BlazerBlaze

Falcons New Unis 2020

9 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

I don’t get why people dislike monochrome. It’s more unique and looks cooler than color on white for most teams. The Falcons look really good, Seahawks look amazing and the Jags all black looked the best. Sure some teams don’t work like the Bills but they’re not always bad

I'm not sure how it's "unique" when several teams do it full time, and half the league does it on occasion, and a ton of college teams do it all the time.

I think it's stupid to dismiss monochrome just because, but I think it really needs to be done right, or it looks unprofessional - like a college or arena team.  NFL football has a traditional aesthetic, and while it's definitely OK to push that, and tons of teams have done it successfully, there's a difference between 'pushing' it and 'blowing through' it.

I happen to like Carolina's black on black.  There's enough trim - specifically the pants stripes - to make it not all-black.  They need to not wear black socks though.  I like Seattle's, and think it's well designed - even if that's considered 'blowing through' the aesthetic.  Sometimes it just works.  I like New England's navy over navy, and even when Buffalo goes royal over royal.  It's not the best look for those teams, but I still like it.

The Saints are horrible, these Falcons are horrible, and most of the teams that simply take their dark pants and wear them with their dark jersey even if it's not designed to work that way look terrible.  

Think about it like this - when you think of the all-time greats, can you really picture them wearing some of these uniforms?

Look at Reggie White.  He looks like a professional.  He looks like a "man" (for lack of a better term.)  He's so serious that he scared the color right out of Steve Young.  I can't even think of him looking that serious in any of these clown suits.  I can't really imagine any 38-year-old wearing some of these clown suits.

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't have a problem with the "ATL" at all, It works for them/that city. What I have a problem with is how big it is.

It looks fine on that one image of Ryan but the actual one looks like someone leaned on the CTRL and + buttons. It looks like those awful STATE Michigan St jerseys or the giant Cleveland the Browns are finally getting rid of.

Posted (edited)

mod edit

Edited by IceCap
racist content won't be tolerated

6 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

I'm a 35 years old old fart and this word only brings up two things. Migos incomprehensible mumbling and rich white kids from the burbs acting and talking like wannabe crack dealers from the hood...

Ironically, 35 year olds today are born in 1985 or 84 which means you would technically be a millennial.

I was surprised seeing the red pants, did not think they would show up at all with the stripe issues. While the red pants are awful and should be shelved as soon as possible, red socks on the homes and alternate might be able to salvage e this cluster:censored:. Of course, they’ll probably o it wear them with red pants 

25 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

I don’t get why people dislike monochrome.

Because people have their own unique tastes and don't always like what you like. It's not hard.

Get out from inside your own head and understand your tastes aren't the centre of everything.  

7 hours ago, Ark said:

I saw these on twitter, wish they did this

EVG8tcxUMAA1T3S?format=jpg&name=large

EVG8tdKU0AATQdc?format=jpg&name=large

They still could do this, right? Not saying they would, but I don't think the 5 year rule applies to pants. 

Just now, hawk36 said:

They still could do this, right? Not saying they would, but I don't think the 5 year rule applies to pants. 

They could. But they won't. 😛

I'm placing an imaginary bet that one day, they'll wear the red gradient jerseys with red pants.

And it shall be called the Hula Hoop look.

I don't mind matching jerseys and pants on occassion, provided there's enough contrasting colors in the uniform AND they wear contrasting, or at least, striped socks. Otherwise it just looks like a unitard. It's the absolutely worse with all black stripeless pant teams like the Saints, Ravens and Jags and now Falcons even though theres a stripe, its thin.

Look below at the Panthers: The first pic looks good, I actually like it. But then you look at the bottom and the black socks just tear down the whole look. You need contrast somewhere, not counting the helmet.

usatsi_11595824.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

usa_today_11693754.0.jpg

18 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Because people have their own unique tastes and don't always like what you like. It's not hard.

Get out from inside your own head and understand your tastes aren't the centre of everything.  

This same thing applies to the people that repeatedly say the exact opposite too.

7 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

This same thing applies to the people that repeatedly say the exact opposite too.

Of course it does, but I don't see "I don't get why people like monochrome" nearly as much as people who say "I don't get why people don't like monochrome."

There are a lot of monochrome haters to be sure, but I rarely see them state outright that they can't get why someone would have a different opinion. That trait seems reserved to the 🔥🔥🔥 crowd. 

14 minutes ago, CrookedThumb said:

I'm placing an imaginary bet that one day, they'll wear the red gradient jerseys with red pants.

And it shall be called the Hula Hoop look.

What if they go full on Atlanta Hawks and make black-to-red gradient pants? To make an already terrible jersey worse? That would be lit! 🔥🔥🔥💯💯💯👌👌👌

4 minutes ago, colortv said:

How do you go from this:

594971392.jpeg

To this: 

1199046334.jpg.jpg

It’s a fairly long video. Hope this helps

or are we talking about Henry changing from 2 to 22? That’s just a uniform rule once preseason ends.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

It’s a fairly long video. Hope this helps

or are we talking about Henry changing from 2 to 22? That’s just a uniform rule once preseason ends.

Lol..The Titans uniforms are actually pretty OK to me. Modify the number 1 , make the sword stripes on the pants vertical, add a touch of red, and get that side panel off the jerseys.

12 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

Lol..The Titans uniforms are actually pretty OK to me. Modify the number 1 , make the sword stripes on the pants vertical, add a touch of red, and get that side panel off the jerseys.

Additionally, make the yokes a solid color instead of split between two grays. As much as I hate to admit it, the Titans’ unis have really grown on me. I just wish they weren’t so in love with navy pants for every game

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Think about it like this - when you think of the all-time greats, can you really picture them wearing some of these uniforms?

And that’s why people gravitate to the older looks. Because greats wore them and classic moments happened in them. I guarantee if a team wore rainbows and that became iconic people would clamor for them. Oh wait I don’t need to speculate just ask Hawaii and Denver

10.13.16_nuggets_rainbow_jersey_252.jpg?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjQegL1_7jS1mv0G1wD09

Maybe you hate these but I see people all the time saying these should be permanent. 

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Look at Reggie White.  He looks like a professional.  He looks like a "man" (for lack of a better term.)  He's so serious that he scared the color right out of Steve Young.  I can't even think of him looking that serious in any of these clown suits.  I can't really imagine any 38-year-old wearing some of these clown suits.

I guarantee you that image you pulled he was wearing all white monochrome. Do you mind me asking when a trend becomes a tradition?

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

and yet i get flak for liking things outside of others taste by saying i’m someone who uses the fire emoji

Just now, Reyes47 said:

I guarantee you that image you pulled he was wearing all white monochrome. Do you mind me asking when a trend becomes a tradition?

And you’d be very wrong about that.