? its still the same wordmark just.... NFL Creative’d 

I know it’s blasphemy around here but I do not like the red helmet/black jersey combo for the Falcons. It just feels unbalanced to me. 

Nobody cares what a guy on the internet thinks but I hope they keep the same color balance with black helmet/red jersey/white pants-simplify/clean up the current uniforms and add a black alt jersey and a pair of black pants to wear occasionally on the road (with red socks).  

I also don’t wanna see any trendy/gimmicky helmet finishes. The glossy black helmet is very sharp and understated.

40 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

I know it’s blasphemy around here but I do not like the red helmet/black jersey combo for the Falcons. It just feels unbalanced to me. 

Nobody cares what a guy on the internet thinks but I hope they keep the same color balance with black helmet/red jersey/white pants-simplify/clean up the current uniforms and add a black alt jersey and a pair of black pants to wear occasionally on the road (with red socks).  

I also don’t wanna see any trendy/gimmicky helmet finishes. The glossy black helmet is very sharp and understated.

Just out of curiosity, why do you feel red/black/white is unbalanced, and black/red/white is balanced? To me, it's just the opposite, with the darkest element in the center there's some balance but the current look is too top heavy.

Everyone says “they should update” this or “modernize” that - can someone articulate what that means? I kinda think it’s a lazy way of making a suggestion since it could mean something totally different to different people. 

3 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Everyone says “they should update” this or “modernize” that - can someone articulate what that means? 

"I want it to be a thing that I like instead of a thing I don't."

Based on the use of "new uniforms" and the fact that current logo is placed at the end of the "tease" video, I'd say the logo is staying put. Given that, I hope for something modern...not gaudy like Tampa, but maybe more along the lines of Miami, Houston or the Jets. Going with the current logo on the 1960s-1980s uniforms would look odd to me.

I'd like to see an update of the old logo...with the bird at a slight angle so the second wing shows a bit (like the 2 horns on the Vikings logo).

20 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Just out of curiosity, why do you feel red/black/white is unbalanced, and black/red/white is balanced? To me, it's just the opposite, with the darkest element in the center there's some balance but the current look is too top heavy.

Honestly I just think it looks weird and I don’t really have a good reason beyond that because I love this:

spacer.png

but I also love this look:

spacer.png

Although I think it would looks better with navy socks. 

I guess either color distribution works for me but on a case-by-case basis. I don’t have very many hard and fast rules when it comes to uniforms, I like what I like.

56 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

I think updating the Vick era 90s set would be the best approach here. That’s the best the team has ever looked.

Young'ns...lol. Y'all do know that look was around long before Vick, right? Heck, some of us still call it the Glanville-era uniform--and if you don't know why, trust me, you're a jit. 😄

Based on other "bird" teams the Swooshkateers have gotten their claws on, I'm expecting something more along the lines of Oregon but in black and red (and chrome, or some reflective type silver--I just keep seeing that for some reason). If done right, it might not be too bad. But then again, the Seahawks, so...