Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

35 minutes ago, Buc said:

Young'ns...lol. Y'all do know that look was around long before Vick, right? Heck, some of us still call it the Glanville-era uniform--and if you don't know why, trust me, you're a jit. 😄

Based on other "bird" teams the Swooshkateers have gotten their claws on, I'm expecting something more along the lines of Oregon but in black and red (and chrome, or some reflective type silver--I just keep seeing that for some reason). If done right, it might not be too bad. But then again, the Seahawks, so...

Maybe you keep seeing it because it exists haha

spacer.png

I’d be shocked if that’s not super close to what we get, and personally I think it’s a great combo and balance of red black and silver, where often two of those colors will over power the third resulting in a drab look as another poster on here said before. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Everyone says “they should update” this or “modernize” that - can someone articulate what that means? I kinda think it’s a lazy way of making a suggestion since it could mean something totally different to different people. 

"I don't know, all this stuff going on..."

I really don’t care if they go with black or red as the primary jerseys, but black helmets are 100% the way to go. As @8BW14 said, the red helmet with black jerseys just looks a bit odd and unbalanced.

Personally, I’d like to see them try and use stripes based on the logo. Shameless self-plug from my NFL concept thread:

On 5/9/2019 at 3:22 AM, jn8 said:

alK5P9N.jpg

AVnGqiF.jpg

Ok, I’ll bite

Helmet: Black

Helmet: Black

Facemask: White

Home Jersey: Red 

Road Numbers: Red

Pants: White or black 

Personally I think that the now defunct uniforms had the best color balance of  any Falcons look. Would like to see the red jersey/black pants combo make the occasional appearence.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

3 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I'd like to see an update of the old logo...with the bird at a slight angle so the second wing shows a bit (like the 2 horns on the Vikings logo).

Thank you for describing what you mean by "update"!    I disagree though - the old logo is iconic in a way that few are.  I'd hate for it to come back but not - like the BiG or Pacman logo.  I'd love to see it again... but then even more high schools would steal it.

2 hours ago, jn8 said:

I really don’t care if they go with black or red as the primary jerseys, but black helmets are 100% the way to go. As @8BW14 said, the red helmet with black jerseys just looks a bit odd and unbalanced.

Personally, I’d like to see them try and use stripes based on the logo. Shameless self-plug from my NFL concept thread:

That's a really good idea.  Needs a little work, but conceptually it's great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't remember who said it first or in which thread, either this or the main NFL one, but I think these new Falcons jerseys might have sharp angle striping.

Compare the Jets jerseys to the red striping in the Falcons logo. I just think the pointed striping could be Nike's new fad and it'll represent "the wings of a falcon" or "the flight path of a falcon swooping in on its prey" in Nike speak.

5ca6bd3277584e783f4ce6c4-960-720.jpg

299.png

IbjBaeE.png

8 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I hope they tweak the logo to make it more like an actual falcon shape and less like a space ship. More like the original. The whole trying to make the bird an F is too forced. 

FalconsProgress.jpg

I like that too.  It'd need a white or silver keyline if it is to go on a black helmet (presuming that's what they're going with.)

Now that I've been staring at it for a few minutes, I've come to hate the current one.  At first glance it looks like a bird, but if you stare at it, it's all kinds of messed up.  The shapes give me a headache - like where the bottom three feathers come to a black point, and where that connects to the second-from-top feather.  Jesus that's bad.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Buc said:

Young'ns...lol. Y'all do know that look was around long before Vick, right? Heck, some of us still call it the Glanville-era uniform--and if you don't know why, trust me, you're a jit. 😄

Based on other "bird" teams the Swooshkateers have gotten their claws on, I'm expecting something more along the lines of Oregon but in black and red (and chrome, or some reflective type silver--I just keep seeing that for some reason). If done right, it might not be too bad. But then again, the Seahawks, so...

True, but the red numbers and socks on the road came in with Dan Reeves in 1997, and I think those make all the difference in the world for that set. 

28 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I hope they tweak the logo to make it more like an actual falcon shape and less like a space ship. More like the original. The whole trying to make the bird an F is too forced. 

FalconsProgress.jpg

I love the old school logo, but how in the world does that look like a falcon?

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

FalconsProgress.jpg

The problem is your version doesn't look like an F which has been the key component to the design of the Falcons logo forever.

bSLCtu2.png

I don’t think it needs an F.  I’m not fond of a letter being formed out the logo it represents.  In other words, a “Falcon” forming an “F” is redundant.  If it formed an “A,” it would be more valuable to the logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Thank you for describing what you mean by "update"!    I disagree though - the old logo is iconic in a way that few are.  I'd hate for it to come back but not - like the BiG or Pacman logo.  I'd love to see it again... but then even more high schools would steal it.

This might just be me being obtuse, but it took me a long time to pick up on the motion in the original.  I saw the wing, but thought it was more of an abstract rendering...that’s why I want an update that makes it more obvious.  That said, robo-falcon doesn’t show the motion well, either...I’d take the original back if offered.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

31 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The problem is your version doesn't look like an F which has been the key component to the design of the Falcons logo forever.

None of the versions look like Fs to me. In fact, every time someone on here brings it up I think, "oh, yeah... that's supposed to be a thing" and then immediately forget all about it again.

What letter is it supposed to be on the opposite side of the helmet?

Archived