Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

2 hours ago, Reyes47 said:

can you say they were traditional back then? The nfl had only existed for a decade and even if you count pre merger teams uniforms were pretty generic since the introduction of helmets and pads. Pretty much the only thing unique about most teams was he colors which were almost all pretty standard and the logo on the helmet. It may be traditional now but that’s because they’re 40 years old. They also didn’t have the technology to make funky numbers or do crazy gimmicky things. I guess you are right that the design itself is ‘traditional’ but they didn’t have many options back then and it still falls into the problem that if i put it through a gray scale and removed the logo they’d look like half a dozen other teams

Regardless the trend now is “new old school”. and minimalist. For all the faults of the new falcons you can’t really say they’re too busy like their other designs (Jags, Bucs, Oregon etc). They’re pretty plain for the most part. And the Bills, 49ers, Bucs and soon to be LA Rams mimicking their older uniforms is just part of the recent trend that retro is cool

Wrong the NFL has been around for 50 year at that point, enough time to establish what a traditional uniform is. The sport in general had been playing professionally for 70ish years too.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dont care said:

Wrong the NFL has been around for 50 year at that point, enough time to establish what a traditional uniform is. The sport in general had been playing professionally for 70ish years too.

Read it again. I mean NFL post merger. 

42 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

What pads? If they do have pads they’re smaller than kickers pads

Even then are you saying 70s jerseys are exactly the same as 30s jerseys?

Like are you seriously using leather head era uniforms as your proof? Comparing leather heads to 70s football? Was the forward pass invented when those photos were taken? What teams are those?

Sure it's my proof. You claimed that there wasn't "technology" to make gaudy uniforms in the 1970s, and I'm providing evidence from nearly a half century before of uniforms that were gaudy as all hell. Shoulder pads becoming bigger had nothing to do with anything. Teams didn't stop wearing gaudy uniforms because they couldn't make them, they stopped wearing gaudy uniforms because they looked bad.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

29 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That's pretty much the point I've been making all along about having an accepted aesthetic and "pushing" it.  In this case, they "pushed" it with the colors.  In the late '90s 40ers, they "pushed" it with the shadows and the added black (granted there was a throwback element to the shadow, but that hadn't been on a regular NFL jersey in decades.)  The Eagles "pushed" it with their color and a custom font - but it's still a traditional uniform, and while not everyone's favorite, hardly the trainwreck that Tenn, Bucs 1.0, and some others are/were.

are there any non traditional uniforms you like? 

Its obvious we have very different opinions on what a good uniform set is. To me the only thing that matters is they look cool and only use 3 or less colors. Helmet finish doesn’t bother me, drop shadow is fine to me, and unique things like gradient is hit or miss but here it is a hit. Let’s agree to disagree even if people think i’m a filthy twitter causal who slams the fire emoji 

3 minutes ago, MDGP said:

Sure it's my proof. You claimed that there wasn't "technology" to make gaudy uniforms in the 1970s, and I'm providing evidence from nearly a half century before of uniforms that were gaudy as all hell. Shoulder pads becoming bigger had nothing to do with anything. Teams didn't stop wearing gaudy uniforms because they couldn't make them, they stopped wearing gaudy uniforms because they looked bad.

The uniforms you showed were leather head eras. Do you really think leather head era uniforms were the same as the 70s? Find an authentic leather head era jersey and an authentic 70s jersey and tell me how similar they are

jerseys back then were essentially sweaters or long sleeve shirts unlike modern jerseys 

1 minute ago, Reyes47 said:

The uniforms you showed were leather head eras. Do you really think leather head era uniforms were the same as the 70s? Find an authentic leather head era jersey and an authentic 70s jersey and tell me how similar they are

jerseys back then were essentially sweaters or long sleeve shirts unlike modern jerseys 

The browns jerseys were essentially the same just adjusted to fit the template. Bears are largely unchanged. There’s more examples but just because materials and cut changes doesn’t meant the overall design doesn’t stay the same.

8 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

I mean... They're shirts and pants... So, pretty damn similar.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

6 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Really glad the SF is on the bumper just in case I couldn’t tell from the side of the helmet 

spacer.png

But I’m also REALLY glad Vikings is on the jersey just in case I couldn’t tell from the helmet bumper

spacer.png

Meh.  Both need to be about 3” bigger and bolded for me to be impressed.  Maybe SF could put ‘NINERS on the bumper and jersey and Minnesota could go with VIKES on both to be four fire emoji edgy!

10 minutes ago, MDGP said:

sorry but they are very different and the techniques were also different. Is your nfl jersey replicate the same as all your regular shirts?

36 minutes ago, MDGP said:

Teams didn't stop wearing gaudy uniforms because they couldn't make them, they stopped wearing gaudy uniforms because they looked bad.

back then people thought the bucs unis were gaudy. Hell at one point the Cubs pinstripes were seen as gaudy and pretentious. You act like uniforms never went for trends until recently. Pinstripes in baseball happened because the Cubs were the champs and so everyone copied them

58 minutes ago, MDGP said:

Have you dared coming up with an example not from the year he was secretly thinking about, produced at the factory he was implying by a guy in his forties named John like he wanted... I guess you like to live dangerously...

10 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

back then people thought the bucs unis were gaudy. Hell at one point the Cubs pinstripes were seen as gaudy and pretentious. You act like uniforms never went for trends until recently. Pinstripes in baseball happened because the Cubs were the champs and so everyone copied them

Pinstripes originated from three teams in 1888, where are you getting your information? 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived