Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy.  

The white on white is OK... except for the giant ATL.  Jesus that really kills it.  Whoever compared it to an arena team is right.

There are good things going on here - things that are like "Beta" or v1 type ideas that could be refined into really nice design elements later.  It's just that maybe they should have been tried in the XFL or AFL first.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Small thing. The face mask definitely doesn’t look chrome, almost looks like a pale silver instead of true chrome but yikes these look worse than what the leaks had for told. The gradient on the red is a lot

higher than what I thought it would be and the ATL on all 3 uniforms is a huge mistake. The throwback unis are the best of the bunch in this case. 

They only thing they got right was the throwback. There is not one individual element of this set that works: the number font is garish; the ATL is ridiculous; the gradient!; the matte helmet on its own not be horrible, but paired with a chrome facemask and the uniforms of a low-rent arena football league, they just don't work. 

The team picture on bottom

of website does show red pants with white jersey which looks nice, as well as the new black jersey with white pants. I think if they keep it Black/White, White/black or red it’ll look ok, otherwise this ain’t it.

Terrible. Just terrible. What the hell is up with the GIANT wordmark? Cleveland did this and the Jets. Are you that insecure about your uniform that you think no one would know what team that is?

They pose right next to the throwbacks, just to piss you off more. That’s the one everyone wanted as a main primary and they poop out this garbage. What a massive L. Should’ve stuck with the Reebok look. 

XM4KeeA.png

1 minute ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Somebody explain the hate for the ATL wordmark on the front please. Because as a native son of the ATL I don't understand the hate. It seems like a natural fit. 

I think it's not just that it's ATL, i think it's because it just doesn't look great the way they did it. I don't have an issue with it on Hawks jerseys or in other applications, but here its like, well just spell it out then.

The thing about this set is that fixing that and removing the gradient would  make these so much better

Archived