Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the gradient is one of the better features. Pants stripe is ok for a nontraditional idea.

I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere but the worst trend has got to be plain sleeves with the team logo slapped on.    Exactly like the cheapest tier Walmart knockoffs.    Not even a stripe or number.  Hope the Browns dont have little helmets on the sleeves instead of stripes

25 minutes ago, Hobogrish said:

All one color is the worst combos ever.  Black is the topper, you want your players to appear bigger not smaller, black males you look small.  Even all white bothers me, unless it is baseball.  Otherwise football uniforms should have offset pants to jerseys like the Raiders, Cowboys or Green Bay.  

There is not one I like, but that is my opinion that does not contrast that looks good. 

"Black males, you look small" - Hobogrish, 2020

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

The only things I truly hate about these uniforms are, the numbers, the gradient, and the fact that they are planning on wearing these monochrome most of the time. The thing is these are the 3 biggest things in the uniform so by extension makes the whole uniform look like crap.

34 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Yes....but you have to agree that there's also a certain rush to get in the pithiest comment and funniest observation or critique. And often the way you get there is by being outlandish. And negative is easier.

Eh...again, the Bucs' thread is mostly positive. By a wide margin. The Blue Jays' current look was almost universally praised when it came out. A LOT of people here were, and still are, down on the Vegas Golden Knights' very existence but pretty much everyone agrees that the uniforms were a home run. I seem to recall the Warriors getting a lot of love when they switched from the navy and orange Power Rangers set to their current look.

Heck, I remember something like this happening way back when I first joined. When the Minnesota Wild first unveiled their red alternates. It was around the time the Oilers unveiled their super futuristic robo sperm/oil drop/cog alternate. Most people didn't care for what the Oilers did, and there were some people going "you all hate anything new," ignoring the fact that the Wild's alternate was getting a lot of love.

I think Sport is more or less right. If something is good? It'll get praised. If something has its problems? It's going to get criticized. If you're in the minority of either group (ie you dislike something that's broadly popular or you like something that's broadly disliked) then it can seem like this place has a mob mentality, but that doesn't make it true. 

It's like what I said to someone who liked Napoleon Dynamite years ago. It's ok if you like something most people hate, but you're not doing anyone any favours by pretending that everyone else is just wrong. You're the minority opinion. Sometimes you have to own it. 

2 minutes ago, chakfu said:

Wow!!  And to top it off the facemask doesn't match!!  I feel ill...

Leave it to Ottawa to screw something like that up 😏

I find myself to be very optimistic and lenient about design in sports but my first impression of this Falcons uniform is that I don't like it. I usually can find things to like but I'm just not getting it right now. Maybe it's better on the field? Maybe I need to see it in Madden? I feel like the Jaguars and Buccaneers previous uniforms were better and more consistent than this.

I got it, the helmet, the lack of white on the black uniform and the large ATL are what is making this uniform not work for me.

bSLCtu2.png

28 minutes ago, chakfu said:

I think the gradient is one of the better features. Pants stripe is ok for a nontraditional idea.

I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere but the worst trend has got to be plain sleeves with the team logo slapped on.    Exactly like the cheapest tier Walmart knockoffs.    Not even a stripe or number.  Hope the Browns dont have little helmets on the sleeves instead of stripes

Hilarious: I just realized the stripes were removed with the Glanville black set, and even the TV numbers were gone that first year. Meanwhile this set does appear to have shoulder numbers.  Some annoying current trend!! But the sleeves still look plain.

52 minutes ago, chakfu said:

The laziness of repeating the helmet logo on the sleeve is worth noting.  It’s a nod to the jersey designed to be worn as fashion versus working in concert to helmet and other uniform elements.  The giant ATL above the number isn’t enough to distinguish as a Falcons jersey?  Logo if absolutely necessary could stand to not be a repeat of the helmet logo.

Missed opportunity, Falcons.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

10 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

“The gradient pattern rising from black to red offers a fresh representation of a city constantly on the rise through a visual pattern made from the eye in the Falcon logo.”

I just... What? 

"The gradient calls back to the view of the sky when Sherman burned the city to the ground" would have made more sense.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 1/14/2020 at 6:34 PM, simtek34 said:

Listen Falcons, Blanks, and Nike...

This...

This is it:

spacer.png

EDIT: Also, Cardinals and Bengals, please send in your Uniform Change forms before the 2021 window closes for all our sake. We might finally kill off the Reebok Piping era!

besides the red helmet what is unique about these? 

I personally love what we actually got. The throwbacks are decent but I’m definitely buying a red jersey and i’m not even a falcons fan

49 minutes ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

The laziness of repeating the helmet logo on the sleeve is worth noting.  It’s a nod to the jersey designed to be worn as fashion versus working in concert to helmet and other uniform elements.  The giant ATL above the number isn’t enough to distinguish as a Falcons jersey?  Logo if absolutely necessary could stand to not be a repeat of the helmet logo.

Missed opportunity, Falcons.

the old falcons jersey had the logo on the sleeve spacer.png

Just now, Reyes47 said:

The Atlanta Hawks do they same thing but i’ve never heard anyone complainspacer.png

How long have you been around here?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, ~Bear said:

Just when I thought these uniforms couldn't get any worse...the helmet is matte. I will never understand why someone thought that was a good idea. How the Falcons were able to downgrade their already-mediocre helmet is beyond me. 

How was their helmet mediocre? Besides the gray face mask and new logo it was exactly the same as the old black one

2 hours ago, ~Bear said:

However, the font still looks ridiculous with the dropshadows on just about every set, the giant "ATL" is corny, and the chrome facemask looks out of place (I'm not one for wanting every team to have a grey facemask. I think color facemasks can add a lot of pop and help a set feel more cohesive, i.e. Chargers' yellow facemask). I'm not even going to bring up the alternate. What an awful excuse for a football uniform.

I don’t see a problem with the font. It matches the rest of their branding. And plenty of teams use drop shadows like the NY Rangers or TX Rangers

2 hours ago, ~Bear said:

The Falcons had every opportunity here to use a classic set as a template for a modern update a la the Buccaneers (which did splendid and are easily the best uniform revamp since the Bills). Instead, we have another uniform set that somehow looks dated and too-modern at the same time with the Falcons fixing one thing (the piping) only to lead to more issues (helmet and just awful red jersey). I can't say I'm surprised, but I'm disappointed.

They did more or less update their classic look. Silver gray face mask with blocky numbers and sleeve logo

Archived