Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

7 hours ago, Chawls said:

The problem with the red jersey is that, because of the gradient, it can only be worn with black pants. At least with the cohesive red side stripe on the black and white jerseys, The black and white pants can be switched out. So we can see black jersey/black pants, black jersey/white pants, white jersey/white pants, white jersey/black pants.

I do look forward to seeing the black jersey/white pants combo again. 

Until they pull out the gradient black to red/white pants lol 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, IceCap said:

This is shaping up to be Jags '13 or Bucs '14 bad.

Not sure if they could be. They only have 2 main colors that go with basically everything. The Bucs and Jags tried to jam way too many colors and outlines into their uniforms 

My two cents:

(Subject to change after official reveal)

I'm not against custom number fonts, and I believe some are superior to others. I really like how these numbers match the wordmarks. Really feels cohesive. They aren't bad by any means. They do definitely seem a little on the larger side, but I don't see anything bad about that.

I really like the cohesiveness this entire set has. Everything can mix and match (or so it appears). Should get some nice combos. I really like the idea of having a red, black, and white jersey. Not entirely sold on the side panels though.

Interesting that it appears they're keeping the throwbacks. So they will have 4 jerseys? Without what appears to be a color rush? Interesting

I really dig the matte helmet. It looks like it'll fit right in with the look they're going for. Big fan of the grey face mask

Now, the gradient... While in theory I feel like I should hate everything about this, I am intrigued as to how this actually looks on the field. The photos do not make it seem as bad as the term "gradient jersey" would make it seem. The change from red to black seems much more gentle than the shift from black to gold on the jags helmet was (which was my biggest complaint of that helmet). I am going to withhold judgement on those until I see them in action/better photos.

at the very least, I think the white and black jerseys seem very clean from the back. Can't wait to see the entire uniform

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

I never thought I'd miss the uniforms the Falcons have just retired. Obviously, I understand that we have to see the full uniforms to get a proper look at them but personally, I've seen enough. In my opinion, these are downright awful. I have a funny feeling that the Falcons may just eventually do what the Browns did with their Color Rush uniform this past season and eventually make their throwback the home uniform until these guys can finally burn these uniforms to absolute oblivion.

My only positive take on the new uniforms is the number font. Since it's based from the refreshed wordmark, it definitely give a feeling of, as Rick Allen would put it, "aggressive goes around". I'm also glad that there will be a regular black uniform on the set, so that it would have a slight distinction with the Bucs.

I do like the simplicity so far in general, but the jersey side panels should've been removed and the pants striping should've gone to a thicker route, like putting a thin red tapered stripe on a thicker black side panel on the white pants, and doing the same, but in reverse (thin black over thick red) on the black pants.

I somehow like the red gradient jerseys, but like what others have said, they should've gone with solid red.

One final thing, the 2019 helmet should've been retained. Not a fan of enlarging the decal and making the facemask silver/grey.

The helmet is the least of the critique here.

Number Font = abysmal

ATL = horrific

Angled side panel/pant stripe = fiasco

Gradient = worse than Carole f’ing Baskin

Complete and utter debacle.  Stunned that it’s this bad.  This is some nightmarish Arena League horse:censored:.

Why do the Falcons insist on shoehorning silver into the logo/helmet. The silver facemask actually makes me angry. There still isn’t any silver in the rest of the damn uniform yet they made the logo and helmet more silver...wtf?

6 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Pulling a Jets 2019 and putting their city name above the number

Not even their city name, a city nickname instead. I know "ATL" is well-known but this is as bad as when the Phoenix Suns had "PHX". City nicknames or codes are never a good idea as a wordmark on a uniform. 

10 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Probably the players who had the most input in these designs 

So that's why they look like they a Pop Warner team. Letting the players design the uniforms is never a good idea. Players have remarkably poor taste and they don't think about the uniform's need to last long term. Chad Johnson helped design the Bengals current uniforms. He hasn't played for the team since 2010. They looked remarkably 2004 when they released the uniforms and they look remarkably 2004 now. That's why you don't let players design the uniforms. 

That gradient uniform is already 20 years dated. 

I give these 5 years with an announcement in year 3 that they'll be changing as soon as they're allowed. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

14 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Lol.. Copied? That's over the top. Please see the entire set first, with their designated combinations. I personally think the black over white is the default Home, and it definitely is an upgrade. We're in the 2020s now, everyone can't just revert back to their 60s uniforms. 

They shouldn't revert to questionable trends from 10-20 years ago, either.

Word in the other thread is that these are one of the prototypes (because the name/number is just FALCONS 20) and may or may not be the design that was selected.

Maybe chill out for now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think these have the foundation for a really nice modern set. Only changes I would make:

1. Black facemask

2. Eliminate ATL (either leave blank, or go with smaller Falcons wordmark like previous set)

3. No gradient on red jersey

Everything else looks really good in my opinion.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Archived