Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

How long have you been around here?

a while 

look i don’t see a problem with ATL. It’s their thing and pretty prominent. The Jags put JAX on their helmet bumper 

Personally i like it more than putting Atlanta because it takes up too much space

I think the red is my favorite because it’s so unique and reminds me of an NBA team i made in 2k a while back

10 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

a while 

look i don’t see a problem with ATL. It’s their thing and pretty prominent. The Jags put JAX on their helmet bumper 

Personally i like it more than putting Atlanta because it takes up too much space

I think the red is my favorite because it’s so unique and reminds me of an NBA team i made in 2k a while back

When you say "i don't hear anyone complaining" then that implies that you were around when the Hawks uniforms came out.  Based on your join date, that's not the case. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, those Hawks unis got a LOT of hate.

34 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

How was their helmet mediocre? Besides the gray face mask and new logo it was exactly the same as the old black one

The new helmet has a satin finish. Which is a step down compared to the old gloss look.

17 minutes ago, Newport said:

Atlanta loves them.

Do they? The last guy to mention social media said that the reaction was, at best, lukewarm. I'm sure these new unis will sell just fine- all new unis do regardless of if they're good or not- but what metric do you have to say that Atlanta "loves" them?

17 minutes ago, Newport said:

As much as I don't like them, they represent Atlanta and that stadium well.

I swear this only came up when people were talking about whether or not the Cardinals should adopt a traditional look. Since when did "the team has to match the stadium" become a concern?

12 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Sadly these were designed for the crowd that goes "These are lit, so fire yo" and it looks like utter crap.

Here's the thing though: my generation (or at least the ones on twitter and instagram) think these are terrible. The numbers are clunky, the ATL is tacky, and they don't know how to make red pants. There's a united consensus that these are garbage.

I think if they’d simply released a black over white and a white over black set (without even the idea that they could be mixed and matched), most of us would applaud. Sure, we’d still question the font and the big numbers and (probably) the helmet changes.

But I think the overall opinion would have been B to B minus. Basically, that would have been an improvement over the last set that can be fixed.

But this seems like such a design mess, with all the options.

I think there’s two things that will be interesting to see, especially with all these combos:

1. Do they stick with mostly the two mono looks most of the time? So, over the season we see the gradients once, the throwbacks once, and each non-mono look once (so five weeks of non-mono with different sets to allow for the red pants once). I realize I’m ignoring sock options here.

or 

2. Do they really employ a mix and match style where they look different pretty much every week of the season.

There is a part of me that thinks the players will want the first choice, but that management and marketing would probably lean more towards the second choice.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the second winds up being what happens; I think that’s the trend in college that is likely coming to the NFL, maybe sooner rather than later or never. And, while I want to see alternative helmets, I think that just accelerates the trend.

59 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

besides the red helmet what is unique about these? 

I personally love what we actually got. The throwbacks are decent but I’m definitely buying a red jersey and i’m not even a falcons fan

So you give it 4 fire emojis then?

8 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

The Twins are weird one, doing the navy-red co-balance and navy-heavy throughout their history. Other than that, we largely don't see teams flip-flopping. Heck, @DavidDunn21 made a good point about this when describing Superman and Spider-Man's costumes.

If you haven't watched his stuff, go do it! He brings up so many good points.

Hey man thanks!

18 minutes ago, colortv said:

At this point you have to start wondering if the league/teams are purposefully introducing terrible uniforms in order to rebrand every 5 years and sell more new merch.

Planned obsolescence is not a new concept.  Apple does it, Nike does it, and Nike does it.  Even Nike does it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

I swear this only came up when people were talking about whether or not the Cardinals should adopt a traditional look. Since when did "the team has to match the stadium" become a concern?

Right about when people started not understanding that "brand synergy" doesn't mean literally every single thing needs to match perfectly.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

The new helmet has a satin finish. Which is a step down compared to the old gloss look

i disagree. I think the logo stands out more 

I just don’t get why people say the throwbacks are better when they’re so plain. If i erased the falcons logos from the helmet and sleeve they’d look like any team

Archived