Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Imho this is what Falcons need to tweak to have at least pretty decent home uniform + smaller numbers (credits to Canzman):

Ppz6xxi.jpg

or

jYV3yu6.jpg

This right here.  It's not a great uniform, but can definitely work. Small ATL, Smaller numbers, no side stripe on the jersey. NO gradient on the red. With a white, black, and red option on the pants with contrasting colored socks, no yoga pants. I'd prefer glossy helmet, but can live with the satin

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Oh, sweet, so there is a red sock option. It’s annoying how they’re matching pants to socks in most of these though. 

They look like they're wearing tights.  Is this football or ballet?

2 minutes ago, dbofox said:

This right here.  It's not a great uniform, but can definitely work. Small ATL, Smaller numbers, no side stripe on the jersey. NO gradient on the red. With a white, black, and red option on the pants with contrasting colored socks, no yoga pants. I'd prefer glossy helmet, but can live with the satin

Remove the number shadow and you have a deal.

They took 3 failed elements that other NFL team dropped and put it into this crap soup.

Why'd they stop there?  Why not have have a color-changing black helmet like Jags dropped, irradecent color-changing numbers, chrome watermark logos on the jersey or maybe some rhinestones.  Yeah, rhinestones everywhere.  Maybe some silver foil woven in.  Or glitter.  Let's go maximum pimpage.

19 minutes ago, Froob said:

I hope black on white is the primary look

It's not. They've already said black on black on black is primary.

Everybody might want to stop posting the "as long as they don't go monochrome too often these aren't bad" comment, because it seems pretty clear that, as of right now, monochrome black and monochrome white (including socks) is what they plan to do. 

14 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's not. They've already said black on black on black is primary.

Everybody might want to stop posting the "as long as they don't go monochrome too often these aren't bad" comment, because it seems pretty clear that, as of right now, monochrome black and monochrome white (including socks) is what they plan to do. 

That doesn't mean it can't eventually be switched to the black/white combo. Are people forgetting the red jersey from the previous set was actually introduced as the Alt? The all black from the previous set was only worn , because Vick broke his leg in the black over white combo, so they opted for the mono look instead.

18 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Yup, yup, and yup.  Our worst nightmare is EXACTLY what they think will look 4 fire emoji-licious.  

1 minute ago, L10nheart404 said:

That doesn't mean it can't eventually be switched to the black/white combo. Are people forgetting the red jersey from the previous set was actually introduced as the Alt? The all black from the previous set was only worn , because Vick broke his leg in the black over white combo, so they opted for the mono look instead.

True, they could, but it's hard to picture what would make them go that way. The players obviously prefer mono. I can think of more than a few examples where a uniform designed not to be mono ended up that way (slate blue Seattle, yoga pants Saints, navy Bills) but none where it went the other way.

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

True, they could, but it's hard to picture what would make them go that way. The players obviously prefer mono. I can think of more than a few examples where a uniform designed not to be mono ended up that way (slate blue Seattle, yoga pants Saints, navy Bills) but none where it went the other way.

That's fair, but if fans say they like the black over white more, they'll find more ways to wear them. The throwback jersey will most likely be worn twice, gradient once, and maybe twice for the home Alt. So all together, you'd be wearing the preferred Black/white combo (new&old) more than the all black. 

1 minute ago, L10nheart404 said:

That's fair, but if fans say they like the black over white more, they'll find more ways to wear them. The throwback jersey will most likely be worn twice, gradient once, and maybe twice for the home Alt. So all together, you'd be wearing the preferred Black/white combo (new&old) more than the all black. 

Look at the Saints, though. They seek input from the fans on twitter, which is where all the monochrome fans live. The fans they'll be consulting will like monochrome. 

6 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Look at the Saints, though. They seek input from the fans on twitter, which is where all the monochrome fans live. The fans they'll be consulting will like monochrome. 

Who the hell cares about the Saints and what they do? Obviously not the falcons lol.  I'm ok with all black, I actually like it when accented the right way. But I'm saying, when factoring in the throwbacks being worn twice, we can wear the new black over white only twice, and that equals 4 games in black/white, and 3 in all black. Which is fine to me. 

People have hit this on the head, there’s some things working and a lot of things not working. I think they’ll be fine when we look back in a couple years, but only because by then the Rise Up set will be gone. The red pants need to burn right now, having that black side stripe kills them. The pants now match with no jersey and they don’t belong. 

I'm a Saints fan who think the Saints wear all-black way too much. And that's pretty much all they wore last year. They wore the gold pants once in LA and lost. What's worse is they broke out the stripeless white diaper pants with the white jerseys. The all-white non-Color Rush uniform is even worse than the all-black.

So the Falcons all-black will no doubt look terrible. I'll give them this: At least they put a stripe on the pants. That's more than I can say for the Saints.

Archived