Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

1 minute ago, simtek34 said:

Be scared for the Rams. The rest, have optimism.

So you're saying there's a chance for happiness? I'll take it. Lord knows we need optimism after this.

I assume when the Falcons are using the flame emoji on social media to describe the uniforms its to represent a dumpster fire?!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Brummie said:

The Bucs saw the error of their ways and have a simple, beautifully executed home and road look (I'm ignoring the colour rush pewter).

Meanwhile the Falcons had a tremendous base to use either with throwbacks or previous red colour rush and completely screwed it up.

Assuming the Browns actually go traditional which would be to most peoples liking...anyone else scared witless what the Pats, Chargers & Rams will produce?

I think the Falcons will be the most "out there" redesign this offseason. While everyone seems ready to jump off a ledge, these really aren't that terrible. The Falcons have always been a team to take risks and go modern. I mean their stadium is basically a giant metal bird nest right? We shouldn't really have to worry about any of the other teams looking like this. I think most of them will be either evolutions of current looks (Chargers) or reverting back to traditional looks (Browns, Pats). But we all know the Browns will somehow find a way to screw this up.

Hopefully the Falcons leak teaches the rest of the teams a lesson. Just release your s*** now and avoid a rushed release at 8am in the morning. There's really no reason to keep delaying it.

1 minute ago, Brummie said:

So you're saying there's a chance for happiness? I'll take it. Lord knows we need optimism after this.

I assume when the Falcons are using the flame emoji on social media to describe the uniforms its to represent a dumpster fire?!

There is a difference.

With the Falcons, people were expecting an improvement over their previous set, and thought it was common logic that SURELY the new falcons uniforms would actually be better.

With the Rams, I think everyone is expecting them to be total crap and for now the bar eveyone has them at is very very low.

8 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Everything is telling me to dislike the ATL on the chest... but I kind of like it. 

I wouldn't mind it so much if it were about 71.7% smaller...

55 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Official video

47 minutes ago, CrookedThumb said:

Gallery on the team website also shows a red pant option.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/photos/new-drip-atlanta-falcons-unveil-new-uniforms

I totally called that--and the fact that they released these today. 

44 minutes ago, BlazerBlaze said:

Somebody explain the hate for the ATL wordmark on the front please. Because as a native son of the ATL I don't understand the hate. It seems like a natural fit. 

Current design trends, my friend. More specifically, in this present age, oversized design elements, such as the helmet logos that Nike went ballistic with in CFB and now has found its way via the same influence into the NFL--along with oversized stripes and wordmarks. I didn't think it'd be possible to out-Cleveland Cleveland, but the Falcs just out-Clevelanded Cleveland. That's an accomplishment. 

That to the side... don't expect anyone not from the ATL (or from down south in general) to understand the somewhat tribal connection we have with reppin' where we from with nicknames and area codes.  Some do get it, but for those who don't,  it'd take too long to explain. 

28 minutes ago, bbush24 said:

As if the regular yoga pants look wasn't bad enough...we now have high-waisted yoga pants.

spacer.png

I feel like the marketing speak for these red jerseys is going to be something along the lines of "our Falcon red rises up from the black, reflecting the energy and attitude of our team slogan, 'Rise Up', just as our city arose from the ashes with the spirit of the phoenix" or some bullcorn like that. 

28 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

The worst part of this :censored: might be the title. New drip? What the :censored:...

Again, it'd take too long to explain it thoroughly, so I'll just refer you (and anyone else curious) to urbandictionary.com

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

37 minutes ago, _J_ said:

Look, I really liked the jerseys these are replacing, but fully understand how and why people hated them.

They look AMAZING compared to this, mess, that is replacing them.

Exactly I didn't like what they had before but I didn't hate as much as other people. I actually loved the font. Would have been perfect if they just simplified their current uniforms. 

I really don't like the pants and socks being the same color. I think players like it because a lot of them wear their pants over the knee cap with tights underneath. Having it all one color doesn't draw attention to that fact but I think its better to keep the knickers look. 

I generally like the idea that the uniform should change color when it shifts into a different fabric. For example I like hockey uniforms with contrasting breezers (Habs, 'Hawks, Rangers...). It's good to emphasize the particularities of the uniform as clothing rather than try to shoehorn it into a single style. 

2 minutes ago, Buc said:

I feel like the marketing speak for these red jerseys is going to be something along the lines of "our Falcon red rises up from the black, reflecting the energy and attitude of our team slogan, 'Rise Up', just as our city arose from the ashes with the spirit of the phoenix" or some bullcorn like that. 

Cracking up because the Falcons have a "BEHIND THE DESIGN" video on their website and that's almost verbatim what they said 🤣

Well that's the one good thing about hard leaks: they sometimes lead to a full reveal...

And...oh wow.  The Gradient Red-to-Black  has turned the Yoga Pants look into High-Waisted Yoga Pants.  oh wow does it look bad from afar, which is HOW EVERYONE WILL BASICALLY BE SEEING THEM.  My god they are tone deaf. 

The ATL i can deal with because that's become Atlanta's thing at this point but why is it so damn huge?!

Just...ouch.  This is rough for Falcon fans.  Can easily see which jersey will be the popular one.  I'll give you a hint: it's not any of the new ones and rhymes with "Mow Mack"

Typing this out now.  I'm....i'm seriously wondering if this is "All Part of the Plan"

Roll Out new, controversial design with all sorts of garbage elements meant to test the waters
Deal with 5 years of gauging feedback while at the same time, raking in the profits of people who buy the jerseys because it's the current look

Release jersey meant to seem like a "correction" that forces people who bought the garbage look to now buy new new jerseys again, and the team is praised for correcting the "mistake" and more people buy the correction.

Profits made all around

Makes you wonder why teams that have made almost no changes to their uniforms like the Packers or Bears don't hop on.....oh wait they always sell merch and jerseys...

1 hour ago, kutztown said:

spacer.png

How much time still need to take when they finally learn that big wordmarks didn't work on football jerseys? They looks ridiculous on Jets, they looks ridiculous in NCAA and on Falcons they also looks ridiculous

Small tweaks might save these uniforms and I hope they do them in near future.

Big thumb up for throwback.

4r2eer.png

Atlanta Falcons Unveil New Uniforms Ahead Of Schedule Following Leaks

April 8, 2020 - 14:08 PM

Though they originally intended to unveil their new uniforms on April 14, the Atlanta Falcons did so early Wednesday morning after an unexpected leak revealed the look a week early. This marks the first uniform redesign for the Falcons in […]

Read More...

Archived