Falcons New Unis 2020

BlazerBlaze

22 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

A couple retail images have surfaced of the black and white jerseys. These are the mid grade Limiteds. I am very curious to see how the gradient is translated to the fan jerseys. I have a feeling that one may be released as the sublimated, cheaper Legend version only. I can’t see how they would be able to apply that design to the Game or Limited jerseys.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Those are going to be great seller 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Reyes47 said:

read what i wrote. I said the MLB not the National League.

So there are these things called history books...you might want to pay particular attention to one from 1869...

2 hours ago, Reyes47 said:

read what i wrote. I said the MLB not the National League. Even then they only wore them for one year.

While on the topic I think pinstripes are a perfect example of trends/fads turned tradition. The issue is if we close our minds to anything new they’ll never become tradition

Wow… It’s like trying to claim pre-merger NFL shouldn’t be considered the NFL. The National League was then and is now still a part of Major League Baseball. 

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

A couple retail images have surfaced of the black and white jerseys. These are the mid grade Limiteds. I am very curious to see how the gradient is translated to the fan jerseys. I have a feeling that one may be released as the sublimated, cheaper Legend version only. I can’t see how they would be able to apply that design to the Game or Limited jerseys.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I wish the NOB on the black was red too, to match up with how it’s applied to the white jersey and the ATL on the front. Similarly, the hanger effect Falcons on the whites should be red instead of black

07Giants.pngnyy.png

6 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

I wish the NOB on the black was red too, to match up with how it’s applied to the white jersey and the ATL on the front. Similarly, the hanger effect Falcons on the whites should be red instead of black

I could see legibility being the reason for going with white NOB on the black jerseys. I could see (or I guess couldn't see in this case) that red names would be very hard to read on the black of the jersey, especially from a distance.

IEI5Tg1.png

We have our first look at the replica Nike Game jersey:

spacer.png

The Falcons have posted a new "Behind the Scenes: Capturing the New Uniforms" gallery with a bunch of shots. The initial photos were heavily edited with filters and dramatic lighting whereas these photos look like they're taken with a regular camera, which was nice to see. I'll post a sampling of the photos below.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/photos/behind-the-scenes-new-uniforms#92835442-6417-4cb7-88ee-846aab73c03e

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think this is only the second or third shot released showing the red pants. Still an odd choice seeing as it doesn't match anything in the set. If they wanted red pants, they should have either used plain red to match the jersey stripes, or used a cohesive stripe across all elements so that everything can mix and match (for example, all garments could have the red stripe with a thin offset silver stripe, so the red pants with the thin silver stripe would infer the presence of the hidden red stripe on the pants- concept perhaps?).

spacer.png

These aren't the home run I was hoping for, but the more I see them, the more I think they aren't the dumpster fire that everyone is labeling them as. Besides that gradient, they're relatively harmless and very streamlined compared to the old set. The numbers could be better, but they aren't as bad as the Titans and the old Bucs set. The only flair they have is a custom font, a thin stripe up the sides, and ATL on the chest. The ATL seemed very "in my face" when these launched, but within a few days, it just looks normal now. Still not sold on the gradient and not anticipating I will come around to it. But if they can limit that to once per season and figure out their socks, I think this is a decent set.

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

I could see legibility being the reason for going with white NOB on the black jerseys. I could see (or I guess couldn't see in this case) that red names would be very hard to read on the black of the jersey, especially from a distance.

Exactly. You can't match everything just for the hell of it. Some design features need to actually be visible/legible

13 hours ago, Maroon&Gold said:

The National League is part of MLB and is 100% part of the uniform history of baseball. Stop moving goalposts

i’m just using wikipedia  and it says the cubs were the first major league team to use them

6 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

i’m just using wikipedia  and it says the cubs were the first major league team to use them

There's a reason academics say never use Wikipedia to cite items in a paper.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

31 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

2 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

Fixed.

Was something supposed to change? lol

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

I said earlier that I didn’t mind the number font, but at that point I think I had only seen #20. I take that back. The 3 and 8 are not good. They tried too hard to get cute with the numbers.

Archived