Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gradient jersey is really bad. One of the worst in the league. But I feel like if that jersey was removed from the set and we looked strictly at the black and white jerseys (the rumored primary sets), we’d be saying that this new uniform is simply boring. Similar to how the Bucs pewter set is awful but everyone is focused on the return to their classic design.

The helmet logo is a touch bigger but not Bucs level huge. The matte (or satin?) finish is different but relatively harmless. We’re still not clear if the facemask is chrome (would be disappointing) but it would be decent if it were regular silver or a satin finish silver. The new stripe isn’t abstract like the Titans underarm panel or the old Bucs pants stripe. There aren’t any hideous elements like “BROWNS” breaking up a stripe down the length of the leg. The cumulative design decisions they made resulted in a uniform that is neither as good as it could be but are also not awful. It’s just bland overall. If they stick to a few combinations (black/white, black/black, white/white, white/black) then I think it will look fine for the most part. Just stay away from that gradient set.

Also, I’ll chime in with one last thought while these are the only leaks to go off of: I think our opinions are skewed based off of the combinations presented. If these leaked photos showed the black jersey paired with white pants, the white jersey with black pants, or contrasting socks, then I think our opinion of them would be a bit different. I’m holding out hope that the 4/14 reveal shows that to be an option.

These look like the lovechild of the Broncos and the gradient Hawks uniforms. The yoga pants look will get tired very quickly, and the helmet is a huge downgrade. The giant ATL sealed the deal about this being  a downgrade over the last set, which while it had its problems, at least really nailed the color balance and IMO had one of the best custom fonts in the league. There was a way to do modern without letting Nike go wild on these.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

33 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Cincinnati still exists

The Bengals have awesome helmets but bad fonts and dated panels. Still better than huge two tones gimmicky swords, random blobs of color, worst font in the NFL, cheap looking helmets and also huge helmet logo, matte helmet paired with a silver mask, horrible huge number font with side shadows, gradients, huge stupid ATL mark on the front and most probably 99% color rush looks with monochrome and non-contrasting socks... As for the Rams I'd say there's no way they end up any decent considering the way they reacted to the logos unveiling.

7 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Is Atlanta Falcons football considered an 'essential' or 'life sustaining' business?  Are they not enforcing social distancing in Atlanta?  Is there no 'stay at home' orders?

Someone said it before, but the SEC states are going to prolong this thing.

I'm already in a bad mood about the Falcons uniforms and have never yelled at someone on these boards before so here it goes: 

You don't know WHEN these photos were taken. Also, you probably saw that graphic that showed people in the south were still traveling 6+ miles from home well after others stopped -- but that is because many people in the south are miles away from essential goods and services. 

Before I go back on topic I just wanted to point this out and kindly tell you to f--- off with this nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Something about this leak is fishy and I can't quite put my finger on it...

If this is an elaborate week late April Fool's joke by the Falcons, LOL

IT. IS. NOT. AN. ELABORATE. JOKE. IT. IS. NEVER. AN. ELABORATE. JOKE.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

*SIGH*

Okay, so... I need to see better pics before I go full on ballistic about these, but the leaks aren't promising. The side panels suck. The number font would be fine if not for the side shadow, even if it's overally complex. I need more pics of the helmet before I can truly bash or like it. THAT RED ALTERNATE SHOULD BE BURNED AND NEVER SEE A FOOTBALL FIELD. 

Oh well, let's see if the Falcons actually wait till the 14th or thanks to these leaks, they just drop them on us. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

21 minutes ago, MDGP said:

IT. IS. NOT. AN. ELABORATE. JOKE. IT. IS. NEVER. AN. ELABORATE. JOKE.

I want to believe it’s a joke or a work too but sadly it never is. These owners and design firms need to stop listening to *fire emoji* Twitter 

47 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I'm already in a bad mood about the Falcons uniforms and have never yelled at someone on these boards before so here it goes: 

You don't know WHEN these photos were taken. Also, you probably saw that graphic that showed people in the south were still traveling 6+ miles from home well after others stopped -- but that is because many people in the south are miles away from essential goods and services. 

Before I go back on topic I just wanted to point this out and kindly tell you to f--- off with this nonsense. 

Just a reminder — if you’re going to yell on the internet PLEASE USE ALL CAPS.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

Something about this leak is fishy and I can't quite put my finger on it...

If this is an elaborate week late April Fool's joke by the Falcons, LOL

In one of the pictures at the bottom, you can see a little bit of paper that says "SHOOT DAY SCHEDULE" with a schedule on it.

36 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

Forgive me if it has been shown already. Lots of messages today. But oh no

A previous Twitter post had someone claiming to have been hiding this picture for weeks, only leaking now that other images are out, does that confirm this is real? 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

6 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Granted we can only see so much, so I’m not going to call this a failure quite yet. But I’m wondering to myself, how is it that this (so far) already looks dated by 6-7 years to me? I can’t put my finger on why, but it something about it looks circa early 2010’s. They could’ve done much worse, but this isn’t promising so far.

It looks dated by nearly 20 years...

I wanna give it time to fully get unveiled, but i really liked their current set. 

I don't hate this that much yet..(although solid colored socks is one the worst things Nike's introduced imo - the white bottoms were an NFL staple and completed the look to me...and made it even cooler when detroit did wear solid socks on thanksgivingbuthatsneitherherenorthere)

I think it's a downgrade but i do actually like the ATL on the chest, it doesn't appear to be nearly as large as everyone is making it out to be, and ATL is synonymous with Atlanta, I'd compare it to LA or NYC. It's not like ORL, or even something like Houston that has an ongoing HOU v HTX debate. 

(I know it's not saying much, but) From the leaks i'd put it above the Cardinals, Bengals, Titans, I'd have it a little higher but i have faith that the rest of the redesigns this offseason will be upgrades ala TB. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Archived