Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, L10nheart404 said:

Take the tampon out bro

So first, consider this a warning that misogynistic comments aren't really tolerated here. 

Secondly, you're not one to be tossing out "chill out" sort of comments considering you've spent most of this thread since the leak going after anyone with a negative opinion 😛

I’ve come around on them after seeing them on the players. They aren’t good but neither were the last set. I actually think the helmet is gorgeous. Scale down the font of the ATL and the numbers and it’s perfectly passable. Other than the red one obviously 

2 hours ago, justen said:

Not a fan of airport / city 3 letter representation of teams. The jerseys themselves are better but just not a fan on monochromactic looks

People in Georgia call Atlanta "The ATL" almost as much as people call Los Angeles "LA". I don't like how big the wordmark on the front is (or the numbers), but having the 3 letters is justified in this case.

I hated the Seahawks uniforms when they were first revealed. I still feel that there's too much going on. But...over the course of time, they've certainly grown on me. I can see these uniforms being that way for some. But ultimately, some people will never like them..that's fine.

The more I look at them the more I like them. I’ve never liked their new logo, I think it’s way too busy and has too many outlines IMO. If the nfl is moving away from the sock rule that would be great and the Texans should wear all deep steel blue or liberty white socks all the time! The gradient is where it should be if it’s anywhere because the jags helmets were a total fail!  The main problems I had with the old set were the clown/jester shoulder caps and the pant stripes so this isn’t a horrible set just kinda a shocker to the traditionalists. 

1 hour ago, MattMill said:

I always felt NFL numbers were pretty standard, size wise. Will this lead to other teams following suit?

Ive been a huge critic of UA going with smaller than usual numbers. These feel like 2018 Oregon big, which Nike and OU fixed last year.  NFL numbers seemed perfect across the board. 

It’s as if these were in development for 3-4 years and they never derailed older trends that fell off. 

Just like with Miami dolphins, their throwback set should be their primary from the get go. 

All kinds of broken records being played today

3 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

All kinds of broken records being played today

If he's right he's right. 

Better get used to it though, because that same sentiment's coming out every time the Falcons bust out the throwback. 

I swear. Sometimes this place does overreact to things, sure. The reaction against the overreaction is always more annoying though. 

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I think as long as they wear the right combinations these will look clean, outside of the failed alternate uniform. 

I like them.

If by right combinations you mean all black and all white 90 percent of the time, you should be happy.

Because that's what they've going to do.

Just now, oldschoolvikings said:

If by right combinations you mean all black and all white 90 percent of the time, you should be happy.

Because that's what they've going to do.

Yeah you see this with every "modern" unveiling. 

"Hey it won't be so bad if they don't wear monochrome."

They always wear monochrome. All the time. 

2 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Better get used to it though, because that same sentiment's coming out every time the Falcons bust out the throwback. 

I swear. Sometimes this place does overreact to things, sure. The reaction against the overreaction is always more annoying though. 

*insert gif* 😉

My biggest gripe towards the overreactions is they all seem to be in tunnel vision focused at the gradient set, then it unnecessarily branches from there.

The new set is good, but not great. 

3 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Plus, “this board hates everything new” And “you guys just like to complain” are dumb people fallacies. Ive been around these parts for enough uniform unveilings to know that if it’s good, the overwhelming response will be positive. If it’s bad the overwhelming response will be negative. It’s actually pretty democratic.

And I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m not rooting for teams to introduce bad looks just so I get to trash it on this message board. I want the teams to look good. I don’t think these Falcons uniforms look good so I’m going to state that. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived