BlazerBlaze

Falcons New Unis 2020

I like the helmet but it ends there.

1 minute ago, CreamSoda said:

That number font is awful.  It’s the primary design aspect of a football jersey and they really messed it up.  

Agree 1000%.

I like the helmet. I know it’s not for everyone, but I feel it’s executed well.

The rest of the set, except the throwback, should be thrown in a dumpster and lit on fire. And then that fire will be far more enjoyable to look at.

Obviously most, if not all of us are in agreement that this is a hot mess.  That said, the Black/White and White/Black combos on the far left are the best of the "new" bunch.  If someone twisted my arm and said I had to choose from all the new combos (sans throwback), that's what I'm picking for Sundays.  I just can't believe that something this amateur can actually get approved in today's day and age.  Disappointing to say the least, especially because you're dealing with an identity which, for all intents and purposes, should be pretty easy to knock out of the park.

spacer.png

Now that we have everything.... the helmet doesn't bug me that much. I actualy like the finish here, and while I don't think the bigger logo was needed, it's not bad... the worst part is the facemask for me. 

My main question besides the mis-steps already spoken about by others in here and myself (side panels, giant ATL on front, side shadow on the numbers, etc.): WHY WOULD YOU MAKE RED PANTS? THEY GO WITH NOTHING ELSE HERE. 

The Falcons should, in theory, be hard to mess up. But they did it, man. 

The Bucs saw the error of their ways and have a simple, beautifully executed home and road look (I'm ignoring the colour rush pewter).

Meanwhile the Falcons had a tremendous base to use either with throwbacks or previous red colour rush and completely screwed it up.

Assuming the Browns actually go traditional which would be to most peoples liking...anyone else scared witless what the Pats, Chargers & Rams will produce?

I feel like with a few tweaks, this uniform won't be the worst in the league.

falcons-21432.png

1 minute ago, Brummie said:

The Bucs saw the error of their ways and have a simple, beautifully executed home and road look (I'm ignoring the colour rush pewter).

Meanwhile the Falcons had a tremendous base to use either with throwbacks or previous red colour rush and completely screwed it up.

Assuming the Browns actually go traditional which would be to most peoples liking...anyone else scared witless what the Pats, Chargers & Rams will produce?

Someone on the NFL Changes thread said that the Rams and Falcons would look bad. But everyone else had a good change. I’m excited to see what the Chargers do 

Yeah these... these are historically bad. Yikes.

Posted (edited)

Just some of my issues with the uniforms: 

• They wanted to incorporate grey, but completely botched it.  You could have rolled out grey pants to tie that color into the full scheme and would have had a much better result.  If nothing else, if you're going to do a red set of pants, you might as well do grey too. 
  • The number font is....awful. 
  • I don't mind ATL under the collar, but why does it have to be the size of a billboard? 
  • SOCKS!  Just use normal two toned football socks and each look is marginally repaired (to a certain extent, it's still trash). 
  • The piping on the side just is not creative at all.  You have such a good opportunity to come up with something clever with the design of the logo, and that's what you roll out? 
  • Gradients are trash 
  • The white uni, if worn with the black socks and black undershirt, probably wouldn't be as terrible.  But there's no reason to roll out storm trooper bodies for a football game. 
  • The finish on the helmet sucks.  Leave that crap to college football.  It works for some identities, not for this one IMO. 

Kinda just wish the Chargers would roll out later today to make us happy again.  THIS PLACE IS A SEASAW OF EMOTIONS.

Edited by kutztown
misspoke

10 minutes ago, kutztown said:

Obviously most, if not all of us are in agreement that this is a hot mess.  That said, the Black/White and White/Black combos on the far left are the best of the "new" bunch.  If someone twisted my arm and said I had to choose from all the new combos (sans throwback), that's what I'm picking for Sundays.  I just can't believe that something this amateur can actually get approved in today's day and age.  Disappointing to say the least, especially because you're dealing with an identity which, for all intents and purposes, should be pretty easy to knock out of the park.

spacer.png

White jersey with red side panels paired with red pants with black stripes is an abomination!

I just don't understand. The Falcons could've taken the laziest possible route, and promoted their fauxback uniform, promoted their Color Rush uniform, and designed a white jersey based on those, and would've come out looking 100x better than this.

Literally the only positive I have for this is that their main jersey color is black again, but that's only a positive because I'm biased towards the color black. And if they wear white pants with that jersey, the color balance is passable for me. If they wear mono-black like the Saints love doing (an ironic team to imitate, btw), then forget it. Mono-black in general is trash. Mono-black in an indoor stadium - usually indoor, anyway - even more-so. There are some mono's that I've seen in recent years that I feel actually work well; the Broncos and Chargers Color Rush looks come to mind, but most non-white ones don't work and none of those Falcons ones are any exception.

Helmet front bumper? Perfect place for ATL.

Front of the jersey? Absolutely not. 

7 minutes ago, Brummie said:

Be scared for the Rams. For the rest? Be optimistic.

On 2/26/2020 at 9:52 AM, canzman said:

Chargers, Pats, Browns, Bucs, Colts. I liked...

Rams and Falcons not so much

Oh, and it says "Falcons" in full on the inside collar.

You have got to be joking. 

19 minutes ago, bowld said:

spacer.png

>